Twilight Switches: Introduction
- Twilight switches act as a control device for switching lighting circuits, remotely, according to light condition detected by the sensor
- Twilight switches help reduce the unnecessary usage of lighting circuits where there is sufficient daylight. Hence, they are useful in reducing energy consumption and can be used in gardens, entrances, courtyards, parking spaces, etc.
- Twilight switches activate the light, lamp, motor, etc., in the evening and performs the reverse process, or deactivates them, at dawn
- The twilight switch circuit consists of an operational amplifier, which acts as inverting amplifier and LDR as a light sensor. The LDR has low resistance when exposed to high intensity light and high resistance when exposed to dark.
- Twilight switches are useful in places, such as shop windows, street lighting, highways, secondary roads, telecom stations, etc., where automatic lighting control is needed
Rise in Demand for Twilight Switches Globally
- Twilight switches are primarily utilized as automatic light controllers. They switch ON the lights only when they are actually required, which offers security and mental relief. These switches are suitable for domestic and commercial purposes such as lamps in the porch, balcony, outside passages, backyards, shops, apartments, stairways, offices, schools, colleges, hospitals, industries, commercial establishments, farm houses, etc.
- Demand for twilight switches in the retail sector is expected to increase owing to the increasing awareness about technology and popularity of building automation and management
- Rising concern about industrial safety, obligatory regulations by governing bodies, and rapid expansion of the real estate sector are key factors driving the market
- Increase in demand for twilight switches in various sectors such as residential and commercial buildings, healthcare, retail, IT & telecommunication, hospitality is anticipated to fuel the twilight switches market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Twilight Switches Market
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global twilight switches market due to rapid industrialization along with extensive infrastructural development across the region
- Rise in demand for efficient systems for generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Asia Pacific is further boosting the market in the region
- Increase in adoption of low-voltage twilight switches across various industries, such as transportation, aviation, railways, telecommunications and power generation, is also fueling the market in Asia Pacific
- Rise in awareness about maintaining the safety of workers in electronics and manufacturing industries is also contributing to the expansion of the global twilight switches market
Key Players Operating in Global Twilight Switches Market
- B+B Thermo-Technik
- ABB, Ltd.
- Doepke Schaltgeräte GmbH
- Dynamic Motion SA
- PERRY ELECTRIC
- Ziehl Industrie
- Theben AG
- Eaton Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Electro Arts
Global Twilight Switches Market: Research Scope
Global Twilight Switches Market, by Type
- DIN Rail Mounting
- Wall Mounting
Global Twilight Switches Market, by Application
Global Twilight Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!