Green Technology and Environmental Impact of Industrial Floor Scrubbers
Following a worldwide trend across industries, players in the industrial floor scrubbers market are increasingly adopting green technology. There has been a wave of efforts in recent years, on the back of consumers’ and manufacturers’ inclination for sustainable cleaning solutions, to reduce the negative impact of cleaning equipment and meet green cleaning standards. To this end, some of the developments made include: reduction in water and detergent consumption, and even making machinery recyclable, as with Nilfisk’s range of products.
The use of green technology is particularly popular in manufacturing as a whole, and has seen higher adoption in mature markets in Europe and North America, also driven by government incentives and comprehensive regulatory framework. To align with this demand, companies are also looking to reduce their carbon footprint and use renewable sources of energy, all without sacrificing the quality of the cleanliness offered by these products.
Increasing investments in R&D on this front have contributed significantly to the growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market, which witnessed sales of ~451 thousand units in 2018. The market is expected to grow at a volume CAGR of ~10% during the forecast years (2019-2027).
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market
Automation and Technology in Industrial Floor Scrubbers
The incorporation of newer technology in the global industrial floor scrubbers market is not limited to just green technology, but also extends into the integration of robotics and smart machines to improve the efficiency of these products. Robotic floor cleaners were first introduced in the latter half of the 1990s, and have been a popular product type since then. Robotic floor cleaners, as a type of industrial floor scrubber, accounted for only ~13% of the total market share by value in 2018, but this segment anticipated to expand almost 3X by the end of the forecast period. The demand for robotic industrial floor scrubbers comes mainly from industrial sectors, where the premium set on efficiency is higher, coupled with rising labour shortages across industries.
Warehouse and supply chain industries have witnessed dramatic change as online retailing has exploded in recent years. With the advent of automation, the demand for self-sufficient industrial floor scrubbers from this sector has grown significantly, as they improve productivity, efficiency, and safety within the premises. As these warehouses get increasingly bigger, the demand for automated and self-sufficient industrial floor scrubbers is also expected to increase.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
As an extension of the assimilation of technology, players in the industrial floor scrubbers market are also focusing on product development that incorporates integrated cleaning and telemetry technology as a routine for process optimization. For instance, in 2019 Columbus, a major player in the global industrial floor scrubbers market, launched the 'Smart Fleet', aimed at improving operational and planning efficiency for its end users.
Manufacturing & Warehousing to Remain Prominent; Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals to Expand Significantly
In 2018, the manufacturing and warehousing sector accounted for over one-fourth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market, by both, value and volume. This can be attributed to the unprecedented expansion of the sector. The high demand from this sector for industrial floor scrubbers has been mainly to resolve facility management challenges, which robotic scrubbers address. Their rapid adoption in the market is likely to positively impact the growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market. This end-use industry is expected to remain the most prominent over the forecast period, though growing at a comparatively slower rate of ~9%.
However, the healthcare and pharmaceuticals sectors are expected to be fastest growing markets in the foreseeable future, in this landscape, increasing rapidly at a CAGR of ~11% by value. This can be attributed to the emphasis placed on cleanliness and the increased reliance on automated, rather than manual work, to reduce the scope of errors. The value of these sectors is expected to grow around three times from 2018 to 2027.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market
The global industrial floor scrubbers market is set to increase at a robust pace during the forecast period of 2019-2027, on the back of the rising demand for automated and robotic scrubbers from the healthcare & pharmaceuticals and manufacturing & warehousing sectors. According to analysts at Transparency Market Research, manufacturers should consider the increasing consumer demand for green cleaning solutions, and target their R&D toward environment-friendly product innovations, without sacrificing on quality, to retain their competitive edge in the market. Players should turn their attention toward rising end user demands for the improved performance and efficiency of floor scrubbers as well.
While the high costs of these industrial floor scrubbers can act as a deterrent to the growth of the market, stakeholders looking to expand their product lines to perform extra functions using fewer resources are likely to find opportunities across industries and regions in the global landscape.
Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global industrial floor scrubbers market for the period of 2019–2027 (wherein, the period from 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period and 2018 is the base year), walk-behind floor scrubbers are the most commonly-used type of industrial floor scrubbers for cleaning applications, owing to the greater flexibility offered by them, and their relatively lower price as compared to ride-on floor scrubbers and robotics floor scrubbers.
- Revenue generated by the global industrial floor scrubbers market is projected to increase at a CAGR of ~10%.
- As such, the global industrial floor scrubbers market is expected to grow from ~US$ 4 Bn in 2019 to ~US$ 8 Bn by 2027.
Health & Safety Regulations to Encourage Adoption of Industrial Floor Scrubbers across All Verticals
- Industrial floor scrubbers are an advancement to the conventional cleaning and maintenance tools/equipment that offer superior cleanliness, and facilitate bacteria and dust-free environments.
- Growing health & hygiene concerns in end-user segments is expected to be a key driving factor of the industrial floor scrubbers market.
- In addition, worldwide exacting health & safety regulations by governments are anticipated to further fuel the demand for industrial floor scrubbers during the forecast period, eventually boosting the growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market.
Advent of Advanced Robotics in Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market: Key Market Trend
- Various industrial floor scrubber manufacturers are emphasizing on the development of robotic floor scrubbers due to the rapidly growing demand for automated scrubbing machines in developed countries.
- Automatic scrubbing machines are being increasingly adopted due to major developments in technology, labor shortage, and need for higher productivity in regular cleaning tasks.
- Several manufacturers, these days, are focusing on developing floor scrubbers that are easy to operate. Currently, a range of floor scrubbing machines enabled with built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, performance data, maintenance alert, etc., are available.
Adverse Impact of Automation on Employment: Key Market Restraint
Floor scrubbers are interpreted to have an adverse impact on employment. These floor scrubbers can clean the entire floor within minutes, and require only one person to operate the scrubber, whereas, traditional methods would need multiple workers for the same job.
- The availability of low-cost manual labor in developing nations is expected to hamper the growth of the industrial floor scrubbers market during the forecast period.
Global Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers of industrial floor scrubbers have been provided in the industrial floor scrubbers market report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the global Industrial floor scrubbers market include
- Amano Corporation
- COMAC S.p.A
- Conquest Equipment Technologies Pty Ltd.
- Fimap S.p.A.
- Hako GmbH
- Nilfisk Group
- Polivac International Pty Ltd.
- Tennant Company
- Tornado Industries Inc.
- Numatic International Ltd.
Global Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market: Key Developments
Some of the key developments in the global industrial floor scrubbers market are as follows:
- In June 2019, Conquest Equipment Technologies launched two new floor cleaners: MXL walk-behind and BMG ride-on floor scrubber. These sustainable scrubbers contain advanced safety features.
- In May 2019, Fimap launched the Genie series of floor scrubbing machines at the Pulire Trade Fair. These new machines are compact and have larger tanks as compared to those incorporated in previous models.
- In April 2019, COMAC S.p.A. launched a new version of the ride-on scrubbing machine. The new model C85-100 is estimated to feature a 36 V machine with a volume of 180-225 liters.
- At the end of 2018, Hako GmbH acquired von Oertzen, a leading company that offers high pressure cleaning systems to clients.
- In 2017, Amano Corporation launched a new EG series of automatic floor scrubbers. The new EG series is expected to provide customers with improved usability and more safety features.
Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market: Scope of the Report
A new study on the global industrial floor scrubbers market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global industrial floor scrubbers market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global industrial floor scrubbers market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global industrial floor scrubbers market for the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on the business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global industrial floor scrubbers market. This can help readers understand the principal factors to foresee growth in the global industrial floor scrubbers market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global industrial floor scrubbers market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the global industrial floor scrubbers market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global industrial floor scrubbers market from 2019 to 2027?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies of the global industrial floor scrubbers market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global industrial floor scrubbers market?
Research Methodology – Global Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global industrial floor scrubbers market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global industrial floor scrubbers market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global industrial floor scrubbers market, as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from market leaders of the global industrial floor scrubbers market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global industrial floor scrubbers market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global industrial floor scrubbers market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Global Industrial Floor Scrubbers Market
TMR’s study on the global industrial floor scrubbers market includes information categorized into three sections - by product, by end use, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global industrial floor scrubbers market have been discussed in detail.
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Manufacturing & Warehousing
Retail & Food
Middle East & Africa