RF Shielded Test Enclosures: Introduction
- RF shielded test enclosures, also called RF shielded test boxes, are used for testing of RF and microwave devices in an isolated test environment, which lacks interference of other devices as well as the external environment
- These test boxes are used in isolation from unintended electromagnetic interference in noisy surroundings. In order to check whether a device is functioning up to the mark in an isolated environment, these boxes are used by equipment manufacturers.
- Shielding is typically used in enclosures in order to isolate the electric devices inside them from external influences and for cables in order to isolate wires from the environment through which the cable runs
- Previously, the above-mentioned process was being performed in anechoic chambers. These chambers are large rooms, which are highly expensive. Shielded test chambers are compact boxes, which can be placed on a table in a test lab.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
- New advancements in materials used for manufacture of RF shielded test enclosures, such as shield metalwork (or metallization), are offering a low-inductance RF ground reference. This a key factor driving the global RF shielded test enclosures market.
- Manufacturers are designing RF shielded test enclosures with compact size, which are large enough for system tests. The material used in these RF shielded test enclosures is rugged welded aluminum.
- Manufacturers are focusing on making these boxes with high effectiveness in terms of RF shielding so that operations can be smooth and trouble free throughout their life. Moreover, new and advanced RF shielded test enclosures are available with a wide variety of connector options.
- During the production process, wireless devices often need to be activated without any external interference for quality and process control checks. In order to insure that radio frequency signals are solely from the individual unit being tested, the RF isolation is required on assembly lines or in test areas.
Semiconductor & Electronics Segment to Lead Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
- Use of electronic devices is increasing, so is the exposure to a wide range of frequencies. Radiation and immunity need to be taken into account in early stages of the development of new products.
- Usage of RF shielded test enclosures is the most rapid method to prevent electromagnetic interference and comply with legal requirements issued by bodies such as CE or FCC. Hence, these enclosures are required in the semiconductor & electronics industry.
- RF shielded test enclosures can be used for appliances with high radiation or sensitivity levels or for products wherein these levels are not known in advance, for example, modular enclosures. Shielding are used while dealing with sensitive measurements that can be affected by ambient fields.
- Thus, the RF shielded test enclosures market is consistently expanding, especially in China, South Korea, and parts of North America, where manufacturers of semiconductor and electronics products are numerous
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Galvanic Corrosion and Openings in RF Shielded Test Enclosures to Hamper Market
- Manufacturers use the conductive layer on the outside of the gasket, which is in the same galvanic range as that of the construction material in order to prevent galvanic corrosion, which weakens the electric conduction within the structure. This decreases the shielding performance.
- It is important to prevent gaps in the enclosure, especially at frequencies above 5 kHz. High frequencies ranging between 100 MHz and 40 GHz are very sensitive if there is even a small gap in the enclosure.
- The higher the frequency, the more attention is to be paid to prevent holes and gaps in the shield. These factors are projected to hinder the global RF shielded test enclosures market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
- The global RF shielded test enclosures market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia is a significant market for RF shielded test enclosures due to presence of several key market players in the region.
- Substantial investments in research and development by various end-user industries in North America are anticipated to drive the RF shielded test enclosures market in the region
- Manufacturers based in North America and Europe are introducing advanced features in the manufacture and operating of RF shielded test enclosures
Key Players Operating in Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market
Key players operating in the global RF shielded test enclosures market are:
- AWT Global
- Azimuth Systems
- JRE Test
- LBA Group
- Ramsey Electronics
- RF Electronics
- Rohde & Schwarz
- ARF Test
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market: Research Scope
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by Opening Type
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by Application
- Automotive Multimedia Test
- Mobile Telephone Test
- Base Station Transceiver Test
- Cellular Network Test
- Wireless Semiconductor Test
- WLAN/Bluetooth/ZigBee/WiMax Device Test
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Global RF Shielded Test Enclosures Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.