Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Market – Introduction
- Transferring of mechanical power implies keeping an object in motion. The equipment which transfers energy to other objects transmits pressure and provides motion. Mechanical power transmission equipment converts the rotational movement into linear reciprocating motion or circular movement. Mechanical power and movements are transmitted through a range of components such as belts, chains, gears, couplings, brakes and clutches, and power screws. These products are generally small and compact in size. The engineered mechanisms of the components provide the essential control of equipment speed, torque, and positioning, which can be used in nearly any machine, process, or application involving motion.
Increased usage in automotive sector, transportation, and in factories driving demand
- One of the most common use of mechanical power transmission equipment is seen in the automotive and transportation sector. Components such as clutches provide fuel economy, quicker engine warm-up, increased engine performance, and reduced noise to heavy transport vehicles such as buses and trucks. Custom bearings are designed to provide heat treatment, lubrication, and part geometry to automotive rear door openings. In factories, where industrial repairs are done, manufacture & assembly of machinery parts takes place; here, gearboxes and bearing repairs provide greater reliability and increased performance to run the manufacturing system on new specifications. This improves the efficiency of industrial equipment and machinery in factories. These factors have led to greater use of mechanical power transmission equipment globally.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Lightweight & easy to handle components, and low maintenance cost leads to rising opportunities in transmitting power mechanically
- Mechanical power transmission equipment are typically lightweight, possess a compact structure, and are suitable for short distance transmission. The rate of transmission of power is accurate, stable, and efficient. The components have a long life, thus maintaining low operating costs. The equipment can be easily installed in any system which requires transfer of mechanical energy to keep the machinery or product in motion. The components maintain the industry standards and suit most installations in systems. All these factors have increased the sales of mechanical power transmission equipment.
Asia Pacific considered the dominant region in the global mechanical power transmission equipment market
- In terms of geography, the global mechanical power transmission equipment market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period due to increase in usage of mechanical power transmission equipment in heavy-duty industry, material handling, and water & wastewater treatment applications. This increase in demand is due to trouble-free operation essential in various end-use industries such as aerospace & defense, medical and surgical tools, and oil & gas, in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, France, etc., which is projected to surge the sales of mechanical power transmission equipment in the near future.
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global mechanical power transmission equipment market in 2019. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period due to an increase in number of manufacturers producing mechanical power transmission equipment, government initiatives for increased power transmission in industries such as transportation, factory automation, and food & beverages, in emerging countries such as India, China, Japan, South Korea, and other countries in Southeast Asia. These factors are projected to fuel the demand for mechanical power transmission equipment in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in the Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment Market
Prominent players in the mechanical power transmission equipment market are expected to face intense competition during the forecast period. Companies such as Regal Beloit Corporation, ABB, ERIKS, and Altra Industrial Motion are focusing on manufacturing equipment which can control greater speed, slowdown the motion of a running vehicle immediately, require fewer lubricants, and function for a longer span of time. Some of the key players operating in the global mechanical power transmission equipment market include:
- Regal Beloit Corporation
- Sedan Engineering Enterprises
- Carlisle Brake & Friction
- Altra Industrial Motion
- The Timken Company
- American Crane & Tractor
- NDE Clark Pitchline Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment – Research Scope
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, by Type
- Belt Drives
- Chains & sprockets
- Brakes & Clutches
- Others (Actuators)
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, by Material
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Plastic etc.)
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, by Price Range
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, by End-use
- Aerospace & Defense
- Farm & Agriculture
- Oil & Gas
- Metals & Mining
- Others (Renewable Energy)
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Websites
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Other (Retail Stores etc.)
Global Mechanical Power Transmission Equipment, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!