Optical Navigation Sensor Market: Introduction
- Optical navigation sensors are electronic devices designed to measure changes in position by optically acquiring sequential surface images and mathematically determining the direction and magnitude of movement from the changes in the images.
- Optical navigational sensors had initially entered the consumer market through the optical mouse. The optical mouse used in gaming consoles and for personal use are still the major applications of these sensors; however, over the years, the devices are also used in smartphones, digital cameras, and remote controls.
- The optical navigation sensor is used in an optical mouse with Image Acquisition System (IAS), a Digital Signal Processor (DSP), and a two-wire or four-wire serial port for the sensor.
Rise in Demand for Optical Navigation Sensors in Aerospace and Defence Industry
- The optical navigation sensor market is expected to expand at a higher growth rate during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for effective sensors capable of measuring changes in position in optical mouse and optical trackballs, and gesture detection devices, among others.
- Optical navigation sensors are used in a wide range of applications in consumer electronics, aircrafts, submarines, space shuttles, and missiles. The global optical navigation sensor market is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period due to its increasing demand across various application sectors such as aerospace, consumer electronics, and other sectors.
- An optical navigation sensor uses different surface images to adjust the cursor or position on the screen; however, surfaces that are shiny or made of glass mirror creates some hinges by reflecting LED light back to the signal processor.
- Efforts are underway by many companies to upgrade their research and development activities to analyze further applications, which is expected to generate profitable growth opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Optical Navigation Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global optical navigation sensor market can be divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is likely to show the fastest growth rate in the market during the forecast period due to emerging economies. China offers huge potential for optical navigation sensors due to the low cost of raw materials and huge production facilities in the country. Moreover, industrialization in the region also contributes to the growth of the optical navigation sensor market.
- North America comprises the second largest market share owing to high demand for optical navigation sensors for higher accuracy, longer stability, smaller size, immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI), and their ability to measure ultra-high speed events in spacecraft, submarines etc.
- The global optical navigation sensor market in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant rate due to its high demand in aerospace and defence industry in the respective regions.
Key Players in the Global Optical Navigation Sensor Market
- Agilent Technologies
- ATLab Inc.
- Avago Technologies
- CODICO GmbH
- Cypress Semiconductor
- Dongguan City Hangseng Sensor Co. Ltd
- EPS Global
- PixArt Imaging Inc.
- ROHM Semiconductor
- Silicon Labs
Global Optical Navigation Sensor Market, Research Scope
Global Optical Navigation Sensor Market, by Type
- Integrated IR LED
- Red LED
Global Optical Navigation Sensor Market, by Application
- Computer Mice
- Space Shuttles
Global Optical Navigation Sensor Market, by Region
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.