Solid-state Contactor Market: Introduction
- A solid-state contactor (SSC) is an electronic component that switches power (Alternating Current or Direct Current) to a load circuit and provides electrical isolation between an application's control circuit and load circuit
- Contactors are electrical devices used to turn electrical circuit on or off. They are considered as a special type of relay. However, the basic difference between relays and contactors is that contactors are utilized in higher current capacity applications, while relays are used in lower current applications.
- The contactor is compact in size and easy to install in the field mounted. In general, these electrical appliances have multiple contacts. These contacts are usually open in most cases, and when the contactor coil is energized, it powers the load. Contactors are most commonly used to control electric motors.
- There are various types of contactors, each with unique characteristics, functions, and applications. Contactors can cut off a large range of currents from a few amps to thousands of amps and voltages from 24 VDC to 1000 volts.
- These electrical devices are available in a variety of sizes, ranging from hand-held dimensions to sizes measuring a meter
- The contactor is extensively utilized is high-current loads. Contactors are known for their ability to handle currents greater than 5,000 amps and power higher than 100 kW. Heavy motor currents generate arcs when interrupted. These arcs can be reduced and controlled using contactors.
- It is a modest technology to Electromechanical Relays (EMRs) and other switching technologies such as Mercury Displacement Relays (MDRs).
- Solid-state contactors are used in several applications such as chillers, hydraulic systems, heaters, and sterilizers
- Features of solid-state contactor:
- Compact modular design complete with heat sink
- Panel or DIN Rail mountable
- Simple installation
- Available in single-phase, dual-phase, or three-phase versions
- Lighted status indication
- AC, DC, and analog control options
- Zero-cross switching
- Integrated varistor for surge protection
Rising Demand for Solid-state Contactor in Consumer Electronics Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global market can be segmented into consumer electronics, mining, chemicals, energy and utilities, semiconductor, oil and gas, automotive, industrial, and others
- The consumer electronics segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a rise in use of solid-state contactor in TVs, refrigerators, ACs, motors, microwave ovens, etc.
- It is also used in consumer electronics such as HVAC equipment and coffee vending machines for switching applications and providing protection against electrical surges
- Increasing usage of solid-state contactor for advance technology in high-tech electronics and automation in consumer electronics is further propelling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Solid-state Contactor Market
- In terms of region, the global solid-state contactor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The solid-state contactor market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to numerous applications of solid-state contractors in diverse industries such consumer electronics because of the increasing use of high-tech electronics devices among consumers. This, in turn, fuels the demand for innovative and advanced technology. This factor is projected to increase the demand for solid-state contactors.
- Increasing technological advances in consumer electronics to make devices user-friendly and improve their performance is estimated to further propel the segment
- The solid-state contactor market in Asia Pacific is also expected to expand due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Key Players operating in Global Solid-state Contactor Market
Major players operating in the global solid-state contactor market are focusing on technological advancement and expansions to cater to the rising demand for solid-state contactors. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of advanced technology products.
Key players operating in the global solid-state contactor market include:
- Fuji Electric FA Components & Systems Co., Ltd.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc
- SPRINGER CONTROLS COMPANY
- CARLO GAVAZZI
- Sensata Technologies, Inc
- Celduc Relais
- E. Dold & Söhne GmbH & Co. KG.
- GREEGOO Electric Co, Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Global Solid-state Contactor Market: Research Scope
Global Solid-state Contactor Market, by Type
- PCB Mounting
- DIN Rail Mounting
- Others (Panel-mount, Surface-mount)
Global Solid-state Contactor Market, by Application
- Hydraulic systems
- Sliding Door
- Others (Lighting, Auto motor etc.)
Global Solid-state Contactor Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronic
- Food and Beverage
- Energy and Utilities
- Others (Automotive, Oil and gas etc.)
Global Solid-state Contactor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.