Global Shelf Life Extension Ingredients Market: Overview
The shelf life of any food or beverage is the amount of time it takes to degrade to a non-palatable state. Food has various components that make it prone to biodegradation by microbes in the air or even by oxidation. This makes a food item unfit to eat given the health risks this can have, besides the offensive smell and taste.
Shelf life extension ingredients slow down this process of food degradation and enable longer storage of food items. They are both chemical and organic in origin. Food packaging has picked up pace in recent times to cater to the tastes of an increasingly affluent population, which is also living a hectic and super-occupied life. These ingredients thus help keep food logistics decongested and improve consumer confidence over the stability of food items, as per Transparency Market Research. It further notes that from the year 2020 to 2030, growth opportunities for players would emerge in the shelf life extension ingredients market.
Global Shelf Life Extension Ingredients Market: Notable Developments
The players operating in the global shelf life extension ingredients market are looking to expand operations by acquiring smaller production facilities and investing in innovations to ensure availability of varied additives to add to food items. Some notable developments in this regard are:
In January 2019, Kemin, a global nutritional ingredient company launched NaturCEASE™ Dry, which is a combination of natural plant extracts and vinegar to preserve processed meat products. This is leading to higher competition and to a consolidated market position for Kemin.
In the same year, researchers from US based Penn State University studied a class of compounds called Alkylresorcinils in grain plants such as barley, rye and wheat. These compounds are antioxidant and antimicrobial in nature, preventing bacterial and mold growth on food.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Shelf Life Extension Ingredients Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- The food packaging industry grew steadily over the last few years. An increased demand for this service comes from a fast paced population that needs food on the go. As more and more people are employed in the industrial workforce, it has become challenging to cook and cater for oneself. This is creating demand for foods with a notable shelf-life.
- Frozen foods are quickly reheated and ingested to save on precious time. These foods are built to last long and gain instant freshness on cooking by adding shelf life extension ingredients. The global frozen food market is projected to grow at a notable rate over the next few years. A major part of this market is the frozen fruits segment, which enables tropical countries to export exotic fruits to developed nations. This has been made possible by the use of shelf life increasing agents that enable long term shipping around the globe.
- A hindrance to the growth of this market could be the increasing legislation against adding chemical substances to food by various governments, an example being a 2019 publication by the European Court of Auditors to ensure food safety by limiting chemical additives. This restraint could be overcome by the advent of natural ingredients that expand shelf life.
Global Shelf Life Extension Ingredients Market: Regional Analysis
North America and Europe are estimated to be global leaders in the shelf life extension ingredients market in the future. An increasingly affluent population which likes to taste new food items will lead to this growth.
The Asia Pacific region (APAC) is expected to register the fastest growth rate in this market owing to a robust food packaging and export industry. As stated, exotic foods are finding demand in developed regions of the world. This is set to give impetus to regional players here to use additives to increase longevity of food items for transport.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global shelf life extension ingredients market, ask for a customized report here
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.