- A hydrometer is an instrument used for measuring some characteristics of a liquid such as specific gravity or relative density based on the concept of buoyancy
- A hydrometer is made up of a thin glass or plastic tube sealed at both ends with a printed scale calibrated to a specific gravity
- Hydrometers can be divided into two general classes: for liquids heavier than water and liquids lighter than water
- Hydrometers are manufactured in accordance with national and international standards such as DIN, BS, ASTM, and ISO
- A hydrometer is classified based on scale type that includes specific gravity, API gravity, brix scale, Baume scale, Twaddell scale, and others
- Hydrometers are used in various fields such as petrochemicals, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverages
Growing Demand for Hydrometers in Petrochemical Industry
- Hydrometers are largely used in the petrochemical industry for the testing of oil and petroleum products. Hydrometers which are used in the petrochemical industry are specifically designed in accordance with national and international standards.
- These hydrometers are available calibrated for liquids of low surface tension. Moreover, multiple companies and governments are investing significantly in the petrochemical and environmental fluid mechanics field, which is anticipated to boost the growth of the market in the coming years.
- Technological advancements are encouraging manufacturers to continually engage in development of hydrometers in such a way that they offer accurate results for users
- The exponential adoption of hydrometers in the petrochemical industry for the testing of oil and petroleum products is propelling the growth and development of the market
- Demand for hydrometers in the petrochemical industry is growing, which is expected to drive the global hydrometer market during the forecast period
- However, lack of standardization of hydrometers is expected to moderately restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period
North America to Lead the Hydrometer Market
- In terms of region, the global hydrometer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global hydrometer market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of hydrometers operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in hydrometers which is expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
- The hydrometer market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Hydrometer Market
The global hydrometer market was highly fragmented in 2020. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for hydrometers. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global hydrometer market are:
- Density Analytics, LLC
- Eagle Eye Power Solutions, LLC.
- Koehler Instrument Co., Inc.
- Ludwig Schneider
- METTLER TOLEDO
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
- Swastik Scientific Company
- Terriss Consolidated Industries, Inc.
- Yokota Keiki Seisakusho Co., Ltd.
- Zeca S.P.A.
Global Hydrometer Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrometer Market, by Scale Type
- Specific Gravity
- API Gravity
- Brix Scale
- Baume Scale
- Twaddell scale
Global Hydrometer Market, by Type
- Alcohol meter
- Battery Hydrometer
Global Hydrometer Market, by End-use
- Food & Beverages
Global Hydrometer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.