Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market: Introduction
- The network processing unit (NPU) is an integrated circuit with programmable software. In simpler words, it is the central processing unit for network devices. It has various functions and operations defined to perform on incoming and outgoing signals or data packets.
- Large number of processing units, including CPU cores, micro-engines and hardware for compute-intensive tasks, form the architecture for network processors
- Multiple features exists in the network processing unit enabling it to serve many roles.
- Network processors support high bandwidth connections, multiple protocols, and advanced features. Software as a major part of the system enables network equipment to easily adapt to changing standards and applications.
- Network processor is combination of numerous different elements such as processing engine, memory units, dedicated hardware, network interface, and software
Rise in Demand for Networking from Cloud and for Broadband
- Increase in network traffic and cloud infrastructure is significantly driving the network processing unit market.
- Wide range of applications for network processing unit such as firewall, switching, routing, tunneling, and deep packet inspection further boosts the market
- Increasing broadband penetration among end users and increasing network infrastructure investments by private and government sectors are major factors fueling the network processing unit market
- Increase in number of security breaches and adoption of network devices is boosting the network processing units market. Voice over IP, broadcasting, video streaming, IP cameras, virtual work forces and IoT are a few major applications that have increased the demand for network processing unit.
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global network processing unit (NPU) market during the forecast period, due to technological advancements and better technical knowledge among the population in countries in the region. A large number of users of web technology is boosting the market for network processing unit in the region.
- Europe is projected to hold the second-largest share of the global network processing unit (NPU) market owing to increasing adoption of virtualization technology and the huge demand for internet-enabled devices in the region
- Asia Pacific witnessing an increase in adoption of smartphones, a rise in number of internet users, increase in demand for connectivity, growing focus on improving existing networks and establishing new connectivity networks, and increase in bandwidth-intensive applications, such as video-on-demand services. Rising focus of international and domestic IT companies on big data analytics and cloud-based services in the region is also expected to drive the network processing unit (NPU) market in the region.
Key Players in Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market
Major players engaged in the global network processing unit (NPU) market
Key players include:
- Broadcom Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ezchip Semiconductor Ltd.
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- PMC-Sierra Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Huawei Technologies
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market Scope
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market, by Type
- Wired network processing unit
- Wireless network processing unit
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Communications & IT
- Military and Government
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.