Trimethylgallium (TMG): Introduction
- Chemical beam epitaxy (CBE) is now recognized as a powerful growth technique for the realization of GaAs-based heterojunction bipolar transistor devices, due to the capability of CBE to produce extremely high and stable p-type C-doping concentrations in GaAs using trimethylgallium. Trimethylgallium, also known as TMG and TMGa, is a favored metalorganic basis of gallium for metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE) of gallium-containing semiconductor such as GaAs, GaP, GaSb, GaN, InGaAs, and InGaN.
- TMG is available in nature in trace amounts in bauxite and zinc ores. It is a colorless, clear pyrophoric liquid. TMG has boiling point of 60?C. It reacts violently with compounds that provide active hydrogen and water. Hydrocarbon solutions of TMG, when saturated, are known to catch fire when exposed to air. Hence, TMG is handled with utmost care and stored in a cool and dry place under inert atmospheres. TMG is prepared by the reaction of dimethylzinc with gallium trichloride. The most competitive base material for the production of semiconductor is gallium.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market
- Increase in demand for LED lights in the electronic industry is one of the major factors driving the global TMG market. Rise in demand for optoelectronic applications among end-user industries is also expected to boost the demand for TMG in the near future.
- GaN technology, which was used historically in defense and military applications, has recently begun to gain acceptance in commercial wireless infrastructure and satellite markets. Rise in application of the technology is anticipated to drive the market in the near future.
Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market: Segmentation
- The global TMG market can be segmented in terms of grade and end-user
- In terms of grade, the global TMG market can be divided into 6N grade TMG, 6.5N grade TMG, and others. 6N grade TMG and 6.5N grade TMG segments are anticipated to account for notable share of the global market in the near future.
- TMG is also used in electronic and metal industries. It is used in production of LED lightning and semiconductors that function as a metalorganic chemical vapor deposition precursor. It is majorly used in the production of LED lights in the electronic industry. TMG is a preferred source of gallium used in semiconductors for optoelectronic applications.
Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global TMG market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Demand for TMG is likely to rise in Asia Pacific owing to the growth of the electronic industry. Governments of countries in Asia invest significantly in LED technologies. The Republic of Korea initiated a LED lightning program that aims to achieve 100% adoption rate for LED lightning in the public sector in the country. This has boosted the demand for TMG in Asia Pacific. North America and Europe are also expected to hold key share of the global TMG market in the near future due to rising demand for TMG in end-user industries in these regions.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market
- Demand for TMG is significantly high in electronic and metal industries. However, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the supply chain as well as availability of manpower due to the lockdowns in various countries. This has led to a decrease in the production of TMG. This coupled with low demand from end-users is hampering the global TMG market.
Key Players Operating in Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market
- Akzo Nobel Chemicals
- The Dow Chemical Company
- American Elements
- Azelis Electronics
- SAFC HiTech
Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market: Research Scope
Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market, by Grade
- 6N Grade TMG
- 6.5N Grade TMG
Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market, by End-user
Global Trimethylgallium (TMG) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.