Turbine Gas Meter: Introduction
- Turbine gas meters, also called gas velocity meters, are used in indirect volume measuring instruments
- They are useful for exact determination of gas quantities. Turbine gas meters are utilized in gas transport companies, storage facilities, and in industrial high pressure applications.
- Turbine gas meters are flow type gas meters that utilize the gas velocity to determine the volume of gas passing through the meter
- Turbine gas meters are needed where continuity of gas is important owing to their ability to pass gas flow when meter service is interrupted
Increased Demand for Turbine Gas Meter
- Rise in usage of gas (by residential and commercial installations) over conventional sources of energy, such as oil and fossil fuels, is fueling the turbine gas meters market. This shift is likely to open new areas of application for these meters as well as growth opportunities in related services such as support and logistics, data management, etc.
- Turbine gas meters are widely employed to measure clean, dry gases and liquids such as hydrocarbons, chemicals, gases and vapors, fuels, and for applications requiring highly accurate and precise measurements
- Turbine gas meters are used in different types of pipeline installations including those for metering stations, chemical injection and offloading to smaller pipelines for delivery and truck loading stations
North America to Lead Global Turbine Gas Meter Market
- Rise in development of gas pipeline projects is projected to fuel the gas meters market during the forecast period. Development of pipeline projects in emerging economies and of shale oil projects in the U.S. and Canada, enhanced oil recovery (EOR) endeavors, and remediation of pipeline infrastructure bottlenecks are expected to boost the demand for turbine gas meters globally.
- Increase in adoption of turbine gas meters and growing government support across Europe and Asia Pacific (APAC) to promote the use of these meters in order to monitor disbursement and combat instances of theft of gas in supply lines across domestic households in these regions is driving the market
- Middle East & Africa is witnessing a steady rise in investments in the energy sector. Moreover, several countries in the region are expanding their energy portfolios to reduce dependence on oil. This is likely to create significant opportunities for players operating in the turbine gas meter market, thereby increasing deployment of these meters in the commercial, industrial, and residential sectors in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Turbine Gas Meter Market
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corp.
- Emerson Electric
- Elliott Group
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Dresser-Rand India Pvt. Ltd
- Regal Beloit (Marathon) ,
- Hoffer Flow Controls Inc.
- Flow Meter Group
- ABB, Ltd.
Global Turbine Gas Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Turbine Gas Meter Market, by Type
- Axial Type
- Tangential Type
- Mechanical Type
Global Turbine Gas Meter Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Pharma-Bio Tech
- Food & Beverage
- Power Generations
- Chemical Industry
- Petroleum Industry
Global Turbine Gas Meter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!