Stretchable Micro-supercapacitors: Introduction
- A substitute to batteries, micro-supercapacitors (MSCs) are energy storage devices that can complement or replace lithium-ion batteries in wearable devices. Micro-supercapacitors have a small footprint, high power density, and the ability to charge and discharge quickly.
- According to studies, when stretchable micro-supercapacitors are fabricated for wearable devices, conventional micro-supercapacitors have a sandwich-like stacked geometry that exhibits poor flexibility, long ion diffusion distances, and a complex integration process when combined with wearable electronics.
- Stretchable micro-supercapacitors (MSCs) with high power density and small size have been intensively researched in recent years. However, to date, the stretchability of the overall device is still limited by the lack of a stretchable electrode material, which results in significant performance degradation, particularly in the highly stretched state.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
High Electrochemical Performance of Stretchable Micro-supercapacitors
- Researchers and manufacturers have recently found out a new method of designing stretchable micro-super capacitors capable of maintaining high electrochemical performance and these devices are approximately 200% stretchable.
- The electrode in these high performance supercapacitors are based on the bis (trifluoromethane) sulfonamide lithium salt and poly (vinyl alcohol). The resultant hydrogel is operated with a PVA/H2SO4 electrolyte to deliver an unprecedented level of combined performance such as a large areal capacitance of 44.5 mF cm−2, a power density of 0.04 mW cm−2 at an area energy density of 0.004 mW h cm−2, and excellent stretchability of 200% while retaining 93% of the original capacitance.
- Companies are delivering highly stable performance from these supercapacitors even under extensive stretching, showing a high 92% capacitance retention after 2000 cycles of 100%-strain stretching.
- Major players in the market are proposing architecture that is compatible with laser patterning, which enables rapid fabrication, and reflects a highly practical approach to realize high performance, mechanically robust micro energy storage devices.
High Voltage Output and Exceptional Mechanical Robustness to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Stretchable micro-scale power sources have enabled far-reaching advancements in wearable electronics that has ultimately stimulated development with high voltage output and exceptional integration.
- Stretchable supercapacitors are the semiconductor components available in the market with innovative technology for energy storage devices. These stretchable supercapacitors have high voltage output with excellent mechanical strength. The products are manufactured by companies and they are highly flexible, cyclable, and durable with integration of components.
- All these features of stretchable micro-supercapacitors are newly developed and integrated technologies that are expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global stretchable micro-supercapacitors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The stretchable micro-supercapacitors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to population increase, improving standards of living, and rise in development and expenditure on consumer electronics and wearable devices. Countries such as India and China are the leading textile exporters in the world. Thus, chip and stretchable micro-supercapacitor manufacturers across the region are expecting an increase in demand for stretchable electronic products.
- The stretchable micro-supercapacitors market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. The market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show slow growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global stretchable micro-supercapacitors market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansion to meet the growing demand for stretchable micro-supercapacitors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products and to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global stretchable micro-supercapacitors market include:
- Jinzhou Kaimei Power Co., Ltd.
- VINATech Co.,Ltd.
- Skeleton Technologies
- TDK Electronics
- JACOBI CARBONS GROUP
- ROHM CO., LTD.
Global Stretchable Micro-supercapacitors Market: Research Scope
Global Stretchable Micro-supercapacitors Market, by Application
- Wearable Technology
- Mobile Computing
- Health-monitoring Devices
Global Stretchable Micro-supercapacitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.