Label Papers Market: An Overview
Labeling is a relatively economical process, however, it provides multiple functionalities to the package. It enables the manufacturer to put branding and product information as well as make the product stand out among other products. Labels are used for transporting information to customers as well as to help secure and trace packages during transit. Labels can be printed on papers as well as films depending upon the specific needs of the end user. Papers are used for printing labels as they are cost-effective and provide versatile finishing options such as matte, gloss, textured, and more.
Label Papers Market: Dynamics
The growth of the market can be attributed to the shifting preferences of brand owners and their increased focus on consumer convenience as well as the need for reducing packaging waste. This is expected to drive the demand for label papers. Increase in the consumption of packaged food and the growing presence of retail chains in developed as well as emerging economies is further fuelling the demand for label papers. Moreover, the steady demand for security labels in food packaging and pharmaceutical packaging has translated into the demand for label papers. The demand for label papers is also being driven by the relatively low cost with which labeling can be replaced or changed, coupled with a continuing need for security features for packaging solutions.
However, labels printed on label papers absorb water and become saturated. This results in the ripping or wrinkling of the label. Hence, manufacturers prefer film face stocks for applications where the package is likely to be exposed to water. This is likely to hamper the growth of the label papers market during the forecast period.
Manufacturers operating in the market are expanding their existing product lines and launching new products to gain a competitive edge. Examples of the same are listed below:
- In September 2018, Verso Corporation announced the launch of three new specialty label papers, namely OptiLabel™ HB, OptiPrime™ Inkjet WS and OptiLitho™ C1S. This will expand the product portfolio of the company and is expected to make it the leading producer of label papers in North America.
- In August 2017, Sappi Limited launched a new range of face stock label papers namely, Parade Face Stock C1S and Parade Face Stock Vellum. They are suitable for applications that require self-adhesion such as stickers and price tags.
Label Papers Market: Segmentation
Globally, the label papers market has been segmented on the basis of product type, coating, weight, and end use.
On the basis of product type, the global label papers market has been segmented into-
- Wet Glue Label Papers
- Face Stock Label Papers
On the basis of coating, the global label papers market has been segmented into-
- One- Side Coated
- Two- Side Coated
On the basis of weight, the global label papers market has been segmented into-
- Up to 60 gsm
- 60 gsm – 70 gsm
- 70 gsm – 90 gsm
- 90 gsm and above
On the basis of end uses, the global label papers market has been segmented into-
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Goods
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Label Papers Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global market is segmented into seven major regions as- Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Middle East & Africa, and Japan. The U.S. market is expected to witness moderate growth due to a steady demand for paper-based flexible packaging solutions in the region. About 60% of the labels are used in the packaging of food and beverages. The growing consumption of packaged food and beverages in the developing countries of Asia Pacific, such as India, China, and Indonesia, is expected to propel the overall demand for label papers in the region.
Label Papers Market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in market are Twin Rivers Paper Company; Reich Paper; Neenah, Inc.; Avery Dennison Corporation; Sappi Limited; Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj; Mitsubishi HiTec Paper Europe GmbH; True Green Enterprises, Inc. and Verso Corporation. Several local and unorganized players are also expected to contribute to the global label papers market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.