Sclerotherapy Needles Market: Overview
- Sclerotherapy is a medical procedure used to eliminate varicose and spider veins. It involves an injection of a solution directly into the vein. Sclerotherapy needles are used to inject fluid into the submucosal space to elevate the lesion away from the underlying muscularis propria and create a less flat target for resection.
- Sclerotherapy requires consultation with a doctor to assess the problematic vein or lymph vessel. Sclerotherapy for spider veins is usually performed in the office of a dermatologist or vein specialist. Research suggests that it effectively removes spider veins in 75% TO 90% cases; however, it requires multiple sessions. The most common negative reactions to sclerotherapy include bruising, redness, and pain near the injected vein.
- The global sclerotherapy needles market is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth of the market is attributed to rise in prevalence of spinal problems, growing number of cosmetic surgeries, increase in dermatological testing using sclerotherapy needles by physicians, low cost of tests, and surge in awareness about complications of sclerotherapy needles.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Sclerotherapy Needles Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market
- The global sclerotherapy needles market is expected to be driven by rise in prevalence of spinal stenosis or spondylolisthesis and neurological disorders, increase in geriatric population suffering from vertebrae displacement, and surge in applications of spinal needles in different spine surgeries
- Moreover, increase in the number of patients suffering from neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, rise in awareness about spinal diseases, surge in health care expenditure of people, average cost of treatment of sclerotherapy, and rise in government support for R&D activities are also likely to propel the global sclerotherapy needles market during forecast period.
- According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the average cost of a single sclerotherapy procedure in 2017 was US$ 369. The overall cost depends on the size and number of veins treated.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in the geriatric patient population suffering from vertebrae displacement and spinal stenosis or spondylolisthesis, surge in the number of spinal surgeries, rise in prevalence of different neurological diseases, and increase in awareness among the people are expected to augment the market in the region.
- Favorable reimbursement policies for sclerotherapy treatment, rise in the number of clinics for sclerotherapy procedure, and increase in approvals for surgical procedures by surgeons present significant opportunities for players operating in the sclerotherapy needles market in North America
- Increase in the number of visits by diabetic patients to hospitals & clinics and focus of new players to enter into partnerships with laboratories are projected to propel the market in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Sclerotherapy Needles Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market
Major players in the global sclerotherapy needles market are:
- TeleMed Systems, Inc.
- CONMED Corporation
- Cook Medical
- Medline Industries, Inc.
Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market: Research Scope
Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market, by Type
Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market, by Application
- Malformed Lymph Vessels
Global Sclerotherapy Needles Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Units
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.