Electronically Commutated Motors Market
Electronically Commutated Motors Market (Product: Constant Air Flow, Constant Torque, Constant Speed; Power: 0 – 750 W, 750 W – 3 kW, 3 kW – 75 kW, Above 75 kW; Industry: Consumer Electronics, Transport, Heating & Ventilation, Industrial Engineering, and Model Engineering) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Growing Application in Heating & Ventilation to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
The demand for efficient machines that improve overall function of a system requiring minimum maintenance has been instrumental in the widespread adoption of electronically commutated motors. Based on this underlying trend in the global industrial scenario, according to a recently published report by TMR, the electronically commutated motors market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of ~5% by total volume sales during the forecast period.
In recent years, electronically commutated motors have found application across industries, due to their versatility. Because they have a higher overall efficiency factor, and are consequently also considered greener alternatives, they are helping end users align with global energy-efficiency targets. As of 2018, consumer electronics held a significant share of ~US$ 2.5 Bn of the total market revenue, and is expected to expand the fastest at ~6% by 2027.
Improved end user comfort is a significant trend in the market, which has a direct impact on the evolution of the larger electronic appliances market in general, and the electronically commutated motors market in particular. With heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) becoming increasingly indispensable since their advent, their operational efficiency that contributes to their success rests on the efficiency of the motors in them. The preference for airflow that is consistent and silent is addressed by electronically commutated motors, which help maintain constant temperatures, while also being energy-efficient.
The increasing popularity of electronically commutated motors in the HVAC sector has led to this segment growing at an average of ~5% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Profitable Prospects in APAC Market
With increased efficiency of these motors driving popularity, the global electronically commutated motors market has experienced healthy growth in recent years, and is likely to continue in the same manner in the near future. According to historical figures of 2018, Asia Pacific held a market share of ~30% by value, which can be attributed the increased demand coming from developing countries, where existing infrastructure is growing. This is the fastest-growing region, projected to expand at a rate of ~6% during the forecast period. Occupying significant shares in the global landscape are the regional markets of North America and Europe, which collectively accounted for around half of the total market share in 2018.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electronically Commutated Motors Market
Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Completion Landscape
The electronically commutated motors market is a moderately consolidated landscape, with the top players such as ABB Group, Siemens, Weg Industries, Parker Hannifin Corp, Nidec Motor Corporation, Maxon Motor AG, Bühler Motor GmbH, and Kollmorgen Corp accounting for ~45% of the global market share. Key stakeholders in the market are increasingly focusing on research & development to expand their product ranges and portfolios as a business expansion strategy. An example of this is the announcement made by Siemens that it plans to extend its portfolio of Simogear, which is marketed as being compact, rugged, and energy-efficient.
Players in the electronically commutated motors market are also looking to strengthen their position in the landscape by expanding their geographical presence, globally. For instance, in April 2019, Maxon Motor announced the opening of a new facility in North America, which is likely to expand its operations and capabilities in the region.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Electronically Commutated Motors Market”
The global electronically commutated motors market is expected to grow at a steady pace of ~6% over the forecast period. With the efficiency of these motors increasing, they are increasingly finding application across industries. Manufacturers making inroads into the consumer electronics and heating & ventilation sectors are likely to experience maximum gains in the foreseeable future.
Government regulations across the world are pushing the transition to efficient electronically commutated motors to replace PSC induction motors in the residential sector, which is expected to have a positive impact on the market. Players should capitalise on this by focusing their strategy on penetrating into the Asia Pacific and North American regions, which are the fastest-growing regional markets in the global scenario.
Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Definition/Overview
- Electronically commutated motors are electric brushless motors with permanent magnets situated on the rotor.
- Electronically commutated motors are durable due to minimum physical contact within the moving components.
- These motors consume less electricity as compared to induction motors, and hence, find application in the ventilation & refrigeration industry, electric vehicles, cordless tools, industrial engineering, motion control systems, aeromodelling, positioning & actuation systems, radio control cars, etc.
- Due to their growing popularity in various end-use industries, the global electronically commutated motors market is expected to grow at a decent pace during the forecast period.
Global Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most attractive market for electronically commutated motors during the forecast period, due to rapid industrialization and infrastructural development. Manufacturers are entering the Asia Pacific region in order to gain a significant market share.
- North America and Europe are expected to be other major markets for electronically commutated motors. Technological advancements and changing lifestyles of people living in urban areas, which is leading to a rise in the demand for consumer electronics, are anticipated to drive the electronically commutated motors market in these regions. Growth of the heat & ventilation sector and requirement of constant air flow will be key factors fueling the expansion of the electronically commutated motors markets in North America and Europe.
- The electronically commutated motors markets in South America and the Middle East & Africa are expected to witness slow growth during the forecast period.
Global Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Trends
- Electronically commutated motors provide control over airflow, serial communication, and allow programmability, which is useful in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Electronically commutated motors are used in the automobile sector as well. Growing concerns for the environment and adoption of electric vehicles will drive the global electronically commutated motors market.
- Energy regulations laid down by governing authorities around the globe are anticipated to boost the entry of new players in the global electronically commutated motors market.
- Several electronically commutated motor manufacturers are investing heavily in R&D for the improvement of their motors, as they are used in various industries and consumer electronics.
Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Electronically commutated motors have gained immense popularity across the globe due to their high efficiency, performance, controllability, and reliability.
- As electronically commutated motors have a wide application base, the demand for efficient consumer electronic products will fuel the growth of the market for electronically commutated motors.
- Several companies are replacing existing motors with electronically commutated motors due to their high efficiency, controllability, and cost saving characteristics. AC motors were widely used in the HVAC industry, but now electronically commutated motors are being preferred.
- The introduction of smart synchronous permanent magnet motors may act a restraint for the electronically commutated motors market. Smart synchronous motors eliminate the power conversion process after the motor starts.
- High end-user satisfaction, energy efficiency, greener solutions, and regulatory compliance will drive the global electronically commutated motors market during the forecast period
Global Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Key Segments
- The global electronically commutated motors market has been segmented based on product, power, industry, and region.
- Based on product, the constant air flow segment accounted for a leading share of the global electronically commutated motors market in 2018. The segment is projected to expand at a significant rate in the near future, as constant air flow electronically commutated motors can reduce air noise, provide a soft start/stop, and change the airflow as and when required.
- In terms of power, the 0 – 75 W segment accounted for a major share of the electronically commutated motors market in 2018. It is estimated to maintain its dominant position during the forecast period.
- On the basis of industry, the heating & ventilation segment held a major share of the global electronically commutated motors market, followed by the consumer electronics segment. The heating & ventilation segment is anticipated to witness substantial growth during the forecast period.
- Manufacturers of electronically commutated motors are expanding their business to new geographies. The end markets and applications of electronically commutated motors are diverse. The global electronically commutated motors market is strongly dependent on the consumer electronics, heating & ventilation, industrial engineering, and transportation industries. The global electronically commutated motors market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Electronically Commutated Motors Market: Competition Landscape
- Established manufacturers operating in the global electronically commutated motors market are facing tough competition, owing to technological advancements. Market players often use price/quality characteristics to position their brands.
- Major players operating in the global electronically commutated motors market include
- ABB Group
- Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Nidec Motor Corporation
- ASTRO Motorengesellschaft mbH & Co.KG
- ALLIED MOTION TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- Maxon motor AG
- Bühler Motor GmbH
- Kollmorgen Corp.
Electronically Commutated Motors Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the electronically commutated motors market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the global electronically commutated motors market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2017 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global electronically commutated motors market also provides data on the developments of important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the market landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the global electronically commutated motors market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in Electronically Commutated Motors Market Report
- How much revenue will the global electronically commutated motors market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which type of motor is likely to hold the maximum market share by 2027?
- Which regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall electronically commutated motors market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the global electronically commutated motors market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the global electronically commutated motors market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the global electronically commutated motors market?
This report answers these questions and more about the global electronically commutated motors market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Electronically Commutated Motors Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global electronically commutated motors market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the global electronically commutated motors market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the electronically commutated motors market have arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate numbers and figures of the global electronically commutated motors market, with both, a bottom-up and top-down approach. This detailed assessment of the global electronically commutated motors market, along with an overview of the landscape, has been provided based on careful examination of the avenues related to this market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global electronically commutated motors market is projected to grow are based on carefully-vetted primary and secondary sources.
Global Electronically Commutated Motors Market – Segmentation
This report on the global electronically commutated motors market provides information on the basis of product, power, industry, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global electronically commutated motors market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market. The study also offers value chain analysis, technology analysis, consumer buying behavior, brand analysis, price trend analysis, and SWOT analysis of the global electronically commutated motors market, in order to elaborate crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.