RF Shielded Test Enclosures: Introduction
- RF shielded test enclosures, also called RF shielded test boxes, are used for testing of RF and microwave devices in an isolated test environment, which lacks interference of other devices as well as the external environment
- These test boxes are used in isolation from unintended electromagnetic interference in noisy surroundings. In order to check whether a device is functioning up to the mark in an isolated environment, these boxes are used by equipment manufacturers.
- Shielding is typically used in enclosures in order to isolate the electric devices inside them from external influences and for cables in order to isolate wires from the environment through which the cable runs
- Previously, the above-mentioned process was being performed in anechoic chambers. These chambers are large rooms, which are highly expensive. Shielded test chambers are compact boxes, which can be placed on a table in a test lab.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
- New advancements in materials used for manufacture of RF shielded test enclosures, such as shield metalwork (or metallization), are offering a low-inductance RF ground reference. This a key factor driving the global RF shielded test enclosures market.
- Manufacturers are designing RF shielded test enclosures with compact size, which are large enough for system tests. The material used in these RF shielded test enclosures is rugged welded aluminum.
- Manufacturers are focusing on making these boxes with high effectiveness in terms of RF shielding so that operations can be smooth and trouble free throughout their life. Moreover, new and advanced RF shielded test enclosures are available with a wide variety of connector options.
- During the production process, wireless devices often need to be activated without any external interference for quality and process control checks. In order to insure that radio frequency signals are solely from the individual unit being tested, the RF isolation is required on assembly lines or in test areas.
Semiconductor & Electronics Segment to Lead Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
- Use of electronic devices is increasing, so is the exposure to a wide range of frequencies. Radiation and immunity need to be taken into account in early stages of the development of new products.
- Usage of RF shielded test enclosures is the most rapid method to prevent electromagnetic interference and comply with legal requirements issued by bodies such as CE or FCC. Hence, these enclosures are required in the semiconductor & electronics industry.
- RF shielded test enclosures can be used for appliances with high radiation or sensitivity levels or for products wherein these levels are not known in advance, for example, modular enclosures. Shielding are used while dealing with sensitive measurements that can be affected by ambient fields.
- Thus, the RF shielded test enclosures market is consistently expanding, especially in China, South Korea, and parts of North America, where manufacturers of semiconductor and electronics products are numerous
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Galvanic Corrosion and Openings in RF Shielded Test Enclosures to Hamper Market
- Manufacturers use the conductive layer on the outside of the gasket, which is in the same galvanic range as that of the construction material in order to prevent galvanic corrosion, which weakens the electric conduction within the structure. This decreases the shielding performance.
- It is important to prevent gaps in the enclosure, especially at frequencies above 5 kHz. High frequencies ranging between 100 MHz and 40 GHz are very sensitive if there is even a small gap in the enclosure.
- The higher the frequency, the more attention is to be paid to prevent holes and gaps in the shield. These factors are projected to hinder the global RF shielded test enclosures market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
- The global RF shielded test enclosures market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia is a significant market for RF shielded test enclosures due to presence of several key market players in the region.
- Substantial investments in research and development by various end-user industries in North America are anticipated to drive the RF shielded test enclosures market in the region
- Manufacturers based in North America and Europe are introducing advanced features in the manufacture and operating of RF shielded test enclosures
Key Players Operating in Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
Key players operating in the global RF shielded test enclosures market are:
- AWT Global
- Azimuth Systems
- JRE Test
- LBA Group
- Ramsey Electronics
- RF Electronics
- Rohde & Schwarz
- ARF Test
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market: Research Scope
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by Opening Type
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by Application
- Automotive Multimedia Test
- Mobile Telephone Test
- Base Station Transceiver Test
- Cellular Network Test
- Wireless Semiconductor Test
- WLAN/Bluetooth/ZigBee/WiMax Device Test
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.