- Methylisothiazolinone, or MIT/MI, belongs to the group of isothiazolinones. It is a heterocyclic compound. Methylisothiazolinone is extensively used as a very strong synthetic biocide and preservative. Methylisothiazolinone is also utilized as a raw material to make pesticides; it is also employed in multiple industrial applications to control bacteria, fungi, and algae formation in paper/pulp mills, cooling water systems. Furthermore, methylisothiazolinone is used as a preservative in applications in adhesives, coatings, fuels, metals working fluids, paints and other specialty industrial products.
- Methylisothiazolinone is widely utilized in cosmetics and personal care products for its preservative and anti-microbial properties. Moreover, methylisothiazolinone is a toxic material and is cytotoxic in nature, which means it is harmful for human skin.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Methylisothiazolinone Market
- Personal care products such as hand wash and shampoos are widely used by an ever growing population to maintain personal hygiene, makeup, skincare, and healthcare. Increase in demand for personal care products is expected to drive the methylisothiazolinone market at a steady pace in developing regions. Methylisothiazolinone is also employed in cosmetics and baby care products, being a relatively cost-effective alternative as a preservative in cosmetics and baby care products. This factor is likely to fuel the demand for methylisothiazolinone as a raw material in the expanding cosmetics industry.
- Use of water-based paints has been increasing for the last few years. The water-soluble paints market is driven by the expansion of the automotive sector and use of water-soluble paints in infrastructure, construction, and building sectors, which is boosting the demand for methylisothiazolinone. Water-based paints, which contain a higher proportion of preservatives where methylisothiazolinone, are being extensively utilized.
- However, methylisothiazolinone has been reported to cause allergic contact dermatitis. This factor is expected to hamper the methylisothiazolinone market in developed regions.
Methylisothiazolinone: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global methylisothiazolinone market can be segmented into pharmaceutical intermediates, analytical reagents, preservatives, and coating intermediates
- The preservatives segment is expected to account for a significant share of the global methylisothiazolinone market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the coating intermediates segment.
- The pharmaceutical intermediates segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the expansion of the pharmaceutical industry around the globe
Methylisothiazolinone: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global methylisothiazolinone market can be segmented into paints & coating, personal care & cosmetics, drug & pharmaceutical industry, paper industry, and others
- The personal care & cosmetics segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the pharmaceutical industry segment.
- The paints & coating segment is likely to expand with a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to an increase in usage of paints & coating in construction and automotive industries
COVID-19 Impact on Methylisothiazolinone Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the methylisothiazolinone market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Methylisothiazolinone Market
- In terms of region, the global methylisothiazolinone market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America are expected to lucrative regions for the methylisothiazolinone market, as methylisothiazolinone is a relatively cost-effective option. The automotive, building and construction sectors in Asia Pacific are projected to expand during the forecast period, which in turn is expected to drive the methylisothiazolinone market during the forecast period. Furthermore, expansion of the personal care industry in countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, and Malaysia is anticipated to further boost the methylisothiazolinone market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Methylisothiazolinone Market
The global methylisothiazolinone market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global methylisothiazolinone market include:
- Sharon laboratories
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology
- Spectrum Chemical
- Leap Labchem
- Guangzhou ZEAL FUN Cosmetic Co., Ltd.
Global Methylisothiazolinone Market: Research Scope
Global Methylisothiazolinone Market, by Form
Global Methylisothiazolinone Market, by Application
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates
- Analytical Reagents
- Coating Intermediates
Global Methylisothiazolinone Market, by End-use
- Paints & Coating
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Drug & Pharmaceutical Industry
- Paper Industry
Global Methylisothiazolinone Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.