Hygiene Breathable Films Market
Hygiene Breathable Films Market (Material Type: Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polystyrene, Polyamide, and Others; Product Type: Microporous and Non-porous; Thickness: Up to 20 Micron, 20-30 Micron, 30-40 Micron, 40 Micron & Above; and Application: Diapers, Sanitary Napkins, Under-pads, Surgical Clothing, Tapes, and Laminates) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Medical Hygiene Fuels Demand for Hygiene Breathable Films
In most hygiene businesses, polyethylene films and laminates are used as preventive films for products such as baby diapers, incontinence diapers, and surgical drapes. Melted polyethylene is laminated in the extrusion coating process to make sanitary products as per the requirement. Hygiene breathable films can absorb water vapors and gases, but are resistant to water in a liquid state. These films are most popular for their use in the manufacture of disposable sanitary products such as sanitary napkins, diapers, incontinences pads, and others. Breathable films help to intensify user convenience and their permeability enables the skin to breathe better. Breathable films can be produced by combining mineral filler such as calcium carbonate and polymers. The combination produces a microporous structure that permits merely water vapor transmission without transferring water. These microporous hygiene breathable films are increasingly being used in medical products such as surgical drapes, sanitary napkins, baby and adult diapers, under-pads, etc. This is driving the hygiene breathable films market.
The hygiene breathable films are trending for their cost-effective results to provide moisture control in a wide range of applications for baby and feminine hygiene products. Polyurethane-based breathable films are expected to witness the highest demand in all types due to their increasing use in the medical sector. While breathability is a crucial parameter of user comfort, these breathable films are also being widely used in surgical gloves, surgical drapes, patient gowns, and table & bed covers. These hygiene breathable films are monolithic and produce a better liquid barrier as compared to other microporous breathable films. Due to the high mechanical properties such as abrasion resistance, high durability, and low-temperature flexibility, the global hygiene breathable films market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hygiene Breathable Films Market
Health, Hygiene Consciousness to Drive Hygiene Breathable Films Market
Despite enough emphasis on personal hygiene, hygiene practices failed to make a major impact on the global industry. The COVID-19 pandemic has fueled the adoption of hygiene practices on a global scale. This was a result of increased health consciousness among people and governments imposing lockdowns resulting in stocking up of baby, adult, and feminine sanitary products. The hygiene breathable films used in medical and surgical applications proved crucial in the fight against the virus until a vaccine was found. The early days of the pandemic witnessed a surge in the demand for hygiene breathable films; however, they were out of stock in a few days. The announcement of nationwide lockdown and restriction on supply chain led to the panic due to unavailability of raw materials and workforce, which became a major challenge for the global hygiene breathable films market.
Although there was a heavy demand for hygiene products, manufacturers were unable to operate with limited resources and restricted trade activities. However, some businesses relied on local raw materials and available manpower to continue operating to provide sanitary products to the consumers. However, with improving control on the pandemic, the supply chains in various developed nations resumed and various manufacturers have started rapid production for hygiene breathable films due to heightened demand from the end users. People have grown conscious of their health and hygiene, and taking necessary products to keep themselves fit and infection-free. With the pandemic nearing its end, many manufacturers and businesses are resuming their production activities to fill the demand gap. Post-COVID-19, there is likely to be sustained focus on personal hygiene, thus propelling the hygiene breathable films market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Eco-friendly Products with User Convenience to Trend in Developing Countries
The world has witnessed increased usage of hygiene products in recent years, especially in developed countries. The adoption rate of sanitary diapers in the U.S., Canada, and Japan are relatively high in the regional segment. However, with increasing awareness in developing countries and various government initiatives to spread awareness, there is a rising demand for hygiene breathable films in these regions. Moreover, various breathable film manufacturers are increasingly investing in R&D activities to mass-produce products with superior comfort, absorbency, and breathability to fulfill the growing demand from several regions. Furthermore, rising old-age populations in regions such as Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia is expected to drive the demand for incontinence hygiene products, thus contributing to the growth of the global hygiene breathable films market.
There is a rising consumer preference for biodegradable products due to increased environmental consciousness. Thus, several major market players are shifting to produce eco-friendly products to meet the growing market demand. Biodegradable films are comparatively better at possessing moisture properties with easy availability at an affordable price. Moreover, the consumption rate of these breathable films has been increasing over the years with high demand for baby diapers. Hygiene breathable films are utilized in the diaper’s back sheets. The stretched polyolefin hygiene breathable film is proving to be better at vapor transmission and is more convenient to use. The hygiene breathable films are efficient to reduce the humidity and warmth using laminates of breathable films and non-woven webs. This is likely to drive the global demand for the hygiene breathable films market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Offer Growth Opportunities to Market Players
The growing female population across the world is expected to demand sanitary products. Several governments are increasing initiatives to spread awareness about feminine hygiene and products to keep them safe from multiple infections and diseases. Moreover, with rising production, the cost of such products has declined, thereby increasing the consumption and availability even in remote areas. The Asia Pacific, with its number of developing countries, is expected to witness a surge in the demand for hygiene breathable films due to increasing production and rising penetration of hygiene products. China is likely to hold major share of the Asia Pacific hygiene breathable films market. Countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and India are witnessing increase in demand for sanitary products, which is contributing to the global hygiene breathable films market growth. The global hygiene breathable films market is anticipated to cross the value of US$ 1 Bn by 2029, at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hygiene Breathable Films Market
The growing demand from several end-use industries such as medical, personal care, food packaging, and construction is projected to drive the breathable film market in the Asia Pacific. The rising use of sanitary napkins, baby diapers, and hygiene products due to popularity of health protection is propelling the global hygiene breathable films market. Moreover, due to expanding manufacturing sector and competitive business strategies, the end-use products of hygiene breathable films including sanitary pads and napkins have become cheaper and affordable to women across the world. Despite varying conditions in developed and developing regions, globalization and innovations in hygiene products have promoted the global hygiene breathable films market, which is further expected to expand during the forecast period.
Hygiene Breathable Films Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global hygiene breathable films market for the forecast period of 2021-2029, the hygiene breathable films market is estimated to be driven by innovations & developments associated with paper coatings and rise in demand for ready-to-eat and packed food items
- The global hygiene breathable films market is expected to expand ~1.7 times to current market value at a CAGR of 6.1 % during forecast period
Increasing Awareness about Female Health, Hygiene Enhances Sales
- Across the globe, rising female population coupled with government initiates on creating awareness about feminine hygiene products is driving the global hygiene breathable films market
- One of the major factors boosting the demand for hygiene breathable films is low cost feminine hygiene products. Consumers, mostly females, buy feminine hygiene products that are low in cost. This has increased the sales and demand for those products due to which, manufactures in the market are producing more of feminine hygiene products, which need hygiene breathable films in the production of those products.
- Hygiene breathable films allow the product to safeguard from infection and allergies while in use. On the back of these factors, the global hygiene breathable films market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
Changing Lifestyle, Increasing Purchasing Power Fuel Market Growth
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, consumers are becoming concerned about hygiene product. It has observed that consumer buying behavior has shifted tremendously after pandemic and more apparent in the sanitary products & personal hygiene products. Furthermore, consumers are more conscious and willing to spend on hygiene products due to awareness about health and hygiene. Whether middle class or upper class, consumers are not sacrificing for buying hygiene products. Hygiene products are considered as an essential and foremost product for human being.
- Moreover, hygiene breathable films is witnessing consistent demand for sanitary napkins, diapers, and surgical clothing, among others, as it provides exceptional resistant against water. All these factors are projected to fuel the hygiene breathable films market growth during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Biodegradable Hygiene Breathable Films Bolster Sales
- Increasing consumer choices and preferences for biodegradable products, key players in the market are also shifting and manufacturing the products, which are environment-friendly. Biodegradable hygiene breathable films possessed better moisture properties. Moreover, biodegradable hygiene breathable films are relatively cost-efficient and readily available. Thus, they are consumed in the production of diapers, sanitary napkins, surgical clothing, etc.
- These films help in reducing the impact on the environment
Hygiene Breathable Films Market: Key Findings
- In terms of application, diapers is anticipated to emerge as the most lucrative segment. The target segment is projected to hold ~42.3% market share by the end of 2029. Due to its absorbent for water vapors and gases, the target segment is projected to gain significant momentum in the near future.
- Based on product type, the microporous segment is expected to witness enormous demand. The segment is anticipated to offer total incremental opportunity of US$ ~357.6 Mn by the end of 2029 and likely to expand by 1.8 time to its market value over the next eight years.
- Hygiene product manufacturers operating in the global hygiene breathable films market can target the highly lucrative Asia Pacific region to strengthen the market position and financial revenues. Rapid market penetration of the pharmaceuticals sector in Asian countries is promising substantial growth.
- Europe region is estimated to hold ~24% share of the market by the end of forecast period
Hygiene Breathable Films Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global hygiene breathable films market is highly competitive, owing to emergence of startups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the companies.
- The recent study of hygiene breathable films market includes profiles of players such as
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Berry Global, Inc.
- RKW Group
- Trioplast Group
- GCR Group
- PT Asia Pacific Fortuna Sari
- Napco National Paper Products Company Ltd
- Fatra A.S
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Skymark Packaging International
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Bio Packaging Films, LLC
- Quanzhou Niso Industry Co.,Ltd.
- American Polyfilm, INC.
- among others
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Trioplast Group and RKW Group are identified as Tier 1 players in hygiene breathable films market. Tier 2 players are Schweitzer Mauduit International, Inc., Berry Global, Inc., and Kimberly-Clark Corporation. Tier 3 players are Fatra A.S, Napco National Paper Products Company Ltd., Nitto Denko Corporation, Skymark Packaging International Ltd., and Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., among others.
COVID-19 Pandemic to Accelerate Market Growth Significantly
- COVID-19 pandemic has had a positive impact on the global hygiene breathable films market. The increasing demand for masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) in medical supplies due to the pandemic is driving the market. Favorable market conditions due to the spread of COVID-19 has increased the demand for medical supplies, including hygiene breathable films for the products.
- Consumers are spending more on healthcare facilities such as sanitary pads, under pads, diapers, etc., due to the spread of virus and bacteria. Moreover, hygiene breathable films are used in the production of surgical gowns, surgical gloves, and PPE kits. The higher consumption of these products during the pandemic has uplifted the hygiene breathable market. However, globally, many countries are witnessing a rise in the consumption as well as production of personal hygiene products, which is expected to grow in the near future.
Hygiene Breathable Films Market- Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global hygiene breathable films market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the hygiene breathable films market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the hygiene breathable films market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends & developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Hygiene Breathable Films Market Report
- What will be market size for hygiene breathable films by the end of 2029?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on hygiene breathable films market?
- Which is the most preferred material for manufacturing hygiene breathable films in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which application holds maximum market share in the global hygiene breathable films market?
- Who are major key players in the hygiene breathable films market?
Key indicators associated with the hygiene breathable films market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global hygiene breathable films market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of hygiene breathable films. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the hygiene breathable films market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the hygiene breathable films market are provided on the application, material type, product type, thickness, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The hygiene breathable films market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the hygiene breathable films market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of hygiene breathable films manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end uses of the hygiene breathable films.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the hygiene breathable films market report include Nitto Denko Corporation, Berry Global, Inc., RKW Group, Trioplast Group, GCR Group, PT Asia Pacific Fortuna Sari, Napco National Paper Products Company Ltd, Fatra A.S, Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Skymark Packaging International, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Bio Packaging Films, LLC, Quanzhou Niso Industry Co.,Ltd., and American Polyfilm, INC., among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the hygiene breathable films market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the hygiene breathable films market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the hygiene breathable films market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Hygiene Breathable Films Market – Segmentation
The global hygiene breathable films market has been segmented on the basis of application, material type, product type, thickness, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.