In the recent years, there is a massive market growth in fruit & its processing industries due to increased organic demand among the people. Especially there is huge demand & interests for tropical & sub-tropical fruits as it consists of more antioxidants & medicinal values. Guanabana is one such tropical fruit, commonly known as Soursop because of its slightly acidic taste. It is an evergreen plant which is native to tropical regions of North & Latin America, however, Guanabana is now widely consumed around the world. Guanabana is adaptable to regions with high humidity and relatively warm winters, accounting for its high production. Generally, Guanabana is consumed as a fresh pulp or fruit extracts & desserts further it is commercially used to prepare juice, candy, tea, oil, sorbet and ice cream all over the world. Guanabana is widely known for its cytotoxic nature due to the presence of an active compound called as ‘acetogenin' which helps in reducing the growth of cancer cells. As Guanabana leaves are rich in vitamin A & vitamin C it is highly utilized in Cosmetic & personal care. Due to increased production of Guanabana in organic farms of Brazil, Columbia, Bolivia & Mexico, there is an emerging market growth in its value-added products.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Organic fruits, especially tropical fruits have uprising market globally. Guanabana is not only taken as fruit pulp & juices but also as fruit powder, smoothie, mousse, ice cream, non-fat yogurt. As per consumer’s need the extracts of Guanabana is also combined with other tropical fruits extracts such as mango, lychee pineapple and marketed over the world. In rural areas of North & Latin America, the Guanabana leaf extracts are used for its anti-parasitic action. In regions of Africa & Asia, the oil from Guanabana is extracted & used to treat fever, chills, and insomnia, rheumatism & skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, which expanded its local production over those regions. Recently Guanabana is introduced to Southeast Asia & Australia including China, Srilanka, East & south of India, Indonesia where it got a remarkable response from consumers which is anticipated to its market growth overall. Guanabana is also consumed as a capsule for dietary supplements that promote strong immune system & healthy regeneration in Middle East & United States. Various farmers, entrepreneurs, food processors, organic gardeners, distributors show a keen interest in Guanaba creating surplus products from Guanabana. It is forecasted to be expanding its market globally in future.
Global Guanabana: Market segmentation
On the basis of end-use, the global Guanabana market has been segmented as-
- Cosmetics & personal care
- Dietary supplements
On the basis of form, the global Guanabana market has been segmented as-
- Fruit (as a whole)
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global Guanabana market has been segmented as-
- Food Processors
- Food services
- Specialty Stores
- Food & Drinks Health Stores
- Independent Small Grocery
- Herbal stores
- Online Retail
On the basis of nature, the global Guanabana has been segmented as-
Global Guanabana: Key players
Some of the driving key players of Guanabana includes Welch’s, Herbal Graviola, Jumex, Evergreen Herbs Ltd., Natural Rem-D, Lala foods, Sunshine Naturals, Royal Life Essentials Inc, Rainforest Chica, Foco pure. drinks, Guanabana Icepops.Furthermore, entrepreneurs are investing in guanabana to include them in daily diet due to great demand appraisal.
Opportunities for market participants:
Along with the medicinal values & therapeutically uses Guanabana has got tempting sweet & sour taste which attracts the consumers globally. Already, Guanabana has been used in various food products such as Juice, leaf extracts, Muffins, Custard, yogurt, ice creams and has got huge market demands by consumers everywhere. So, there would be greater market returns on investing in Guanabana in the forecasted period.
Global Guanabana market: Regional outlook
In terms of consumption, Guanabana is highly consumed in Latin America as raw pulp, fresh blend juice & Cosmetic oils followed by North America where it is consumed as Desserts, Dietary supplements & Organic tea. It keeps augmenting in regions of Africa & Asia as organic fruit, smoothie & liquid extracts. It can be said that the product type & product distribution of Guanabana is growing in accordance with the demand of consumers.
Brief Approach to Research
The company will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the guanabana market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the guanabana market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the guanabana market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major guanabana market participants
- Analysis of guanabana supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the guanabana market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the guanabana market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.