Welding Torch Wear Parts Market
Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market (Process, by Wear Part & Torch Type: MIG/MAG, TIG, Plasma; Wear Part: MIG/MAG, TIG, Plasma; Cooling Method: Water-cooled, Gas-cooled; Mode of Operation: Manual, Automatic; End-use Industry: Automotive, Construction, Demolition & Scrap, Heavy Equipment Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Yellow Goods, Others; Distribution Channel: Online & Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Use of Durable Consumables in Robotic Welding Torches Reduces Downtime Costs
There has been growing emergence of robotic welding torches in the welding torch and wear parts market. Companies in the landscape are increasing their production capabilities to develop advanced robotic torches that help maximize efficiency of the operating team in various end markets.
In order to gain increased profitability, manufacturers in the welding torch and wear parts market space are increasing R&D to enhance convenience in handling robotic welding torches. They are collaborating with the best engineers around the world to understand the dynamics of tool center point (TCP), so as to help end users achieve precision in operations. Manufacturers in the welding torch and wear parts market are adding value to robotic welding torches by using the most durable consumables during production processes. This helps companies generate scope for incremental opportunities with increased sales of robotic torches.
Companies in the welding torch and wear parts landscape are increasingly meeting the needs of end users by using hard-wearing consumables that reduce downtime costs. In this way, end users need not worry about unplanned maintenance and downtime costs.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market
Increased R&D for Design Improvements and Testing in Ultra-modern Welding Torches
In order to stay relevant in the welding torch and wear parts market, companies are running several tests to ensure the quality and durability of welding torches. They are taking these efforts to support TIG (tungsten inert gas) welding in various applications. As such, TIG welding is projected to account for the second-highest production in the welding torch and wear parts market, with an estimated output of ~1.8 billion units by the end of 2027. This is why, manufacturers in the welding torch and wear parts landscape are increasing their focus on manufacturing the best TIG welding torches to compete in the global landscape.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Innovative design improvements are being made in TIG welding torches. These innovations have led to compact neck designs in torches that are meeting the demands of end users. Companies in the welding torch and wear parts market are achieving high manufacturability goals by increasing research regarding user experiences and testing. Ultra-modern welding torches provide high adaptability in end-use applications, with reduced wrist loading. They are acquiring patents for their products to gain credibility in the global welding torch and wear parts landscape.
Air Cooling in Plasma Welding Torches Offers Cost-efficiency for End Users
Apart from innovations in MIG (metal inert gas) / MAG (metal active gas) welding, equipment manufacturers in the welding torch and wear parts market are expanding their product portfolios in plasma welding torches. Plasma welding torches is a smart approach that offers perfection in welding applications. Companies in the welding torch and wear parts ecosystem are increasing the sales of plasma welding torches by providing cutting-edge features in products that support the supply chain of stakeholders in the heavy-duty, construction, and automotive value chain.
Manufacturers in the welding torch and wear parts market are adding value to plasma torches with the help of new air cooling methodologies. End users are increasingly benefitting from air cooling, as the technique deploys the force cooling of wear parts, resulting in premium cutting performance and longer product life of the wear parts. Thus, the air cooling method provides cost-efficiency for end users.
Meeting Strict Industry Standards Becomes Prime Focus Point for Manufacturers
The welding torch and wear parts market has the potential for high growth during the forecast period. However, it is mandatory for companies to meet strict standards in the market landscape. In order to comply with stringent regulations, manufacturers in the welding torch and wear parts ecosystem are running torches and wear parts through several tests, such as measurement and heating tests to abide by the laid down norms.
Companies in the welding torch and wear parts market are running resistance and strength measurement tests of products to help end-users ensure maximum durability and reliability in TIG welding. Apart from gas cooling methods, companies are innovating in new water cooling methodologies. For instance, a water-cooled copper block is welded to measure the right heating temperature of the welding torch as per formulated industry standards. This technique is backed with the help of advanced electronic sensors. Manufacturers are investing in thermal cameras to place the sensors at optimum points to ensure that all the hot spots are included during the measurement test.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market
New developments are on the rise as far as robotic welding torches are concerned. Companies in the welding torch and wear parts market are focusing on expanding their product range in robotic welding torches. For instance, Abicor Binzel - a leading manufacturer of robotic welding torches, announced the launch of ROBO Compact W600 - an addition to its product range of liquid-cooled high-performance welding torches. However, keyhole TIG poses limitations in single-pass welding, due to the absence of additional layers to execute the welding. Thus, companies should educate end users about the usage of part positioners and rotational devices to successfully execute single-pass welding. They should also run several tests to comply with strict industry standards.
Global Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the global welding torch and wear parts market for the period of 2019–2027 (wherein, 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period and 2018 is the base year), increase in vehicle production coupled with growth of the construction and manufacturing industries is anticipated to propel the welding torch and wear parts market, worldwide.
- The global welding torch and wear parts market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% over the period of forecast.
Growth in Number of Vehicles: A Key Driver of Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market
- The welding torch and wear parts market has been experiencing exponential growth in the last couple of years, owing to rise in the demand for passenger and commercial vehicles. Increase in disposable income and growing road connectivity are prime factors responsible for the rising demand for four wheeler and two wheeler vehicles. In the international automotive industry, in 2017, passenger car production experienced a growth of 2.4% over the previous year. This is anticipated to boost the welding torch and wear parts market to a significant extent.
- Additionally, as per the data published by the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, total commercial vehicle production across the world stood at 25 million units, out of which, the U.S. accounted for the highest share of approximately 33%, followed by China with 17%, in 2018. Thus, the demand for welding torch and wear parts is anticipated to grow with the growing number of passenger and commercial vehicles, thereby leading to the growth of the welding torch and wear parts market during the forecast period.
Growth in Construction & Manufacturing Industries to Drive Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market
- Construction & manufacturing industries have been experiencing unprecedented growth in the last couple of years. Rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing countries are factors leading to increased construction projects, which, in turn, is expected to fuel the growth of the welding torch and wear parts market.
- Welding torches used by skilled operators are usually designed according to pre-defined mandates and a set of compliance rules to ensure that the joints are strong and immune to jostling and rust. Ranging from metal active gas to submerged arc to manual metal arc, various welding processes are used at construction sites around the world to serve unique needs. All these factors are anticipated to boost the demand for welding torch and wear parts.
Unskilled Labor: A Key Restraining Factor of the Market
- One of the major issues hindering growth of the welding torch and wear parts market is unskilled labor. Problems can occur in the event of lack of proper welding training. Welders should have proper knowledge of reducing the welding current and arc length to avoid spatter along with increasing the torch-to-plate angle. They should also ensure that the welding torches have no leaks, and make sure that the torch-to-plate angle is the correct size to avoid porosity. Lack of these required skills is anticipated to hamper the growth of the welding torch and wear parts market.
- Also, the person performing the welding activity has to ensure that the welding torch and wear parts are in good condition. For this purpose, it is crucial that the technician has adequate knowledge of the process. The welder should be able to deal with changing welding positions. All these factors restrict the growth of the welding torch and wear parts market.
Rising Prospects in Untapped Markets: Opportunity for Market Growth
- The welding torch and wear parts markets in North America and Europe are mature ones, due to high automation levels and stringent laws & regulations in these regions.
- Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America are experiencing robust growth in the demand for welding torch and wear parts, owing to increasing demand for passenger and commercial vehicles. Increase in disposable income, and growth in industries such as construction and manufacturing, as well as in sports, is augmenting the growth of the welding torches and wear parts markets in these regions.
- Asia Pacific is the powerhouse for vehicles sales growth. An average of 5.2% year-on-year growth was witnessed in Asia Pacific in 2017. The welding torch and wear parts market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period with such an exponential growth in the demand for vehicles.
Increasing Automation Levels and Compact Size of Welding Torches: Key Trend
- Manufacturers are looking for continual upgrades of technology with increasing automation levels. They are focusing on flexible machines that are smaller in size, with higher efficiency and productivity.
- Small and compact torches are extensively demanded in the commercial sector, and have the same features and advantages as original torches; they fit in approximately half the space with a cost advantage. This is one of the key trends in the welding torch and wear parts market from the demand side.
Growing Number of New Product Launches: Another Key Trend
- Rising number of new product launches is another key trend in the welding torch and wear parts market from the demand side.
- The welding industry regularly introduces new product lines with a short product-development cycle. Each new product cycle brings increased performance requirements and enhancements in product quality. At the same time, there is pressure for new products to be more affordable, both, in their initial production cost and overall life-cycle cost.
Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers in the welding torch & wear parts market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the global welding torch and wear parts market include
- Ador Welding Ltd.
- Colfax Corporation
- ABICOR BINZEL
- Harris Products Group
- American Torch Tip
- Panasonic Industry
- EWM AG
- Fronius International GmbH
- Migatronic A/S
- Parweld Ltd
- SKS Welding Systems
- TBi Industries GmbH
- Welding Engineers
- The Lincoln Electric Company
- Trafimet Group Spa
- Tokin Corporation, etc.
Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market: Key Developments
- In November 2018, ESAB Welding & Cutting Products (under Colfax Corporation) improved the consumables of its iSeries high precision plasma systems for plasma beveling applications.
- In 2018, ABICOR BINZEL introduced the plasma arc welding system - ABIPLAS WELD CT/MT - for ratings up to 300 A with a fixed torch neck (MT) and exchangeable torch neck (CT).
- In July 2019, Bernard and Tregaskiss showcased consumable and MIG Gun Solutions at FABTECH 2019.
- In November 2018, American Torch Tip declared that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) had issued US Patent 10,129,970 for its CleanCut Nozzle sTechnology.
Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market: Scope of the Report
A new study on the global welding torch and wear parts market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global welding torch and wear parts market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global welding torch and wear parts market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analysis, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global welding torch and wear parts market for the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on the business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global welding torch and wear parts market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global welding torch and wear parts market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global welding torch and wear parts market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the welding torch and wear parts market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global welding torch and wear parts market from 2019 and 2027?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global welding torch and wear parts market?
- What is the price variations of welding torches and their wear parts in different countries?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global welding torch and wear parts market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global welding torch and wear parts market?
Research Methodology – Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global welding torch and wear parts market, and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global welding torch and wear parts market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the welding torch and wear parts market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from welding torch and wear parts industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global welding torch and wear parts market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global welding torch and wear parts market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Welding Torch and Wear Parts Market
TMR’s study on the global welding torch and wear parts market includes information categorized into six sections-by process, by wear part & torch type; by wear part; by cooling method; by mode of operation; by end-use Industry; distribution channel; and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the welding torch and wear parts market are discussed in detail.
Process, by Wear Part & Torch Type
Mode of Operation
Demolition & Scrap
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
Oil & Gas
Middle East & Africa