Global Lead Screw Market – Introduction
- Lead screw is a component used as a linkage in a machine, to translate turning motion into linear motion. The performance of a lead screw depends on the coefficient of friction between the nut and the screw, which in turn depends on the material used for the nut and screw. Stainless steel is the most common material used in the manufacturing of lead screws. This material forms well, gives a great surface finish, and has good corrosion resistance. Lead screw is also known as power screw, and translation screw. Rolling, whirling, and grinding are the three basic ways of producing lead screw threads. Each method has its own pros and cons. Manufacturers are also manufacturing customized lead screws for end-users. Customization is especially helpful when end-users are replacing legacy parts that are no longer offered.
Advancement in technology projected to be a driving factor for the lead screw market
- Advancement in terms of technology and rapid increase in investment on research & development are projected to lead to the introduction of new and innovative technology equipped lead screws in the near future. Thomson Industries, Inc., one of the leading manufacturers of lead screw has a technology called Taper-Lock technology. This technology assures that the connection between the lead screw and motor is secure, robust, and correctly aligned. The lead screws manufactured by Thomson Industries, Inc. with this technology can offer up to 30% more load capacity than other comparable products, without increasing installation footprint.
Rise in usage of lead screws in various applications anticipated to be an opportunity for manufacturers
- Rapid increase in usage of lead screws in various applications such as linear actuators, machine tools, vises, presses, and jacks in different end-use industries is anticipated to surge the sale of lead screws during the forecasted timeline. Lead screw is one of the most common component in electric linear actuators. Lead screws are majorly designed to reduce or minimize friction. Hence, it is commonly used for commercial and industrial purposes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America considered the largest market for lead screws
- Geographically, the global lead screw market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global lead screw market in 2019. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rising demand for customized designs of lead screws, and innovative product development with nanotechnology in countries such as the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, which is projected to surge the sale of lead screws in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid rise in usage of lead screw as a common component in linear actuators, especially in India, China, Korea, Japan, Australia, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for lead screws in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Lead Screw Market
Prominent lead screw brands or companies are estimated to face tough competition during the forecasted timeline. Companies such as Eichenberger Gewinde, MISUMI Corporation, Barnes Industries, Inc., and Power Jacks Limited are manufacturing lead screws with innovative sizes and light-weight materials and planning to launch more advance lead screws in the market. Companies are also undertaking mergers & acquisitions or signing agreements with regional distributors and dealers to expand their business in various parts of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global lead screw market include:
- Barnes Industries, Inc.
- Eichenberger Gewinde AG
- Helix Linear Technologies
- MISUMI Corporation
- Noll Incorporated
- NOOK Industries, INC.
- Power Jacks Limited
- Roton Products, Inc.
- Thomson Industries, Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Lead Screw Market, Request for a Sample
Global Lead Screw Market – Research Scope
Global Lead Screw Market, by Product Type
- Trapezoidal Threads
- Sharp Threads
- Buttress Threads
- Knuckle Threads
- Coarse Threads
- Reverse/Diamond Threads
- Others (Screw Conveys etc.)
Global Lead Screw Market, by Material
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Alloys etc.)
Global Lead Screw Market, by Application
- Machine Tools
- Linear Actuators
- Others (Forming Presses etc.)
Global Lead Screw Market, by End-Use
- Aerospace and Defense
- Industrial Automation
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.