Shipboard Monitoring Systems: Introduction
- A shipboard monitoring system is used to track and monitor various operations such as harbor monitoring, facility monitoring, and illegal trafficking
- A shipboard monitoring system consists of a chassis and units. The chassis is made of cast aluminum and it is compact and sleek in design. The units are either desk mounted or console integrated. These systems are largely used in commercial and naval ships.
- The cost of marine fuel has increased significantly over the last few years, due to which efficient operation of shipboard machinery has become highly important for merchants
- In order to make marine operations cost efficient, several manufacturers and distributors of shipboard monitoring and automation equipment are focusing on the development of technologically advanced products
- A shipboard monitoring system has several components such as an imaging apparatus, signal processor, display, and controller
Rise in Demand for Shipboard Monitoring Systems for Use in Harbor Monitoring
- Shipboard monitoring systems are largely used in marine applications, such as harbor monitoring, facility monitoring, and illegal trafficking, which is considered a major factor driving the market
- Shipboard monitoring systems are employed in commercial and naval ships to keep a track of the surroundings with the help of integrated console and automated equipment. The alarm system installed in the shipboard monitoring system rings when any suspicious activity is detected on the port.
- Several manufacturers are focusing on the development of technologically advanced products, such as digital analyzers, wherein the microprocessor technology is employed for continuous protection of the port and, in case of emergency, the alarm is triggered
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for shipboard monitoring systems for use in harbor monitoring applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global shipboard monitoring system market during the forecast period.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
North America to Lead Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market
- In terms of region, the global shipboard monitoring system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global shipboard monitoring system market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of shipboard monitoring systems operate in the region
- The shipboard monitoring system market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market
The global shipboard monitoring system market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for shipboard monitoring systems. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global shipboard monitoring system market are:
- AST Group
- CMR Group
- Cummins Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co.
- Kongsberg Grumman
- Northrop Grumman
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market: Research Scope
Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market, by Ship Type
Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market, by Range
- Short Range
- Medium Range
- Long Range
Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market, by Component
- Imaging Apparatus
- Signal Processor
Global Shipboard Monitoring System Market, by Application
- Harbor Monitoring
- Facility Monitoring
- Illegal Trafficking
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.