Laser flash instruments: massive equipment to measure thermal diffusivity and conductivity
- A laser flash instrument is used for the measurement of thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity of materials ranging from room temperature to thousands of degree Celsius (°C) in order to calculate thermal conductivity also. The distinctive design of these instruments incorporates proprietary laser, laser optics, detector, and furnace technologies, and along with the unique six-position sample carousel, ensures high accuracy in measurement and sample throughput.
- Different manufacturers are producing new laser flash advanced freestanding instruments for ease of usage. These instruments have the ability to operate in a variety of atmospheric conditions, including inert gas or under vacuum, and they can be made of a wide variety of materials including polymers, ceramics, carbons, graphite, composites, glasses, metals, and alloys.
- The global laser flash instrument market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to advancements in new products manufactured by major players and continuous developments in the laser flash technology
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key drivers of global laser flash instrument market
- The global laser flash instrument market is expected to be driven by various advanced features offered by manufacturers of laser flash instruments. For example, thermal conductivity and diffusivity are measured in a precise and accurate manner for smooth and hassle-free manufacture of certain products.
- Manufacturers are also making continuous efforts for the advancement in laser flash instruments by incorporating high-sensitivity IR detectors to attain an optimum signal-to-noise ratio, which delivers the maximum accuracy over the entire temperature range
- Another factor boosting the global laser flash instrument market is real-time pulse mapping for achieving accuracy of thermal diffusivity for accurate testing of thin and highly conductive materials
- Companies operating in the global laser flash instrument market are investing in expansion of their product portfolios and improvement in their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for laser flash instrument across different regions.
Increasing demand for instruments for highly sensitive and accurate diffusivity measurement to boost global market
- Researchers and manufacturers are conducting continuous research on advanced laser flash instruments. These advanced equipment can measure thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity of materials at a high temperature that ranges up to thousands of degree Celsius.
- Advanced laser flash instruments are also available with a distinct design that incorporates proprietary technologies of laser, laser optics, detector, and furnace, and along with the unique multi-position sample carousel, ensures high accuracy in measurement and sample throughput
- Moreover, these instruments are being incorporated with the ability to operate in a variety of atmospheric conditions, including inert gas or under vacuum. These laser flash instruments are available in a wide variety of materials including polymers, ceramics, carbons, graphite, composites, glasses, metals, and alloys.
- Benefits offered by laser flash instruments and ongoing advancements in these instruments are key drivers of the global market for laser flash instruments
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Laser Flash Instrument Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of laser flash instruments, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region, as various manufacturers and suppliers of laser flash instruments are based in China.
- The laser flash instrument market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at the most rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This can be attributed to increasing investments in medical and manufacturing industries in the region.
- Several manufacturers are launching new products in the global market for laser flash instruments. For instance, KYOTO ELECTRONICS MNUFACTURRING CO., LTD has recently launched LFA-502, a thermal measurement device based on measurement principles of the laser flash method. The device uses the laser flash method for measurement of thermal conductivity rate coefficient of thermal diffusivity/specific heat and thermal conductivity rate.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global laser flash instrument market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global laser flash instrument market are:
- Edinburgh Instruments Ltd.
- Modulight Inc.
- TA Instruments
- KYOTO ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH
- Linseis GmbH
Global Laser Flash Instrument Market: Research Scope
Global Laser Flash Instrument Market, by Source
- Monochromatic (Single Wavelength)
- Coherent (Unidirectional)
- Collimated (Parallel)
Global Laser Flash Instrument Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.