Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market: Introduction
- HbA1c (hemoglobin A1c) is made from the non-enzymatic glycation of free amino groups at the N-terminus of the β-chain of hemoglobin A. The level of hemoglobin A1c in the blood is proportional to the level of glucose. Measurement of hemoglobin A1c in the blood provides an indication of the mean daily blood glucose concentration over the period of two months.
- Therefore, measurement of hemoglobin A1c is considered a significant diagnostic tool in the therapeutic regimes and monitoring of dietary control during the treatment of diabetes
- Control of blood glucose level is necessary in the prevention of hyperglycemia and ketosis, and could reduce the severity and prevalence of late diabetic complications such as nephropathy, retinopathy, neuropathy, and cardiac disease
- Portable or point-of-care analyzers are used to measure glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c). These analyzers are specifically designed to meet the needs of diabetes laboratories and clinics in settings that demand ease-of-use and low cost of operation.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market
- Rise in prevalence and incidence of diabetes and diabetes-related conditions is projected to drive the portable HbA1c analyzers market during the forecast period
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, about 463 million adults (aged 20 to 9) were suffering from diabetes in 2019 and the number is anticipated to increase to 700 million by 2045. Population living with type 2 diabetes is increasing in most countries. About 79% of adults suffering from diabetes were living in middle-income and low-income countries.
- Additionally, rise in excessive alcohol consumption, unhealthy diet, less physical activity, smoking, and stress has increased the incidence of various neurovascular diseases such as cerebral aneurysms. These factors are expected to drive the portable HbA1c analyzers market during the forecast period.
- Additionally, increase in technological advancements such as analyzers integrated with USB connectivity and HbA1c analyzers with large storage capacity is likely to drive the global portable HbA1c analyzers market during the forecast period
Boronate Affinity Technology Segment to Grow at Faster Pace
- Based on product type, the global portable HbA1c analyzers market can be divided into high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), ion exchange chromatography, and boronate affinity technology
- The boronate affinity technology segment is projected to grow at a faster pace from 2019 to 2027
- New product launches with boronate affinity technology is anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period. For instance, EKF Diagnostics’ Quo-Lab HbA1c is a semi-automated desktop point-of-care analyzer, which can store over 7,000 results that can be downloaded as text files to a personal computer (PC) via the integrated USB interface.
Hospitals Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global portable HbA1c analyzers market can be classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, diagnostic centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for major share of the global portable HbA1c analyzers market by 2027
- The segment’s dominance can be attributed to increase in the usage of portable HbA1c analyzers in emergency care units in hospitals for monitoring HbA1c levels
North America to Dominate Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market
- In terms of region, the global portable HbA1c analyzers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global portable HbA1c analyzers market during the forecast period.
- Rise in the number of people living with diabetes in countries such as the U.S. is likely to drive the portable HbA1c analyzers market in the region during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market
The global portable HbA1c analyzers market is consolidated, with the presence of few international players accounting for major share of the global market. Key players operating in the global portable HbA1c analyzers market are:
- EKF Diagnostics
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- ARKRAY, Inc.
- i-SENS, Inc.
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Trinity Biotech
Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market: Research Scope
Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market, by Product Type
- High-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Boronate Affinity Technology
Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Portable HbA1c Analyzers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis