Silicon EPI Wafers Market: Introduction
- Silicon EPI wafers were first developed in 1966 and gained commercial acceptance in the 1980s.
- Silicon EPI wafer is an exotic semiconducting material. It is combined with an epitaxial layer that is a deposition of a crystalline layer over a crystalline-based semiconductor substrate, called silicon EPI wafer. These wafers are used as a high purity layer and for the formation of thick dopes.
- Silicon EPI wafers (also called epitaxial wafers) is a wafer of semiconductor material made up of epitaxy, for use in photonics, microelectronics, spintronics, and photovoltaics.
Rise in Demand from Integrated Circuits, Sensors, in Consumer Electronics, and Automotive and Telecommunication Industry
- Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, and rising demand for electronic devices including laptops, tablets, gaming consoles, and smartphones, are leading to a thriving electronics and semiconductor industry. Advantageous properties of semiconductors are the prime growth drivers of the silicon EPI wafers market.
- Use of LED lighting across residential, commercial, and industrial sectors globally is also driving the growth of the silicon EPI wafers market.
- Silicon EPI wafers are used in the manufacturing of various semiconductor components. They are the building blocks for different semiconductors which are used in the smallest sensors in light bulbs to the most advanced space shuttle.
- The market holds high potential in electronics and IT & telecommunication industries. Thus, increase in adoption of advance wafer technology in portable electronics is expected to trigger the demand for silicon EPI wafers in the future.
- Demand for semiconductors of silicon EPI wafers has increased in recent years due to their high efficiency, light weight, and less space consumption. They are widely use in microprocessors and wearable technologies.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Silicon EPI Wafers Market
- In terms of region, the global silicon EPI wafers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
- Asia Pacific has the largest market share owing to high demand for LEDs, as they offer better brightness, efficiency, and intensity.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness fastest growth in the global silicon EPI wafers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers operate in the region, especially in China.
- Furthermore, the global silicon EPI wafers market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in South America is predicted to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Silicon EPI Wafers Market
- Epiworks Inc.
- Global Wafers Japan Co. Pvt Ltd
- Nichia Corporation
- Siltronics AG
- Silicon Valley Microelectronics Inc.
- Xiamen Powerway Advanced Material Co. Ltd
- Visual Photonics Epitaxy Co. Ltd
- Wafer Work
- American Elements
Global Silicon EPI Wafers Market: Research Scope
Global Silicon EPI Wafers Market, by Wafer Size
Global Silicon EPI Wafers Market, by Type
Global Silicon EPI Wafers Market, by Application
- Power Semiconductors
- MEMS-based Devices
- Laptops and Tablets
Global Silicon EPI Wafers Market, by Region
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- North America
- United States
- Rest of North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.