Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market
Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market [Test Type: MaterniT21, Harmony, Panorama, Verifi, NIFTY, and Others; Application: Trisomy, Microdeletions Symptoms, and Others (Including Sex Chromosomes Disorders); Technology: NGS, WGS, and Others; End-user: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, and Others] - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Increasing maternal age is one of the main reasons behind growing cases of children born with chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome and Tuner’s syndrome. Non-invasive prenatal diagnostics enable medical professionals to diagnose such condition beforehand. Hence, it is widely adopted in hospital, gynecology & obstetrics clinic, and at diagnostic centers.
Detection and diagnosis of genetic condition of fetus is niche of non-invasive prenatal diagnostics manufacturers. As per market analysts, China is projected to present lucrative growth opportunities to non-invasive prenatal diagnostics market. The country has, reportedly, 900,000 cases annually, which qualifies the category of high-risk pregnancies.
Rising awareness among consumers is another key factors likely to drive growth of the market in coming years. Women, who are having high risk pregnancies, tend to go for prenatal testing.
Ease of the process is another major factor. The diagnosis process is minimally invasive, hence, the process poses no or minimal risk to mother and the fetus. Further, advantages of the tests is resulting in substantial decline in the number of costly and Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) and invasive amniocentesis procedures.
As a result, volumetric capability is enhancing across the globe. This would explicitly boost to growth of non-invasive prenatal diagnostics market, in terms of revenue.
Moreover, non-invasive prenatal diagnostic is a middle step between screening procedure and invasive tests to check fetal abnormality. This, in turn, is likely to drive growth in the reproductive genetics sector as well.
Moreover, favorable re-imbursement policies in several regions are acting as catalyst. This, in turn, is anticipated to accelerate growth of the market in coming years.
Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the non-invasive prenatal testing market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and forecast period of 2019–2027, increase in maternal age and increasing demand for early and non-invasive fetal testing procedures are anticipated to drive the global non-invasive prenatal testing market
- According to the report, the global non-invasive prenatal testing market was valued at US$ 1.3 Bn in 2018. The non-invasive prenatal testing market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 16.4% from 2019 to 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market
Rising Maternal Age to Propel Market: A Key Driver
- The average age of first-time mothers is increasing, especially in developed countries such as U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy, and Japan. Financial stability, rising literacy rates, and social factors are key factors responsible for the advancing maternal age.
- The risk of fetal chromosomal aneuploidies is directly related to the rise in maternal age. According to a publication by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the risk of fetal chromosomal abnormalities increases gradually up to the age of 30, and beyond that it increases exponentially.
- The risk of Down’s syndrome in the baby is 1/1,300 up to 25 years of maternal age, while the risk in pregnant women at 35 years of age increases to 1/365 and to 1/30 beyond 40 years.
- The rise in average maternal age is likely to result in increased incidences of chromosomal aneuploidies, leading to an increased demand for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT).
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increasing Number of Chromosomal Abnormality
- High incidence rate of babies born with Down’s syndrome and Turners’ Syndrome around the globe is likely to drive the demand for NIPT, primarily due to the high level of accuracy and safety offered over conventional screening and invasive diagnostic methods.
- According to sources from Down’s syndrome Education (DSE) International, the prevalence of Down’s syndrome ranges from 1 in 1,500 to 1 in 400 babies born across different countries. It further states that nearly 220,000 babies are born with Down’s syndrome globally every year.
- According to the center for disease control & prevention (CDC) of the U.S., the incidence rate for Down’s syndrome is 1 in every 700 child births (around 6,000 annually) in the U.S. On the other hand, 1-734 per 100,000 live births were detected from Down’s syndrome, revealed by the WHO.
- High incidence rate of genetic mutation resulting in various syndromes across the globe is likely to trigger the demand for non-invasive prenatal tests
- Changing lifestyle, dietary habits and exposure to mutagenic agents are poised to cause spontaneous mutations in fetus and expecting mothers, which are likely to lead in to increased incidences of hereditary and congenital diseases. This factor is anticipated to drive the demand for non-invasive prenatal tests during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Strict Regulatory Guidelines to Hamper Global Non-invasive Prenatal Testing Market
- Various regulatory bodies across the world believe that the implementation of non-invasive prenatal tests and the subsequent rise in uptake of prenatal testing is likely to increase the incidence of abortions. Therefore, professional groups such as The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), International Society for Prenatal Diagnosis, U.S. National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC), and The Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology have set up guidelines that limit the use of non-invasive prenatal testing only to pregnant women at high risk of chromosomal aneuploidies.
Global Non-invasive prenatal testing Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The non-invasive prenatal testing market is moderately fragmented with the presence of a few large-scale players present in International markets. The top four to five players held majority share of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market.
- Prominent players operating in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market include
- Berry Genetics
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- NATERA, INC.
- PerkinElmer Inc
- Eurofins LifeCodexx AG
Global Non-invasive prenatal testing Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market are engaged in the development of new products and approvals, key mergers & acquisitions, and collaborations. Major developments by key players operating in non-invasive prenatal testing are likely to fuel the expansion of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market. Some of the growth strategies adopted by the players in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market are as follows:
- In April 2017, Illumina, Inc. introduced VeriSeq NIPT solution in Europe (CE marked), which is useful for screening Trisomy (Down’s syndrome, Sex Chromosome Disorders, Microdeletion Syndrome). In addition to the VeriSeq NIPT system, Illumina also applied CE mark to the NIPT analysis software in February 2016.
- In 2017, NATERA INC. launched Vistara, an NIPT solution that screens single gene abnormalities across 30 genes. It is an alternative/complement to Panorama and screens for severe skeletal, cardiac and oncological conditions that are related to cognitive disorders and require surgical interventions.
The report on the global non-invasive prenatal testing market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of non-invasive prenatal testing. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market.
TMR’s report on the global non-invasive prenatal testing market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion-makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global non-invasive prenatal testing market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, companies’ presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global non-invasive prenatal testing market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market. Key players operating in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global non-invasive prenatal testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product/test menu companies in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global non-invasive prenatal testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for non-invasive prenatal testing providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global non-invasive prenatal testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the non-invasive prenatal testing market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serve as a validation from the non-invasive prenatal testing market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global non-invasive prenatal testing market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global non-invasive prenatal testing market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global non-invasive prenatal testing Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global non-invasive prenatal testing Market – Segmentation
Others (Including Sex Chromosomes Disorders)
Middle East & Africa