Transient Protection Diodes: Introduction
- Transient protection diode is a semiconductor device that protects the electronic circuits from momentary spikes in voltage or current (transients).
- Diodes are the most common transient protection device used for low-voltage applications; they drop quickly at higher voltages. Diodes are used in applications requiring a threshold voltage from 0.5 to a few volts.
- Transient protection diodes offer additional advantages such as low surge resistance, availability of high current protection for 6KA to 10 KA, and voltage protection. The VI characteristics of transient protection diodes are identical to the Zener diodes.
- According to type, transient protection diodes are divided into two types: uni-polar transient, and bi-polar transient, and these are used in various applications such as automotive, industrial, power supplies, military & aerospace, telecommunications, computing, consumer electronics, microprocessors & MOS memory, and other sectors.
Rise in Demand from the Industrial Sector
- The industrial segment is the fastest growing segment of the transient protection diodes market.
- The rise in implementation of innovative technologies, rising count of data centers, servers, and communication systems with the rising use of electronic equipment, and rising count of vehicles and electrical machinery, which need transient protection diodes for protection of systems from spikes in voltages or currents, is projected to propel the growth of the transient protection diodes market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, a growing automotive (electric vehicle) and telecommunication sector which uses transient protection equipment also boosts the transient protection diodes market.
- Low energy handling and the cost involved are the major restraints affecting the growth of the transient protection diodes market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Transient Protection Diodes Market
- In terms of region, the global transient protection diodes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global transient protection diodes market throughout the forecast period, as the demand is continuously increasing from major Asian countries such as China, Japan, India, and Australia.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the transient protection diodes market during the forecast period due to a thriving electronics industry in the region, which increases the demand for transient protection diodes for various applications. The Asia Pacific semiconductors market is advanced by the strong demand from end-use industries such as telecommunication, computing, automotive, and power supplies, causing the market to become the largest in the world.
- The transient protection diodes market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Transient Protection Diodes Market
The global transient protection diodes market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for transient protection diodes. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global transient protection diodes market include:
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- Bourns Inc.
- ProTek Devices
- Solid State Manufacturing
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- Semtech Corporation
- Electronics Industry Public Company Limited
- Sensitron Semiconductor
- Continental Device India Ltd.
- ON Semiconductor
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Transient Protection Diodes Market, Request for a Sample
Global Transient Protection Diodes Market: Research Scope
Global Transient Protection Diodes Market, by Type
- Uni-polar Transient
- Bi-polar Transient
Global Transient Protection Diodes Market, by Applications
- Power Supplies
- Military / Aerospace
- Consumer Electronics
- Microprocessors & MOS memory
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.