Lead Type Capacitors: Introduction
- Metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor comprises three components: metal electrode (or gate), an insulating film of silicon dioxide, and a silicon substrate
- The MOS capacitor is a major part of the MOSFET structure, where the MOS capacitor includes a front-end-of-the-line (FEOL) field effect transistor (FET), and a plurality of middle-end-of-the-line (MEOL) conductive structures. The MOS capacitor is widely used as a storage capacitor in memory chips, and as the basic building block of the charge-coupled device (CCD) in image sensor technology.
Rise in Demand from Hybrid Circuits
- Metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitors are majorly utilized in hybrid circuits as they offer better frequency characteristics, higher reliability, and higher withstanding voltage. Additionally, MOS capacitors also work great in advanced designs with filtering, decoupling, higher capacitance, and improved bypassing capabilities.
- Moreover, an increase in demand for metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitors from the electronics market; emerging latest technologies such as multi-layered metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitors; miniaturization of electronic devices; rising use in smartphones and tablets, as they can handle complex and sophisticated functions effectively; and growing demand for electric vehicles from the automotive sector also propel the demand for metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitors in hybrid circuits
- Possibility of high thermal loading, high reliability and lifetime, good long-term performance and excellent tracking of resistors, and good electromagnetic compatibility are just a few of the many special features of hybrid circuits with MOS capacitors.
- Demand for metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitors is expected to increase, as MOS capacitor offers benefits such as sensitivity is activated anytime, the interaction between the gas and gate produces a number of charges or dipoles at the gate SiO2 interface.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Capacitor Market
- In terms of region, the global metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in number of manufacturers in the region, owing to a rise in the demand from end-use industries due to increased capacitance levels, and emerging electric manufacturing companies in the region.
- Moreover, the increasing demand from the consumer electronics industry in developing countries of the region such as China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, and India is also expected to propel the regional consumption of MOS
- The electronics industry and automation sector in China is also estimated to expand considerable, which in turn is likely to fuel the metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor market during the forecast period
- The metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor market in North America is estimated to expand at a considerable pace due to rising consumption and increasing investment by governments in various existing aerospace and defense developments programs and projects in the region
- The metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to growing investment in technology advancements in the consumer electronics and automotive sectors. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Capacitor Market
The global metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor market was highly fragmented in 2021. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) capacitor market include:
- AVX Corporation.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- OLYMPUS CORPORATION
Moreover, some players have the potential to develop the MOS Capacitor in recent future such as NXP Semiconductors N.V., Infineon Technologies AG, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, ON Semiconductor, Microchip Technology, Qualcomm, and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
Global Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Capacitor Market: Research Scope
Global Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Capacitor Market, by Classes of Device
- Surface Channel Structure
- Buried Channel Design
Global Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Capacitor Market, by Application
- Hybrid circuits
- Bias Networks
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Aerospace Applications
- TOSA and ROSA applications
Global Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Capacitor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!