Optical Chip Substrate: Introduction
- Optical chip substrates have base glasses for optical coatings and precision optics, which can be used in different light and laser applications for science, research, and industry
- Optical chip substrates can be used for focusing, bending, or controlling light, and they always require coating.
- Standard optical chip substrates are laser-grade polished on both surfaces that are suitable for beam splitters, windows, partial reflecting mirrors, etc.
- Optical substrates are made of different glass materials depending on the applications such as fused quartz parts in optics, fiber optical communications, borosilicate glass parts in semi-conductor manufacturing, etc.
Rise in Demand for Optical Chip Substrate Globally
- Optical chip substrates possess good dimensional stability, bending, and cooling properties; hence, they can be used for synchrotron radiation beam lines
- Optical chip substrates are small-sized for mounting on the CPU package with high-density optical transmission module, needed for the next-generation high-speed data transmission, for advanced semiconductor packaging
- These optical chip substrates have multi-channel optical waveguides for high-density optical transmission, which is required for flip-chip packaging technology in VCSEL/PD array chips
- Optical chip substrates with integrated waveguides and evanescent couplers are developed for fiber to chip interconnects with high-channel counts suitable for co-packaging of optics and switch ASICs in next-generation datacenters
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Optical Chip Substrate Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global optical chip substrate market due to increased manufacturing of display devices, electronic components, semiconductors, MEMS devices, and computing & telecommunication devices in the region
- The global optical chip substrate market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a higher growth rate during the forecast period, due to the presence of major electronics manufacturers in the region.
- Advancements in electronics and increased demand for electronics devices are anticipated to further boost the optical chip substrate market in North America and Europe. Moreover, increasing adoption of electronics in the automotive industry and advanced automation technologies in manufacturing industries is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
Key Players of Global Optical Chip Substrate Market
- Thorlabs, Inc.
- Epihouse Optoelectronics Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen Powerway Advanced Material Co., Limited
- AXT Inc.
- Mark Optics, Inc.
Global Optical Chip Substrate Market: Research Scope
Global Optical Chip Substrate Market, by Type
Global Optical Chip Substrate Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Signal Base Station
- Data Center
Global Optical Chip Substrate Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!