Multiphase Controllers: Introduction
- A multiphase controller is a device that provides power to central processing units (CPUs), graphics processing units (GPUs), system-on-chips (SoCs), and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) used in a wide range of applications such as telecommunication, network equipment, and Internet server and storage applications
- These devices support several communication protocols such as advanced micro devices switched virtual interface (AMD SVI2), Intel system V interface definition (SVID), power management bus (PMBus), and adaptive voltage scaling bus (AVSBus). They offer a wide range of programmable features through an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
- Multiphase controllers are available in flexible phase configurations across two output ports. For instance, a four-phase controller can configured in 3+1, 2+2, and 4+0 output port configurations. Furthermore, use of AVSBus and PMBus interfaces, allows the device to meet high power supply requirement.
- Multiphase controllers are easy to configure with minimal requirement for external components. They offer accurate regulation capability and a robust fault management system.
- Multiphase controllers are available in three frequency ranges i.e. low frequency, medium frequency, and high frequency
- Multiphase controllers are used in several applications such as Internet server, DC power distribution systems, telecommunications equipment, and network equipment
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Rise in Demand for Multiphase Controllers for Use in Network Equipment
- Multiphase controllers are largely used in the IT & telecommunication industry in network equipment, Internet servers, and telecommunications equipment. This is considered a major factor driving the global multiphase controllers market.
- Multiphase controllers are employed to provide power to network equipment that are significantly used in mobile and computer devices. These include CPUs, GPUs, SoCs, and ASICs. Use of multiphase controllers in mobile phones and computers is useful to perform operations at a high speed, with high accuracy, and with less power. This makes the operation more efficient.
- As a result of these advantages, the demand for multiphase controllers for use in network equipment is increasing, which is expected to drive the global multiphase controllers market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Multiphase controllers are used in automotive, industrial, medical, IT & telecommunication, and consumer electronics sectors. Among these, automotive has emerged as an attractive sector for investments for organizations across the globe. In the automotive industry, multiphase controllers are increasingly being used in automobiles for battery backup power conversion.
- Manufacturers provide multiphase controllers that are operational at temperatures ranging from −40°C to 150°C. Additionally, use of multiphase controllers offers redundancy and fault tolerant ability, which play a significant role in advanced driver assistance systems (ADASs). Owing to this safety feature, multiphase controllers are increasingly being used in the automotive industry.
- Thus, rise in the use of multiphase controllers in automobiles is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global multiphase controllers market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Multiphase Controllers Market
- In terms of region, the global multiphase controllers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global multiphase controllers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of multiphase controllers operate in the region and they are constantly investing in electronic components
- The multiphase controllers market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a considerable rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Multiphase Controllers Market
The global multiphase controllers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for multiphase controllers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global multiphase controllers market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors
- On Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Global Multiphase Controllers Market: Research Scope
Global Multiphase Controllers Market, by Frequency Range
- Low Frequency
- Medium Frequency
- High Frequency
Global Multiphase Controllers Market, by Application
- Internet Servers
- DC Power Distribution Systems
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Network Equipment
Global Multiphase Controllers Market, by End-use Industry
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consumer Electronics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.