Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market: Introduction
- The network processing unit (NPU) is an integrated circuit with programmable software. In simpler words, it is the central processing unit for network devices. It has various functions and operations defined to perform on incoming and outgoing signals or data packets.
- Large number of processing units, including CPU cores, micro-engines and hardware for compute-intensive tasks, form the architecture for network processors
- Multiple features exists in the network processing unit enabling it to serve many roles.
- Network processors support high bandwidth connections, multiple protocols, and advanced features. Software as a major part of the system enables network equipment to easily adapt to changing standards and applications.
- Network processor is combination of numerous different elements such as processing engine, memory units, dedicated hardware, network interface, and software
Rise in Demand for Networking from Cloud and for Broadband
- Increase in network traffic and cloud infrastructure is significantly driving the network processing unit market.
- Wide range of applications for network processing unit such as firewall, switching, routing, tunneling, and deep packet inspection further boosts the market
- Increasing broadband penetration among end users and increasing network infrastructure investments by private and government sectors are major factors fueling the network processing unit market
- Increase in number of security breaches and adoption of network devices is boosting the network processing units market. Voice over IP, broadcasting, video streaming, IP cameras, virtual work forces and IoT are a few major applications that have increased the demand for network processing unit.
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global network processing unit (NPU) market during the forecast period, due to technological advancements and better technical knowledge among the population in countries in the region. A large number of users of web technology is boosting the market for network processing unit in the region.
- Europe is projected to hold the second-largest share of the global network processing unit (NPU) market owing to increasing adoption of virtualization technology and the huge demand for internet-enabled devices in the region
- Asia Pacific witnessing an increase in adoption of smartphones, a rise in number of internet users, increase in demand for connectivity, growing focus on improving existing networks and establishing new connectivity networks, and increase in bandwidth-intensive applications, such as video-on-demand services. Rising focus of international and domestic IT companies on big data analytics and cloud-based services in the region is also expected to drive the network processing unit (NPU) market in the region.
Key Players in Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market
Major players engaged in the global network processing unit (NPU) market
Key players include:
- Broadcom Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ezchip Semiconductor Ltd.
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- PMC-Sierra Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Huawei Technologies
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market Scope
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market, by Type
- Wired network processing unit
- Wireless network processing unit
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Communications & IT
- Military and Government
Global Network Processing Unit (NPU) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!