Light Dependent Resistors: Introduction
- Light dependent resistors (LDR), also known as photoresistor, is an electronic component that responds to light. The light rays drop on the light dependent resistor, and the resistance is changed immediately.
- Light dependent resistors are made up of light-sensitive materials such as cadmium sulfide (CdS), cadmium selenide (CdSe), lead sulfide (PbS), and indium antimonide (InS).
- The working principle of light dependent resistors is photoconductivity, which is nothing but an optical phenomenon. When light is absorbed by the LDR material, the conductivity of the material reduces.
Rise in Demand in Street Lights
- By application, the street lights segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the global light dependent resistors market during the forecast period.
- The lightening-up of highways is done through HID lamps; but, the energy consumption of these lights is high and they lack a particular mechanism to turn on/off the lights from sunrise to sunset. Governments of many developed and developing countries are extensively using the alternative method over HID lamps, i.e. they have started implementing LDR power conserving of intensity controlled street lights to overcome the high energy consumption problem.
- Moreover, light dependent resistors have less power consumption, and the life span of these lights is more compared to conventional HID lamps, which is also likely to boost the demand for light dependent resistors during the forecast period across the globe.
- Furthermore, LDR lights have several advantages. They are highly sensitive, simple & small devices, easily used, and inexpensive. Their light-dark resistance ratio is high, and the connection is simple.
- One of the major restraints of the global light dependent resistor market is the low-temperature stability. LDR provides incorrect results once the working temperature alters.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Light Dependent Resistors Market
- In terms of region, the global light dependent resistors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The Asia Pacific light dependent resistors market is expected to see highest growth throughout the forecast period due to the rising use of light dependent resistors in electronic applications in the region.
- Moreover, the governments of major Asian countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, India, and Singapore are focusing on upgrading their public infrastructure such as street lights which is likely to propel the growth of the light dependent resistors market during the forecast period.
- Large number of light dependent resistor manufacturers are located in the Asia Pacific region, which also boosts the demand for light dependent resistors in the region.
- The market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the demand for light dependent resistors from the regions.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Light Dependent Resistors Market
Key players operating in the global light dependent resistors market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for light dependent resistors. Moreover, key market players are emphasizing on several strategic initiatives to enhance business and establish their manufacturing facilities.
Key players operating in the global light dependent resistors market are listed below:
- Senba Sensing Technology Co., Ltd.
- Sicube photonics Co., Ltd
- Advanced Photonix Inc.
- ENBON OPTOELECTRONICS LIMITED
- Shenzhen Wodeyijia Technology Co., Ltd.
- Parallax Inc.
- Adafruit Industries
Global Light Dependent Resistors Market: Research Scope
Global Light Dependent Resistors Market, by Type
- UV light dependent resistor
- Infrared photosensitive resistor
- Visible light dependent resistor
Global Light Dependent Resistors Market, by Material
- Cadmium Sulfide
- Thallium Sulfide
- Cadmium Selenide
- Lead Sulfide
Global Light Dependent Resistors Market, by Application
- Automatic Switch Control
- Alarm Clocks
- Street Lights
- Light Intensity Meters
- Burglar Alarm Circuits
Global Light Dependent Resistors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.