Lamination Films Market
Lamination Films Market (Material Type: Polypropylene [PP], Polyvinyl Chloride [PVC], Polyester [PET], Polyamide [PA], Polyethylene [PE]. and Others; Thickness: Up to 0.1 mm, 0.1-0.5 mm, 0.5-1 mm, and Above 1 mm; and End User: Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Building & Construction, Electronics, Chemicals & Fertilizers, and Others [Automotive]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Press Release :
Germ-killing Films Storming Lamination Films Market amid COVID-19 Outbreak
The antimicrobial laminating film is becoming a rage in the packaging industry amid the coronavirus pandemic. Taghleef Industries (Ti), one of the largest manufacturers of BoPP, CPP, and BoPLA films in the world, is gaining recognition for its Derprosa Antimicrobial laminating film, which has the potential to be effective against coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Competitor companies in the lamination films market are taking cues from such innovations to increase testing of potential laminating film materials.
Manufacturers in the lamination films market are competing to increase the availability of protective laminated films to stave off viruses, bacteria, and germs. On the other hand, the pandemic has led to business loss for digital printers and advertising technology companies, since events and trade fairs were practically banned or have been rescheduled. Manufacturers are seen diversifying their production and business activities in essential applications such as food & beverage (F&B), pharmaceuticals, and fertilizers, among others, to sustain income sources.
While studying the flexible packaging market before the COVID-19 pandemic, it was found that there was an extensive and consistent demand for the flexible packaging compared to the rigid packaging in terms of product packaging owing to ease & convenience in handling. Moreover, other factors such as cost-effectiveness and low energy requirements while manufacturing flexible packaging films are boosting the demand for flexible packaging.
In addition, majority of the manufacturers is consistently carrying out R&D for innovative solutions in the lamination films market in terms of recyclability and reusability.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Lamination Films Market
Meeting Regulatory Requirements, Technical Specifications Important for Market Growth
The global lamination films market is projected to reach US$ 12.3 Bn by the end of 2029. However, manufacturers are striving to meet challenging specifications of customers, taking efforts to prevent wastage by protecting customers’ products, and gaining proficiency to meet regulatory requirements. Manufacturers are boosting their production capabilities to meet peel or low seal temperature requirements and other specific film performances.
Manufacturers are working closely with packaging technical specialists, buyers, product managers, and operational managers to continuously renovate and improve their product portfolio. Plastic film packaging company Copol International is meeting regulatory requirements by helping customers lower their environmental footprint with cast polypropylene-based lamination film grades.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Use of Biaxially Oriented Polymer Threads to Produce Quality Biodegradable Laminating Films
Biodegradable and fully compostable laminating films are being developed by companies in the lamination films market. LAM’ON LTD - a start-up in the printing & packaging industry, is being publicized for its 100% biodegradable & fully compostable laminating film and a packaging foil made of corn. Other startups are increasing efforts to draw similar innovations by increasing research in compostable laminating films that prevent VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions for people producing them, thus promoting a healthy work environment.
Manufacturers are targeting printers and publishers to boost sales of compostable laminating films. Innovative antimicrobial additives based on metallic silver particles are being incorporated in biodegradable lamination films. Manufacturers are offering better quality biodegradable lamination films with the help of biaxially oriented polymer threads, which make films strong, durable, and less prone to tearing.
Robust PE Films Correspond with Strict Requirements of Food Industry
Companies in the lamination films market are increasing their output capacities in polyethylene (PE) lamination films. Coveris - a European packaging company and manufacturer of paper & plastic-based flexible packaging solutions, is building its portfolio in PE lamination films that are being increasingly used as inside and external layer applications. PE lamination films help function as seals or can be used for surface protection. Dairy, pet food, dried food & snacks, and personal care products, among others, are triggering the demand for PE lamination films.
Manufacturers are establishing close co-operation with their customers to select the most appropriate lamination film type. Companies in the lamination films market are developing films that are co-extruded and enables the company to fix continuous seal layer performance. Hygiene certified production processes are being adopted by film manufacturers to correspond with strict requirements of the food industry.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Lamination Films Market
Strict hygiene measures in end-use industries due to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic are likely to boost the demand for antimicrobial laminating films. The lamination films market is estimated to advance at a modest CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period. However, potentially fragmented nature of the market has intensified competition to meet technical specifications of customers, adhere to regulatory requirements, and prevent wastage owing to damage caused to products. Thus, to overcome these hurdles, stakeholders should work closely with customers to select the right materials and prevent product damage, adopt hygiene certified production processes and produce biodegradable films to meet regulatory requirements.
Lamination Films Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global lamination films market for the forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is estimated to gain traction driven by the demand from food & beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics & personal care industries
Rising Demand for Tough, Durable Packaging Material Escalating Market Growth for Lamination Films
- In recent times, global flexible packaging has witnessed significant market growth, owing to added advantages over the rigid packaging in terms of ease & convenience and flexibility. Moreover, continuous research & development activities in flexible packaging has led to the innovations in the different flexible packaging materials, thereby pulling the demand for the market.
- Lamination films are used as a protective packaging in various industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics & personal care. They not only secure the product but also change the product’s look especially on documents and sensitive products. With increasing research & development activities, manufacturers are innovating and making advancements in product development. Various types of plastics are used with the combination to provide greater strength and durability, which will safeguard the product from moisture, dirt, dust, etc., especially during transportation.
- Adding to improved strength and durability, lamination film also provides longer shelf life to the product and visibility to a product. Product development and research & development activities are leading to innovations in lamination films with enhancing the product characteristics such as added strength and durability, which are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Glossy, Eye-catchy Appearance of Packaging Solutions Driving Demand for Lamination Films
- Lamination films are available in glossy as well as matte appearance. Glossy appearance changes a product’s look, especially in the cosmetics & personal care sector, while the matte lamination film improves the handling properties of the product. Besides providing the protection for the wear & tear and other external factors such as from dust, moisture, rain, etc. the lamination films also improve the product appearance.
- Recent trend in packaging industry, including sustainability and recyclability is also attracting customers toward innovative packaging, thus increasing the demand for lamination films. Amcor’s Genesis, an all-polyethylene (PE) laminate has an excellent durability, ease-of-use, and aesthetics, along with in-store recycling. It reduces almost 35% of the carbon footprint compared to traditional lamination film, which is gaining traction these days.
Lamination Films Market: Key Findings
- As per material type, the polypropylene segment is forecast to hold around 2/5th of the market share during the forecast period, owing to its light weight and stretchable property, which serve as a remarkable tool in the manufacturing of the lamination films
- In terms of thickness, the 0.1-0.5 mm lamination film segment is expected to account for majority of the market share, owing to excellent thickness and durability of lamination films, which provide the magnificent protection to products
- The target segment is forecast to offer total incremental opportunity of US$ ~1.9 Bn over the next 10 years and expand 1.7 times to its market value
- Consumption of lamination films in the pharmaceutical industry is expected to gain new heights. Due to increasing demand for lamination films in blister and carton boxes packaging, the pharmaceutical segment is expected to expand at a prominent CAGR of 6% during the assessment period.
- Asia Pacific region is expected to capture lucrative opportunities for the lamination films market, owing to majority of plastic production in the Asia Pacific. Europe is estimated to hold ~25% share of the lamination films market by the end of the forecast period, owing to the growth of the food & beverages sector and continuous research & development activities on different plastic packaging formats. This is boosting the demand for lamination films.
Lamination Films Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global lamination films market is highly competitive, owing to new start-ups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the company over the past five years.
- The recent study on the lamination films market includes profiles of players such as
- Mondi Group Plc
- Uflex Ltd
- Taghleef Industries LLC
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
- Granitol A.S
- Polinas Plastik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
- Poligal S.A.
- Ultralen Film GmbH
- Coveris Holdings SA
- Film & Foil Solutions Limited
- D&K Group, Inc.
- IG Industries Plc
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.(SWM)
- TroFilms GmbH
- ERG BIERUŃ – FOLIE Sp. z o.o.
- IBF GRAPHICA S.A.
- Folienwerk Wolfen GmbH
- KDX America, LLC
- J-Film Corporation
- Atlantis Plastics Films, Inc.
- Top-In Film Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- Jindal Poly Films Limited
- Guangdong Eko Film Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- JK Polyfilm
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Mondi Plc, Uflex Ltd., Constantia Flexible Group GmbH, and Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc are identified as Tier 1 players in the lamination films market. The Tier 2 players are Coveris Holdings S.A., Cosmo Films Ltd., Taghleef Industries LLC, KDX America LLC, and J-Film Corporation. Tier 3 players are Dunmore and Jindal Poly films, among others.
COVID-19 Impact: Pandemic to Slowdown Market Growth Considerably
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused less to moderate impact on the logistics and supply chain, which has resulted in difficulty in procurement of raw material especially recycled plastic products. This has resulted in a slight slowdown of the lamination films market in prominent regions such as Asia Pacific and Europe.
- COVID-19 pandemic is expected likely to add economic and financial challenges for the manufacturers of lamination films across various regions. Restricted regulations and limitation regarding the manufacturing practices in terms of product demand and disturbed supply chain management and logistics have also affected the growth of the lamination films market.
- Stringent regulations framed by regulatory bodies have also led manufacturing industries to shut down and work with limited resources and working capacity. This has led to slowdown in manufacturing activities, thus affecting the lamination films market.
- Changing consumer preferences toward adoption of recyclable and reusable lamination films has also fueled the demand for recyclable lamination films compared to traditional lamination films
- Nevertheless, as various countries are lifting the lockdown with proper precautionary measures, the demand for lamination films is forecast to grow toward the end of 2021
Lamination Films Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global lamination films market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the lamination films market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses.
The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the lamination films market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends, and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Lamination Films Market Report
- What will be market size for lamination films by the end of 2029?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on lamination films market?
- Which is the most preferred material for manufacturing lamination films in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which end user segment holds maximum market share of the global lamination films market?
- Who are major key players in the lamination films market?
Key indicators associated with the lamination films market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global lamination films market.
A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of lamination films. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the lamination films market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the lamination films market are provided on the material type, thickness, end user, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The lamination films market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the lamination films market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of lamination films manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end uses for lamination films.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the lamination films market report include Mondi Group Plc, Uflex Ltd, Taghleef Industries LLC, Cosmo Films Ltd., Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Granitol A.S, Polinas Plastik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S., Poligal S.A., Ultralen Film GmbH, Coveris Holdings SA, Film & Foil Solutions Limited, D&K Group, Inc., IG Industries Plc, Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.(SWM), TroFilms GmbH, ERG BIERUN – FOLIE Sp. z o.o., IBF GRAPHICA S.A., Folienwerk Wolfen GmbH, Amerplast, KDX America, LLC, J-Film Corporation, Atlantis Plastics Films, Inc., Dunmore, Top-In Film Manufacture Co., Ltd., Jindal Poly Films Limited, Guangdong Eko Film Manufacture Co., Ltd., and JK Polyfilm.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the lamination films market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the lamination films market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the lamination films market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Lamination Films Market – Segmentation
The global lamination films market has been segmented on the basis of material type, thickness, end user, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.