Thread Sealants Market: Sealants for Piping Applications
- Thread sealants are generally used to prevent the leakage of gases and liquids on metal pipes and joints. Thread sealants are anaerobic pipe sealant compounds and are available in semi-solid form.
- Typical end-user industries of thread sealants include chemical processing, petroleum refining, building & construction, pulp/paper, waste treatment, textiles, automotive, and marine
- Common applications of thread sealants include sealing of stainless steel fittings, head bolts, fuel fittings, oil & coolant lines, hydraulic line fittings, brake fittings, transmission fluid fittings, and air conditioning fittings
- Thread sealants are smooth, white colored paste-like compounds that control lubricity to assist assembly and torque tightening. Thread sealants cure rapidly and can withstand high pressure. These sealants cure when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces.
- Thread sealants prevent galling and protect mated threaded surfaces from rust and corrosion. Loctite, manufactured by Henkel, is a commonly available commercial thread sealant. The product has high viscosity and attractive lubricating property that prevents galling on stainless steel, aluminum, and all other metal pipe threads and fittings.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Thread Sealants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Piping Applications in Refining Industry
- Increase in investment in construction and expansion & upgrade of oil refineries are anticipated to fuel the demand for thread sealants market.
- Rise in oil & gas production requires additional investment in pipeline infrastructure. The pipelines range from domestic lines to transnational systems that deliver natural gas. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the demand for thread sealants in pipe applications in the oil & gas industry.
- Increase in offshore activity, rise in manufacture of deeper wells, and growth in usage of horizontal drilling technologies are likely to propel the thread sealants market
- India has invested US$ 7.5 Bn for the development of LNG terminals in the eastern part of the country. This has boosted the demand refinery pipes, and thereby that for thread sealants.
Automotive Applications to Offer Lucrative Opportunities for Thread Sealants Market
- Automobile applications of thread sealants are gaining wide popularity and are anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for thread sealants market in the near future
- Automobile applications of thread sealants include head bolts, oil PSI sending units, sensors, oil & coolant lines, fuel fittings, rear axle fill plugs, brakes, and power steering fittings
- Thread sealants can be used in a wide range of temperatures. This make them suitable for automotive applications.
- The LOCTITE Thread Sealant, manufactured by Henkel Adhesive Technologies is highly consumed for sealing metal tapered pipe threads and fittings in automotive applications
- Growth in applications in the DEF systems (Diesel Exhaust Fluid Technology) is likely to offer better opportunities for the thread sealants market. Dripstop 940, manufactured by Hernon Manufacturing Inc., is suitable for DEF systems. It can also be used in various other applications such as fuel line fittings, plated flare fittings, refinery piping, waste treatment plants, hydraulic line fittings, fluid connections, and pipe plugs.
Issues Associated with Curing of Thread Sealants
- Curing issues associated with thread sealants are likely to hamper the market. A generally used substance in the piping application, teflon tape can block the contact between the metal and the thread sealant. This makes it difficult for the sealant to cure and can result in leakage.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Thread Sealants Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Thread Sealants Market
- In terms of region, the global thread sealant market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for prominent share of the global thread sealants market in the near future owing to the rise in usage of these sealants in automotive and industrial applications
- Rapid growth in the building & construction industry is propelling the demand for thread sealants, since these sealants provide excellent bonding and joints over open areas
- Ongoing industrialization and urbanization in the Asia Pacific region; and rise in demand for high performing waterproof joints and bonding are further driving the demand for thread sealants market
- Increase in demand for thread sealants in automotive, oil refineries, power generation, chemical processing, and other manufacturing sectors is boosting the market in the Asia Pacific region
Key Players in Thread Sealants Market
The global thread sealants market is moderately concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for major share. Prominent players operating in the global thread sealant market seek to enter into partnerships for the development of thread sealant applications.
Key players operating in the wood truss market include:
- Henkel Ag & Company KGaA
- Hb Fuller Company
- 3M Company
- Deacon Industries, Inc
- La-Co Industries, Inc
- Hernon Manufacturing Inc
- Swagelok Company
- LASCO Fittings, Inc
- Spears Manufacturing Company
Global Thread Sealant Market: Research Scope
Global Thread Sealant Market, by Sealing Method
- Haste & Paste
- Sealing Cord
Global Thread Sealant Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Chemical Processing
- Petroleum Refining
- Pulp & Paper
- Waste Treatment
- Others (including Industrial)
Global Wood Truss Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.