Global Sugar Packaging Market: An Overview
Sugar packaging is done in a variety of formats, both in bulk and retail. There are a number of products available in the market for sugar packaging. The sugar packaging market is witnessing a tremendous shift in preference for flexible packaging formats. Manufacturers of sugar packaging are also incorporating technologies, such as QR codes. The advent of modern high quality printable packaging formats has led to the usage of sugar packaging not only for protection of sugar substances, but also as promotional tools. The global industry is characterized by intense competition due to the involvement of several packaging formats. Sugar is a commodity product and therefore, witnesses high rate of consumption. Manufacturers of sugar packaging solutions are expected to make persistent efforts to adopt sustainable packaging solutions. The outlook for growth of the global sugar packaging market is expected to be highly positive during the forecast period as flexible packaging solutions are moving towards market dominance.
Global Sugar Packaging Market: Dynamics
The concerned global industry is expected to grow on the backdrop of growth in the flexible packaging industry. The sugar packaging market will be largely influenced by the ongoing shift in preference towards sustainable packaging solutions. One of the key factors expected to provide an edge to the global market is customizability. Sugar packaging solutions are highly customizable and manufacturers differentiate their products through printed packaging solutions. Sugar packaging solutions are aimed at enhancing consumer appeal. In addition, bulk sugar packaging solutions are mostly used for B2B sales. Paper sacks are one of the most commonly used packaging formats for sugar packaging.
Global Sugar Packaging Market: Segmentation
The global market is segmented as follows -
On the basis of material type, the global market is segmented into –
On the basis of packaging type, the global market is segmented into –
- Custom Packaging
On the basis of end use packaging application, the global market is segmented into –
- Granulated sugar
- Caster sugar
- Pearl sugar
- Cane sugar
On the basis of end use, the global market is segmented into –
Global Sugar Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
The Asia Pacific is expected to be at the forefront of the global sugar packaging market in terms of market size and growth during the forecast period. Countries, such as India and China, are anticipated to remain the leading contributors to the growth of the Asia Pacific market. North America is expected to be a significant contributor to the growth of the global market, given the high super intake per day by an average American. The U.S. market is anticipated to account for the larger share of the North America sugar packaging market during 2018-2028. In terms of average sugar consumption per person per day, the United States ranks on top with an estimated 126.4 grams. The Europe market is expected to closely follow its North American counterpart, with countries, such as Germany, the Netherlands, the U.K., Belgium, and Finland, being in the list of top ten countries with highest sugar consumption.
Global Sugar Packaging Market: Key players
Some of the key participants operating in the global Sugar Packaging market are –
- Klabin S.A.
- Swiss Pack Pvt. Ltd.
- Packman Industries
- Berlin Packaging
- Mondi Group
- Bormioli Rocco Glass Co. Inc.
- United Bags, Inc.
- Bio-Pappel Titan
- Grupo Industrial Durango, S.A. de C.V.
- Trombini Embalagens S/A
- Billerudkorsnas AB
- Swedbag AB
Some of the key trends in the global sugar packaging market are –
- Increasing use of paper-based packaging solutions, such as sacks
- Growing preference towards flexible packaging solutions for retail sales
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.