Medical Examination Market: Introduction
- Medical examination is also termed as physical examination. It is a physical health examination performed on an asymptomatic person for regular screening purposes. It is generally performed by pediatricians or family physicians at regular intervals. Routine physical examination ensures the good health of a person. Mostly depending on personal history, a doctor could choose particular area for examination such as blood pressure related issues, diabetes, and cardiovascular checks. The test results from medical examination can help in early diagnosis of serious illness and future preventive measures can be taken accordingly.
- A medical examination primarily includes vital sign checks, visual exam, physical exam, and laboratory tests. Vital sign checks cover recording blood pressure, respiratory rate, and heart rate of a person. In a visual exam, physician reviews the appearance of a person for signs of any potential conditions, checks head, eyes, chest, abdomen, and throat, and also the musculoskeletal systems (such as hands and wrists) and nervous system (such as speech and walking). For physical examination, a doctor uses tools to look into eyes, ears, nose, and throat. Blood sample of a person is collected to conduct several laboratory tests. The panel tests blood plasma and can indicate any issues that exist in kidneys, liver, blood chemistry, and immune system.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Medical Examination Market
- Increase in major health issues among the global population is a major factor driving the global medical examination market. The global population is facing new types of diseases due to a number of reasons such as lifestyle. Regular health check-ups help people to take care of their health and body in the best possible manner as they age further. Moreover, it acts as an alert system for any upcoming major health issue. Finding problems early means increased chances for getting effective treatment to the person.
- Deterioration in physical examination skills among modern physicians is a major restraint of the global medical examination market. Increase in dependence on laboratory investigations and automation has led to several problems that are significant threats to patient safety. Poor physical examination skill causes more impudent referrals and mismanagement of patient’s health. Moreover, rise in cost of health care hampers the growth of the global medical examination market.
- Technological advancements will attract more people for regular medical examination. These will also help in more accurate and in-depth results leading to opportunities in the global medical examination market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Medical Examination Market
- North America is projected to lead the global the medical examination market because high disposable income and best health care facilities have fueled the growth of medical examination. According to data released by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 2019, the U.S. currently ranks the highest in health care spending among the developed nations of the world with US$ 11,072 per capita.
- Europe is expected to account for the second largest share of the global medication examination market during the forecast period. Government initiatives by spending major chunk of GDP on health care have improved the health care systems of different countries in the region. In most of the countries, every citizen is enrolled in the national health care system and a large portion of medical services are provided free of charge by doctors who are employed by the government. Countries such as Switzerland and the U.K. are considered to have the best health care facility in the world.
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Examination Market
The global medical examination market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global medical examination market are:
- AcuMed Medical
- Cleveland Clinic
- Cooper Aerobics
- Health 100
- IKang Group
- Japanese Red Cross
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lifescan Medical Centre
- Mayo Clinic
- Mediway Medical
- Milord Health Group
- MJ Health Care
- Nuffield Health
- PL Tokyo Health Care Center
- Raffles Medical Group
- Rich Healthcare
- Samsung Total Healthcare Center
- Seoul Medicare
- Seoul National University Hospital
- St. Luke’s International Hospital
- Sun Medical Center
- Tokyo Midtown Clinic
The global medical examination market can be classified as:
Global Medical Examination Market, by Type
- Routine Physical Examination
- Comprehensive Physical Examination
Global Medical Examination Market, by End-user
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!