Thyristor Module: Introduction
- Thyristor is a latch type semiconductor that turns on when a sustained current (holding current) reaches a set level. A thyristor module turns on by applying a pulse current to a gate current.
- The gate current must be reduced below holding current in order to turn off thyristor modules in a DC circuit, whereas in an AC circuit, the pulse current has to be applied to the gate current whenever it is positive to turn off the thyristor module
- Thyristor modules play an important role in power conversion applications. Thyristor modules are significantly used in electrical applications such as high voltage direct current (HVDC) systems for long distance power transmission and electric vehicles.
- Thyristor modules can be categorized as high power, medium power, and low power modules
- A thyristor module system is used in various applications such as motor drives, power, renewable, and consumer electronics among others
Rise in Demand for Thyristor Modules for Use in Power Industry
- Thyristor modules are largely used in the power industry to convert electrical energy from one form to another for various electrical applications
- A thyristor module easily and economically provides wide-range voltage control by employing an optimum combination of on-load tap-changer and saturable reactors. The thyristor rectifier systems ensure smooth stepless control from zero to the rated voltage by thyristor gate control.
- Thyristor modules play a vital role in power applications, owing to its capability of low statistical failure rate
- Moreover, manufacturers of thyristor modules are continually engaged in development of technologically advanced thyristor modules for various electrical uses. Thus, increasing focus to develop thyristor modules in the power industry is expected to bolster the growth of the market
- As a result of these factors, demand for thyristor modules for long-distance power transmission is growing, with increase in investment by various governments across the globe, which is expected to drive the global thyristor module market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Thyristor Module Market
- In terms of region, the global thyristor module market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global thyristor module market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of thyristor modules operate in the region
- Additionally, due to the growing opportunity, many well-established players from the Asia Pacific region are focusing on technology advancement in semiconductor products, which is expected to boost the thyristor module market in the region during the forecast period
- The thyristor module market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Thyristor Module Market
The global thyristor module market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for thyristor modules. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global thyristor module market are:
- Fairchild Semiconductor International
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- SEMIKRON International GmbH
- Toshiba Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Thyristor Module Market, Request for a Sample
Global Thyristor Module Market: Research Scope
Global Thyristor Module Market, by Product Type
- High Power
- Medium Power
- Low Power
Global Thyristor Module Market, by Application
- AC Motor Control
- DC Motor Control
- Consumer Electronics
- Static Switches
- Renewable Energy
Global Thyristor Module Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.