Neuroprotective Treatments: Introduction
- Currently, around 48 million people worldwide are living with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and around 6 million people are living with Parkinson's disease (PD). Dementias are responsible for the greatest burden of neurodegenerative diseases, with Alzheimer's disease representing approximately 60% to 70% of cases.
- Approximately 5.2 million people in the U.S. of all ages had Alzheimer’s disease in 2014. One in nine people age 65 years and older (11% of the population) have Alzheimer's disease.
- Population aged 65 years and above with Alzheimer's disease is anticipated to triple (13.8 million) by 2050, with frequency of one new case every minute
- Nearly one million people in the U.S. live with Parkinson’s disease (PD) and approximately 60,000 are diagnosed each year. More than 400,000 people in the U.S. have multiple sclerosis (MS). It is the most common disease of the central nervous system among young adults. Approximately 5,600 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) each year, and it is estimated that as many as 30,000 people may have the disease at any given time. High prevalence of neurodegenerative disease drives the demand for neuroprotective treatments.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Neuroprotection Treatment Market
- Neurodegeneration and neuron loss are primary indications of neurodegenerative diseases. Even though clinical appearance of neurodegenerative disease symptoms are primarily related to the aging process, it is assumed that neuronal death and the inception of disease occurs progressively through life.
- Before the introduction of neuroprotection, the main dilemma regarding neurodegenerative disease therapies was that the treatment started long after the neurodegeneration had occurred when a large number of neurons had already died. Moreover, little information was available about how to keep the brain healthy.
- The neuroprotection treatment market is considered a highly uncertain market as several key players of the pharmaceutical industry entered the market many years back but exited due to low growth potential and then again re-entered the market again. However, considerable investments are encouraging extensive research & development activities to develop new treatments for neurological disorders. For instance, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG is developing new medicines for diseases, including Alzheimer’s and multiple sclerosis, which had seen no major progress for decades.
- Rapid technological advancements in neuroscience, favorable government initiatives, and increasing awareness among healthcare providers and end-users regarding the benefits of neuroprotection is boosting demand for neuroprotective agents
Free Radical Trapping Agents to Lead the Global Market
- The global neuroprotection treatment market can be segmented based on drug class, application, and region
- In terms of drug class, the global neuroprotection treatment market can be divided into free radical trapping agents, glutamate antagonists, apoptosis inhibitors, anti-inflammatory agents, neurotrophic factors, metal ion chelators, stimulants, and others.
- Based on application, the global neuroprotection treatment market can be classified into prevention and treatment
North America to Dominate Global Neuroprotectin Market
- The global neuroprotection treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Increase in incidence and prevalence of neurodegenerative diseases, especially in aging populations and the need for treatment of brain injuries are expected to drive the global neuroprotection treatment market during the forecast period. High prevalence of diseases, availability of favorable reimbursement policies, rapid acceptance of new and innovative drug products, and well-defined infrastructure investment supporting health care facilities in North America are major factors contributing to the growth of the neuroprotection treatment market in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Neuroprotection Treatment market
Leading players in the global neuroprotection treatment market include:
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Allergan plc.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Novartis AG
Global Neuroprotection Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Neuroprotection Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Free Radical Trapping Agents
- Glutamate Antagonists
- Apoptosis Inhibitors
- Anti-inflammatory Agents
- Neurotrophic Factors
- Metal Ion Chelators
Global Neuroprotection Treatment Market, by Application
Global Neuroprotection Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.