SPI NAND Flash: Introduction
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) NAND Flash provides a cost-effective, high density, and non-volatile memory storage solution for embedded systems, based on an industry-standard NAND Flash memory core
- SPI NAND Flash offers high-capacity storage and performance that are useful for multimedia data storage applications on mobile devices, set-top boxes, data cards, and TVs
- It needs a controller to manage functions such as detection and correction of errors in some memory locations, management of memory blocks with errors, and relocating locations with errors to new locations that are error-free. Consequently, built-in ECC (Error Correcting Code) has been designed that detects and corrects errors and provides good memory.
- SPI NAND Flash offers higher capacity storage solutions as compared to that offered by NOR flash memories. Serial NAND capacities are 1, 2, and 4 Gbit devices provided by vendors.
Increased Demand for SPI NAND Flash
- Flat screens TVs, printers, wearable devices, robots, and all embedded applications require large densities of SPI NAND flash
- Low-density NAND flash is utilized in applications in automotive, surveillance, machine-to-machine (M2M), IPC, automation, printers, and home networking sectors, while high-density NAND flash is extensively utilized in data-heavy applications such as tablets and USB drives
- SPI NAND flash memory is beneficial for use in computers, PDAs, digital audio players, digital cameras, mobile phones, synthesizers, video games, scientific instrumentation, industrial robotics, and electronics, which in turn fuels the demand for SPI NAND flash
- Numerous vendors of SPI NAND flash memory are seeking opportunity from embedded applications in new sectors such as automotive, industrial, medical, and Internet of Things (IoT). A large number of connected edge devices are used in each of these new sectors, which in turn is estimated to help improve crucial infrastructure in society.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global SPI NAND Flash Market
- Asia Pacific is leading the SPI NAND flash market due to a rise in the demand for consumer electronics and communication devices. Moreover, rising penetration of electronics in automotive sector and automation of industrial applications is estimated to further boost the market during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific holds a notable share of the global SPI NAND flash market. The region witnesses a significantly high demand from almost all the end-user applications, primarily for smartphones in numerous developing countries in the region, such as China, India, and Indonesia
- High activity is witnessed in semiconductor fabrication facilities in countries such as China, Korea, and Singapore. Furthermore, various competitors in the region are intensifying their efforts for expansion of embedded applications, which further boosts the global SPI NAND flash market.
Key Players Operating in Global SPI NAND Flash Market
- Toshiba Corp.
- ATO Solution
- Winbond Electronics Corporation
- Spansion, Inc.
- Micron Technology, Inc.
Global SPI NAND Flash Market: Research Scope
Global SPI NAND Flash Market, by Type
- Low Density
- High Density
Global SPI NAND Flash Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Internet Of Things
- Industrial Application
- Communication Application
Global SPI NAND Flash Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.