Solar Metal Roof Market: Introduction
- Solar metal roofs help build integrated photovoltaic construction elements that replace conventional roofing and facade materials
- Solar metal roof is primarily used in the building & construction industry. It is widely utilized in residential complexes and non-residential buildings such as hotels, office buildings, educational buildings, industrial warehouses, and storage buildings. Rise in number of government housing schemes and increase in urbanization are estimated to boost the solar metal roof market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Solar Metal Roof Market report
Key Drivers of Global Solar Metal Roof Market
- The roofing industry is projected to expand substantially in emerging economies during the forecast period due to rise in government support in the form of subsidies and tax benefits for construction activities. This is expected to boost the solar metal roof market in these countries.
- Governments in developing and developed economies are encouraging citizens to replace their existing roofs with energy-efficient ones. This is anticipated to boost the demand for cool roofs. For instance, homeowners who have invested in energy-efficient roofing systems can avail tax credits. Tax credits include ENERGY STAR qualified metal roofs and other types of certified solar metal roof that reflect the rays of the sun to reduce roof temperatures and air conditioning costs. These factors are estimated to drive the solar metal roof market across the globe.
Industrial Application Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on application, industrial was a highly attractive segment of the global solar metal roof market in 2019. Demand for environmentally-friendly products has been rising in the world since the last few years. Most commercial complexes such as educational buildings have started adopting the solar metal roof technology to lower their energy consumption. Over the last two years, innovations in the renewable energy sector have enabled the development of sustainable and customized coating solutions. This has boosted the global solar metal roof market.
Less Awareness among Consumers Likely to Hamper Market
- Currently, solar metal roof is a green technology; however, it is not a new concept. In the 1980s, a research was conducted by the Departments of Energy in California and Tennessee to analyze ‘solar radiation control coatings’ on rooftops. It was found that energy costs decreased when these roofs were used.
- Solar metal roof is an emerging technology used for temperature control of buildings. Solar metal roof prevents heat absorption by reflecting the sun’s heat and emitting its radiation back into the atmosphere. This results in comfortable and controlled indoor environment.
- Low awareness about solar metal roof among customers is adversely affecting the market. However, new projects have been initiated by various governments to promote the use of solar metal roof. For instance, in 2017 and 2018, cities such as Ahmedabad and Hyderabad in India, initiated pilot cool roof programs. These programs included awareness campaigns, pilot initiatives targeting 3,000 roofs, and application of cool roof techniques in government buildings and schools.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Solar Metal Roof Market
- In terms of value and volume, North America accounted for prominent share of the global solar metal roof market in 2019. North America is projected to be a highly lucrative region of the global solar metal roof market during the forecast period, due to increase in the usage of eco-friendly products in the region.
- Asia Pacific is also anticipated to be an attractive region of the global market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in investments to lower energy consumption by various governments in the region.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America held minimal share of the global market in 2019. These regions are estimated to maintain their market share by the end of the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Solar Metal Roof Market
Key Players in Global Solar Metal Roof Market
Various players operate in the global solar metal roof market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to new product developments by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe in order to capitalize on untapped potential in Asia Pacific and Africa. Key players operating in the global solar metal roof market are:
- Tata Power Solar Systems
- SMA Solar Technology AG
- Trina Solar
- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited
- Canadian Solar Inc.
- Jinko Solar
- SolarWorld AG
- SunPower Corporation
- Shunfeng International Clean Energy Limited
- Delta Energy Systems
- JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd.
- ABB Ltd
Global Solar Metal Roof Market: Research Scope
Global Solar Metal Roof Market, by Capacity
- >10 Kw
- 11Kw-100 Kw
- <100 Kw
Global Solar Metal Roof Market, by Connectivity
Global Solar Metal Roof Market, by Application
Global Solar Metal Roof Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.