Type B bulk bags: Market Significance
Over the years, various industries such as packaging & labeling, stationery, etc. have seen increased applications of thermoplastic polymer such as polypropylene (PP). One such novel bulk packaging solution are the bulk bags also known as FIBC bags, specially designed for storage and transportation purpose and offer a light in weight, cost-effective primary as well as secondary packaging solution.
Bulk bags can in classified based on the type of resins used as type (A, B, C, D) wherein Type B bulk bags / FIBC’s are made of coated polypropylene threads consisting of low breakdown voltage to avoid the occurrence of highly energetic promulgating brush discharges which in turn are likely to ignite a dust-air mixture. Type B bulk bags enjoy high recyclability and are eligible to carry up to approximately 500 times its own weight. Type B bulk bags are safely used in carriage of dry granules and powders materials that are combustible in nature. Moreover, Type B bulk bags take up negligible space when flat folded and requires no pallets as these bags have vital lifting loops. Add-on to this, many printing solutions readily available in turn make the Type B bulk bag a perfect promotion & advertising tool for numerous company/brand and also incline to display essential product handling information.
However, Type B bulk bags does not hold the ability to efficiently dissipate static electricity and hence, these bags at times may be applied in the existence of combustible dusts with MIE of higher than 3mj, but again with zero presence of flammable vapors / gases.
Type B bulk bags offers lowest packaging weight per tons of material to be stored or shipped and hence forms a perfect packaging solution. Also, this Type B bulk bags can be customized based on the material to be stored and further can be custom designed as per the client requirement.
Global Type B bulk bags Market: Segmentation
The global Type B bulk bags market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of product type, the global Type B bulk bags market has been segmented as follows –
- U-panel bag
- Circular bag
- Cross-Corner bags
- Four panel bag
- Baffle bag / Q bag
- Tabular bags
On the basis of capacity, the global Type B bulk bags market has been segmented as follows –
- Small (Up to 0.75 cubic meter)
- Medium ( 0.75 to 1.5 cubic meter)
- Large ( Above 1.5 cubic meter)
On the basis of filling & discharge type, the global Type B bulk bags market has been segmented as –
- Open Top & Flat (Closed) Bottom
- Duffle/Skirt Top & Flat (Closed) Bottom
- Open Top And Spout Bottom
- Spout Top & Spout Bottom Bulk Bags
- Duffle/Skirt Top And Spout Bottom
- Spout Top And Closed Bottom
- Other Types
On the basis of end use industry, the global Type B bulk bags market has been segmented as –
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
- Animal Feed
- Food Products
- Building & Construction
Global Type B bulk bags market: Key Players
Some key players that currently operate in Type B bulk bags market across the globe can be segmented into three tiers based on their market share as follow-
- Tier 1 (includes market leaders with a market share of more than 3%)
- ABC Polymer Industries, LLC.
- UNITED BAGS, INC.
- Bulk-Pack, Inc.
- GLOBAL-PAK, INC.
- Mondi plc
- Tier 2 (includes market players with a market share above 1% and below 3%)
- Gulf Plastic Industries SAOG
- National Bulk Bag
- Bag Supplies (FIBC) Limited
- Berry Plastics Inc.
- Tier 3 (includes manufacturers with market share below 1%)
- Rishi FIBC Solutions PVT. Ltd.
- Olympic Bulk Bags Pty (Ltd)
- Mega Bags (Pty) Ltd
- LC PackagingAbdos Polymers Ltd.
- Umasree Texplast
- STP Group Hanoi Plastic Bag JSC
- Virgo Polymer (India) Ltd.
- Aditya Timpack Pvt Ltd
- Bulk Bags (PTY) Ltd.
- Shalimar Pack
Exhibit 2: Value Chain Analysis
The demand for bulk bag / FIBC bags is directly dependent on the material to be stored as well as environments to which this material is to be carried. It has been seen that, material used in manufacturing of Type B bulk bags has low breakdown voltage (less than 4KV) to evade “Propagating Brush Discharges” (PBD) which are extremely active and dangerous. Subsequently, the demand for Type C bulk bags which are electrically conductive or groundable has witnessed a sharp growth, especially in the in the emerging markets.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.