RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market: Introduction
- Radio frequency (abbreviated as RF) oscillator is an electronic oscillator that produces signals in the range of approximately 100 kHz to 100 GHz. An electronic oscillator can be defined as an electronic circuit that produces an electronic signal that vibrates periodically.
- RF oscillators produced signals are often sine waves or square waves. A radio frequency oscillator is used to convert direct current (DC) from a power source into an alternating current (AC) signal.
- Crystal oscillators are used in digital ICs to provide constant clock signals and in special applications that need high frequencies
- The RF oscillator is the second most power-consuming block of wireless devices (after the power amplifier). As a result, the reduced power of the RF oscillator has a significant benefit to the overall power efficiency of the cellular transceiver. In addition, the purity of the RF oscillator limits the performance of the transceiver.
- Crystal oscillators have many industrial applications that are widely used in computers, equipment, marine and telecommunications, digital systems, sensors, phase-lock loop systems, modems, and even disk drives
- They are also used in engine controlling, stereo system, computer, clock, and in GPS systems
- Crystal oscillators are used in various consumer goods applications. For instance, cable television systems, personal computers, video cameras, toys and video games, radio systems, and cellular phones.
- Crystals are natural, thin, or synthetic piezoelectric crystals made of silicon dioxide that have been cut and polished to the correct thickness to vibrate when energized at a specific frequency.
- There are several ways to generate such a signal, each with different characteristics that affect the cost of the project, the size of the board, and the stability of the clock signal.
- Crystal oscillators have low phase noise due to their stable output signal. The low frequency crystal oscillator can be used as a reference source for phase-locked loops.
- A high-frequency oscillator can be phase locked to a low frequency, stable crystal oscillator or crystal-controlled oscillator to achieve good phase noise and frequency stability.
- The crystal oscillator is made of a piezoelectric crystal, usually quartz, with both faces plated with electrodes. If a voltage is applied between the electrodes, mechanical forces will be applied on the bound charges within the crystal, and an electromechanical system is made that will vibrate at a resonant frequency.
- The advantages of a crystal oscillator are:
- Stability. Stability is one of the most key requirements of any oscillator.
- High Q. The quality factor describes how 'underdamped' oscillators are.
- Frequency Customization and Range.
- Low Phase Noise
- Compact and Inexpensive
Rising demand for RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators in Information Technology & Telecommunication Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be divided into Information technology and telecommunication, medical, industrial, automotive, transportation, and others
- In terms of end-use industry, the information technology and telecommunication segment of the RF and microwave crystal oscillators market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in usage of RF and microwave oscillators for satellite communication systems and wireless and wireline infrastructure applications.
- Moreover, increased application of RF and microwave oscillators in macro cell base stations, small cell base stations, satellite communication systems, back-haul communication applications, and wireless and wireline infrastructure has fueled the Information technology and telecommunication segment
- Demand for RF and microwave crystal oscillators is considerably high in various applications such as cordless vacuum cleaner, robotic vacuum, 5G, Industrial IoT, smart IoT air purifiers, and smart coffee machine applications
- Rising adoption of RF and microwave crystal oscillators for cloud connectivity and embedded artificial intelligence is further propelling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market
- In terms of region, the RF and microwave crystal oscillators market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The RF and microwave crystal oscillators market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to increased application of RF and microwave oscillators in the Information technology and telecommunication industry. Thus, new technological advances are expected to increase the demand for RF and microwave crystal oscillators.
- The RF and microwave crystal oscillators market in Asia Pacific is expected to show high growth due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Europe and North America is likely to expand at a consistent pace during the forecast period because of less competition in the market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market
The global market is expanding because a large number of manufacturers are present, and witnessing a high demand for RF and microwave crystal oscillators due to the rising demand for electronic devices. Rise in demand for RF and microwave crystal oscillators in the information technology and telecommunication industry is prompting manufacturers of RF and microwave crystal oscillators to invest in research and development of technologically advanced RF and microwave crystal oscillators.
Key players operating in the global RF and microwave crystal oscillators market include:
- Abracon LLC
- Crescent Frequency Products Inc
- CTS Valpey Corporation
- Dynamic Engineers Inc
- Ecliptek LLC
- Fox Electronics
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- KVG Quartz Crystal Technology GmbH
- MtronPTI, Inc.
- Rakon Limited
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc
- Microsemi Corporation
Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market: Research Scope
Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market, by Type
- 0 to 3 V
- 3 to 5 V
- Greater than 5 V
Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market, by Application
- LED lighting
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
- Missile control communications
- Ultrasonic Imaging
- Test and Measurement equipment
- Satellite communication systems
- Commercial Vehicle
- Others (Intra-vascular ultrasonic imaging, industrial inkjet printer, etc.)
Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace and defense
- IT & Telecommunication
- Others (Transportation, Aerospace etc.)
Global RF and Microwave Crystal Oscillators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.