Ultrasonic Level Switches: Introduction
- An ultrasonic level switch is a device that uses properties of sound wave propagation to provide accurate, non-contact, and reliable measurement of liquid levels. This device comprises sensors and an electronic control unit that helps in detecting presence of liquid at a particular level.
- Ultrasonic level switches are manufactured from stainless steel to offer highly rugged end product. They are designed to withstand high temperatures, high pressures, and vibration as well as to function efficiently in liquids such as oils, water, and inks.
- Thus, owing to their dynamic design configurations, ultrasonic level switches is an ideal choice for use in sensing applications in off-highway vehicles, printers, etc.
Key Drivers of Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market
- The rate of adoption of ultrasonic level switches has grown over the last few years, owing to extended durability, flexibility, and reliability of these switches, regardless of the environment. Due to their versatility and high level of functionality, ultrasonic level switches are employed to detect the level of liquid in a variety of applications including oil & gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and food & beverages.
- High demand for ultrasonic level switches in the oil & gas industry is primarily attributable to their extensive use in upstream, midstream, and downstream activities. The gap between demand and supply has prompted various companies to invest their financial and technological resources in exploring new oilfields and improving efficiency of oil and gas extraction.
- Moreover, ultrasonic level switches are largely used in water and wastewater treatment plants to detect the accurate water level before carrying out various processes of water treatment
- In addition, governments across the globe are taking initiatives for offering clean water to their citizens. Thus, the global water & wastewater treatment industry is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to rising concerns about protection of the environment and changing regulations regarding the environment. Additionally, increasing lack of surface water sources is laying more stress on the need to improve wastewater treatment systems globally. Considering the impact of these factors, the adoption of ultrasonic level switches in the global water & wastewater industry is expected to increase during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, growth of the global pharmaceutical industry is boosting the global ultrasonic level switch market
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demand for ultrasonic level switches is anticipated to rise significantly during the forecast period
Pharmaceutical Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-use industry, the global ultrasonic level switch market can be segmented into oil & gas, water & wastewater, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and food & beverages
- The pharmaceutical segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period
- In the pharmaceutical industry, maintaining accuracy in the level measurement is a major challenge in drug manufacturing. Ultrasonic level switches are largely used to deliver highly precise measurements of liquid levels.
- Also, the global pharmaceutical industry is growing at a rapid rate. This is further increasing the adoption of ultrasonic level switches.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market
- In terms of region, the global ultrasonic level switch market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The ultrasonic level switch market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the expanding pharmaceutical industry in China and India.
- Moreover, increasing investments by governments of India and China in water and wastewater treatment are expected to fuel the demand for ultrasonic level switches in Asia Pacific in the near future
- The ultrasonic level switch market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market
The global ultrasonic level switch market was moderately fragmented, with several manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Prominent players operating in the global ultrasonic level switch market are focusing on new product development in order to meet the rising demand for ultrasonic level switches. Moreover, manufacturers are increasing their investments in research and development activities for the development of more user-friendly, reliable, and innovative products.
Key players operating in the global ultrasonic level switch market are:
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Clark-Reliance Corporation
- Valcom, Inc.
- H&b Sensors Ltd.
- Introtek International
- Gems Sensors, Inc.
- Dwyer Instruments, Inc.
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market: Research Scope
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market, by Type
- Externally Mounted
- Non Externally Mounted
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Food & Beverages
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America