Ultrasonic Level Switches: Introduction
- An ultrasonic level switch is a device that uses properties of sound wave propagation to provide accurate, non-contact, and reliable measurement of liquid levels. This device comprises sensors and an electronic control unit that helps in detecting presence of liquid at a particular level.
- Ultrasonic level switches are manufactured from stainless steel to offer highly rugged end product. They are designed to withstand high temperatures, high pressures, and vibration as well as to function efficiently in liquids such as oils, water, and inks.
- Thus, owing to their dynamic design configurations, ultrasonic level switches is an ideal choice for use in sensing applications in off-highway vehicles, printers, etc.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Drivers of Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market
- The rate of adoption of ultrasonic level switches has grown over the last few years, owing to extended durability, flexibility, and reliability of these switches, regardless of the environment. Due to their versatility and high level of functionality, ultrasonic level switches are employed to detect the level of liquid in a variety of applications including oil & gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and food & beverages.
- High demand for ultrasonic level switches in the oil & gas industry is primarily attributable to their extensive use in upstream, midstream, and downstream activities. The gap between demand and supply has prompted various companies to invest their financial and technological resources in exploring new oilfields and improving efficiency of oil and gas extraction.
- Moreover, ultrasonic level switches are largely used in water and wastewater treatment plants to detect the accurate water level before carrying out various processes of water treatment
- In addition, governments across the globe are taking initiatives for offering clean water to their citizens. Thus, the global water & wastewater treatment industry is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to rising concerns about protection of the environment and changing regulations regarding the environment. Additionally, increasing lack of surface water sources is laying more stress on the need to improve wastewater treatment systems globally. Considering the impact of these factors, the adoption of ultrasonic level switches in the global water & wastewater industry is expected to increase during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, growth of the global pharmaceutical industry is boosting the global ultrasonic level switch market
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the demand for ultrasonic level switches is anticipated to rise significantly during the forecast period
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Pharmaceutical Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-use industry, the global ultrasonic level switch market can be segmented into oil & gas, water & wastewater, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and food & beverages
- The pharmaceutical segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period
- In the pharmaceutical industry, maintaining accuracy in the level measurement is a major challenge in drug manufacturing. Ultrasonic level switches are largely used to deliver highly precise measurements of liquid levels.
- Also, the global pharmaceutical industry is growing at a rapid rate. This is further increasing the adoption of ultrasonic level switches.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market
- In terms of region, the global ultrasonic level switch market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The ultrasonic level switch market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the expanding pharmaceutical industry in China and India.
- Moreover, increasing investments by governments of India and China in water and wastewater treatment are expected to fuel the demand for ultrasonic level switches in Asia Pacific in the near future
- The ultrasonic level switch market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market
The global ultrasonic level switch market was moderately fragmented, with several manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Prominent players operating in the global ultrasonic level switch market are focusing on new product development in order to meet the rising demand for ultrasonic level switches. Moreover, manufacturers are increasing their investments in research and development activities for the development of more user-friendly, reliable, and innovative products.
Key players operating in the global ultrasonic level switch market are:
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Clark-Reliance Corporation
- Valcom, Inc.
- H&b Sensors Ltd.
- Introtek International
- Gems Sensors, Inc.
- Dwyer Instruments, Inc.
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market: Research Scope
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market, by Type
- Externally Mounted
- Integral Type
- Split Type
- Non Externally Mounted
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Food & Beverages
Global Ultrasonic Level Switch Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.