Plastic Dome Lids Market: Overview
Caps and Lids play crucial role in the packaging of various end use products. One of such lids is plastic dome lids, which prevent the food or beverage from spilling and hence maintain integrity of the product. Plastic dome lids are made from polypropylene, PET or polystyrene. Plastic dome lids are cost effective and provide convenient solution which makes it preferred choice for most of the fast food services outlets. Plastic dome lids finds applications in packaging of coffee, tea, juices, salads, fruits, soft drinks and various other ready to drink beverages.
Increasing number of fast food chain outlets to give a fillip to the plastic dome lids market
According to a recent survey, ready to drink beverages market has grown 28% in the past two years which in turn driving the market of plastic dome lids globally. Increasing use of sophisticated caps & lids in packaging of cold beverages are driving the market of plastic dome lids market globally. Growing demand from quick service restaurant market driving the plastic dome lids market. In addition to this, rising awareness towards healthy and organic drinks such as green tea is escalating the demand of plastic dome lids. Also, increase in consumption of coffee, teas, juices and energy drinks to escalate the demand in the market. These lids avoid spilling of liquid & semi liquids. Plastic dome lids are easily disposable and provide proper sanitation. Moreover, increasing population and busier lifestyle which influence the preference for convenience beverage also tends to give a fillip to the market. Growing number of fast food chain outlets is driving the demand for plastic dome lids in the market. The global plastic dome lids packaging market is propelled by the expanding food industry and the rising demand for as well as production of dairy & dairy products in Europe and Asia Pacific. Plastic dome lids provide a complete barrier against oxygen, light, and moisture transmission, thus increasing the shelf life of the packaged food product.
However, increasing concern towards health related issues such obesity, diabetes in the millennials can hamper the growth of plastic dome lids market. Also, stringent government regulations in various regions towards dispose of plastic products can affect the market globally.
Plastic Dome Lids Market: Segmentation
On the basis of material, plastic dome lids market can be segmented as:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
On the basis of design, plastic dome lids market can be segmented as:
- With cavity
- Without cavity
On the basis of end use application, plastic dome lids market can be segmented as:
- Ready to drink beverages
- Cupcakes & Cakes
On the basis of sales channel, plastic dome lids market can be segmented as:
Asia Pacific to register high sales owing to blooming food service market in the region
Geographically, the plastic dome lids market can be segmented into Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA) and Japan. Owing to increasing population in the developing countries such as China and India to drive the demand of plastic dome lids market in Asia Pacific region. North America to register healthy growth in the global plastic dome lids market.
Plastic Dome Lids Market: Key Players
Some of the players in the plastic dome lids market are as follows:
- Berry Global Inc.
- Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Dart Container Corporation
- EcoPack Limited
- Sabert Corporation
- Sam's Club, Inc.
- MPM Marketing Services
Plastic Dome Lids Market: Key Developments
Some of the developments in the plastic dome lids market are as follows:
- On May 2012, Dart Container Corporation acquired Solo Cup Company, a significant manufacturer of lids.
- EcoPack Limited had introduced plastic dome lids that are 100% biodegradable & compostable. These lids are toxin free and are clear as regular plastics.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.