Laser flash instruments: massive equipment to measure thermal diffusivity and conductivity
- A laser flash instrument is used for the measurement of thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity of materials ranging from room temperature to thousands of degree Celsius (°C) in order to calculate thermal conductivity also. The distinctive design of these instruments incorporates proprietary laser, laser optics, detector, and furnace technologies, and along with the unique six-position sample carousel, ensures high accuracy in measurement and sample throughput.
- Different manufacturers are producing new laser flash advanced freestanding instruments for ease of usage. These instruments have the ability to operate in a variety of atmospheric conditions, including inert gas or under vacuum, and they can be made of a wide variety of materials including polymers, ceramics, carbons, graphite, composites, glasses, metals, and alloys.
- The global laser flash instrument market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to advancements in new products manufactured by major players and continuous developments in the laser flash technology
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key drivers of global laser flash instrument market
- The global laser flash instrument market is expected to be driven by various advanced features offered by manufacturers of laser flash instruments. For example, thermal conductivity and diffusivity are measured in a precise and accurate manner for smooth and hassle-free manufacture of certain products.
- Manufacturers are also making continuous efforts for the advancement in laser flash instruments by incorporating high-sensitivity IR detectors to attain an optimum signal-to-noise ratio, which delivers the maximum accuracy over the entire temperature range
- Another factor boosting the global laser flash instrument market is real-time pulse mapping for achieving accuracy of thermal diffusivity for accurate testing of thin and highly conductive materials
- Companies operating in the global laser flash instrument market are investing in expansion of their product portfolios and improvement in their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for laser flash instrument across different regions.
Increasing demand for instruments for highly sensitive and accurate diffusivity measurement to boost global market
- Researchers and manufacturers are conducting continuous research on advanced laser flash instruments. These advanced equipment can measure thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity of materials at a high temperature that ranges up to thousands of degree Celsius.
- Advanced laser flash instruments are also available with a distinct design that incorporates proprietary technologies of laser, laser optics, detector, and furnace, and along with the unique multi-position sample carousel, ensures high accuracy in measurement and sample throughput
- Moreover, these instruments are being incorporated with the ability to operate in a variety of atmospheric conditions, including inert gas or under vacuum. These laser flash instruments are available in a wide variety of materials including polymers, ceramics, carbons, graphite, composites, glasses, metals, and alloys.
- Benefits offered by laser flash instruments and ongoing advancements in these instruments are key drivers of the global market for laser flash instruments
To get glimpse of what our report offers, Ask for a report brochure
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Laser Flash Instrument Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of laser flash instruments, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region, as various manufacturers and suppliers of laser flash instruments are based in China.
- The laser flash instrument market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at the most rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increasing investments in medical and manufacturing industries in the region.
- Several manufacturers are launching new products in the global market for laser flash instruments. For instance, KYOTO ELECTRONICS MNUFACTURRING CO., LTD has recently launched LFA-502, a thermal measurement device based on measurement principles of the laser flash method. The device uses the laser flash method for measurement of thermal conductivity rate coefficient of thermal diffusivity/specific heat and thermal conductivity rate.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global laser flash instrument market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global laser flash instrument market are:
- Edinburgh Instruments Ltd.
- Modulight Inc.
- TA Instruments
- KYOTO ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH
- Linseis GmbH
Global Laser Flash Instrument Market: Research Scope
Global Laser Flash Instrument Market, by Source
- Monochromatic (Single Wavelength)
- Coherent (Unidirectional)
- Collimated (Parallel)
Global Laser Flash Instrument Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.