Multiphase Controllers: Introduction
- A multiphase controller is a device that provides power to central processing units (CPUs), graphics processing units (GPUs), system-on-chips (SoCs), and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) used in a wide range of applications such as telecommunication, network equipment, and Internet server and storage applications
- These devices support several communication protocols such as advanced micro devices switched virtual interface (AMD SVI2), Intel system V interface definition (SVID), power management bus (PMBus), and adaptive voltage scaling bus (AVSBus). They offer a wide range of programmable features through an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
- Multiphase controllers are available in flexible phase configurations across two output ports. For instance, a four-phase controller can configured in 3+1, 2+2, and 4+0 output port configurations. Furthermore, use of AVSBus and PMBus interfaces, allows the device to meet high power supply requirement.
- Multiphase controllers are easy to configure with minimal requirement for external components. They offer accurate regulation capability and a robust fault management system.
- Multiphase controllers are available in three frequency ranges i.e. low frequency, medium frequency, and high frequency
- Multiphase controllers are used in several applications such as Internet server, DC power distribution systems, telecommunications equipment, and network equipment
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Rise in Demand for Multiphase Controllers for Use in Network Equipment
- Multiphase controllers are largely used in the IT & telecommunication industry in network equipment, Internet servers, and telecommunications equipment. This is considered a major factor driving the global multiphase controllers market.
- Multiphase controllers are employed to provide power to network equipment that are significantly used in mobile and computer devices. These include CPUs, GPUs, SoCs, and ASICs. Use of multiphase controllers in mobile phones and computers is useful to perform operations at a high speed, with high accuracy, and with less power. This makes the operation more efficient.
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for multiphase controllers for use in network equipment is increasing, which is expected to drive the global multiphase controllers market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Multiphase controllers are used in automotive, industrial, medical, IT & telecommunication, and consumer electronics sectors. Among these, automotive has emerged as an attractive sector for investments for organizations across the globe. In the automotive industry, multiphase controllers are increasingly being used in automobiles for battery backup power conversion.
- Manufacturers provide multiphase controllers that are operational at temperatures ranging from −40°C to 150°C. Additionally, use of multiphase controllers offers redundancy and fault tolerant ability, which play a significant role in advanced driver assistance systems (ADASs). Owing to this safety feature, multiphase controllers are increasingly being used in the automotive industry.
- Thus, rise in the use of multiphase controllers in automobiles is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global multiphase controllers market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Multiphase Controllers Market
- In terms of region, the global multiphase controllers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global multiphase controllers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of multiphase controllers operate in the region and they are constantly investing in electronic components
- The multiphase controllers market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a considerable rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Multiphase Controllers Market
The global multiphase controllers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for multiphase controllers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global multiphase controllers market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors
- On Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Global Multiphase Controllers Market: Research Scope
Global Multiphase Controllers Market, by Frequency Range
- Low Frequency
- Medium Frequency
- High Frequency
Global Multiphase Controllers Market, by Application
- Internet Servers
- DC Power Distribution Systems
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Network Equipment
Global Multiphase Controllers Market, by End-use Industry
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consumer Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.