Polyamide 6 Films Market: An Overview
Packaging plays a vital role in extending the resilience and shelf life of contents. Polyamide 6 is a synthetic polymer which is more commonly known as Nylon - 6. When this polymer is drawn into films, its moisture barrier and stretching properties remain intact. The properties of polyamide 6 films are retained over an extensive range of temperatures. All these characteristics make polyamide 6 films the most appropriate choice for flexible film packaging of perishable food products like meat, sausage casings, cheese, coffee, sauces among others. To create films from polyamide 6 resin, it is combined with layers of polyethylene or polyethylene copolymers to form a multi-layer film, which acts as a seal against moisture. These films create a barrier which reduces the rate of oxygen migration into the package and prevent deterioration of the packaged content. Polyamide 6 films are used in the packaging of food & beverages as they help in retaining the aroma of the packaged food, ensures conservation of freshness along with extended shelf life. Furthermore, properties such as puncture resistance, strength and stiffness make these films suitable for electrical and electronics packaging applications. Polyamide 6 films offer printing on its surface for branding and printing product information. Polyamide 6 films can be printed or metalized without any special treatment.
Polyamide 6 Films Market: Dynamics
Polyamide 6 films market is expected to expand during the forecast period due to various factors. Growing demand for flexible and transparent packaging in the food & beverages industry and pharmaceuticals can be key drivers for the growth of global polyamide 6 films market. The shifted consumer preference towards smaller package sizes and increasing demand of high quality ready to eat meals might help in expanding the polyamide 6 films market. The polyamide 6 films can be sterilized and sterilization with hot steam ensures totally sterile packaging. This makes pharmaceutical companies more inclined towards polyamide 6 films market. Moreover, properties like high mechanical strength, stiffness, and toughness are expected to fuel the escalation of polyamide 6 films market globally, as these properties hold notable significance in industrial packaging. Their durability and toughness make them the ideal choice for heavy-duty industrial applications. Additionally, transparency improves product visibility and high gloss enhances visual appeal which attracts consumers. Multi layering, which is done to improve the properties of the films might hamper the escalating polyamide 6 films market as, the multi layered polyamide 6 films require a separate process of separation of different layers.
Polyamide 6 Films Market: Segmentation
On the basis of applications, polyamide 6 films market is segmented as-
- Pouches & bags
- Air cushions
- Decorative and protective films
On the basis of thickness, polyamide 6 films market is segmented as-
- 10 – 100 micron
- 100 – 300 micron
- 300 – 500 micron
- 500 micron and above
On the basis of process, polyamide 6 films market is segmented as-
- Cast extrusion
- Blown extrusion
On the basis of orientation, polyamide 6 films market is segmented as-
- Mono oriented
- Bi-axially oriented
On the basis of end use, polyamide 6 films market is segmented as-
- Meat, poultry, seafood
- frozen food
- Fresh produce
- Bakery & confectionery
- Dairy products
- Ready-to-eat products
- Electrical and electronics
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Polyamide 6 Films Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global polyamide 6 films market has been divided into seven key regions as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Polyamide 6 Films Market: Key players
- Toray Advanced Film Co., Ltd
- Domo Chemicals GmbH
- Goodfellow Inc.
- Nurel SA
- AdvanSix Inc.
- DSM Nederland B.V.
- Mitsubishi Chemical, Inc.
- Impex Global, LLC
- Web Plastics Co LLC
- Unitika Ltd.
- JK Materials Co Ltd
- CS Hyde Co
Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global polyamide 6 films market during the forecast period.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.