High Barrier Film Laminates Market: Overview
High barrier film laminates are packaging solutions that are typically used in preserving, protecting and extending the shelf-life of food products in food & beverage industries. The impervious nature of the High barrier film laminates has indigenous application in Bakery Products, Dehydrated foods and beverages, Pet food and Frozen foods as high barrier film laminates are resistant to highly perishable, gas, oxygen, and moisture.
High Barrier Film Laminates Market: Dynamics
High barrier film laminates in food & beverage industry provide excellent aroma protection and longer shelf life to the perishable food products with outstanding thermoforming properties. High-barrier film laminates are manufactured to achieve optimal product shape adaptation and guarantee a high corner resting thickness for the food containers in food and non-food industry. Also the gloss and transparency provide an attractive feel. High barrier film laminates are used in the food and non-food industry for a wide range of applications.
Depending on the requirements and subsequent fields of use barrier films are made. Together with the success of microwave cooking, busier consumer lifestyles and the consequent demand for convenience items have led the demand for high barrier film laminates, for example, to the growing use of microwaveable retort ready meals packaged in trays and stand-up pouches. High-barrier film laminates for flexible packaging items, such as retort bags, are challenging rigid packaging types for a wide range of food products, such as metal tins and glass jars.
In many of the major cities in developing countries, domestic supermarkets / hypermarkets are expanding and are now taking an increasing share of food and drink consumption. International retail chains are also expanding their reach in developing markets, further increasing the demand for high barriers film laminates market packaging, bringing more customers into contact with Western shopping trends.
As in most other industries, packaging demand is affected by the economic cycle, while discretionary consumer spending on food and drink packaging shows much greater stability over the economic cycle than some non-food markets. The growth output of some non-food markets for high barrier film laminates packaging content, including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and toiletries, is much more prone to fluctuate for consumer’s real disposable income.
Technology Advancements in High Barrier Film Laminates Market
- Converters are developing innovative flexible packaging products, opening up new market markets for flexible packaging especially for high barrier film laminates. Specific designs and beautifully designed pouch packages provide distinction, allowing branded products to stand out on the shelf.
- Polymer Nano composites are a growing class of packaging materials which at relatively high cost offer added value for end users, material reduction and enhanced barrier protection designed for high barrier film laminates market.
- Flex Films (USA) Inc. has engineered FLEXMETPROTECTTM F-HMB film which is a high barrier film laminates designed by adhesion of metal on BOPET base film which increase the demand of high barrier film laminates in flexible packaging market.
High Barrier Film Laminates Market: Segmentation
Globally the high barrier film laminates market is segmented by material, end-users, packaging types.
Based on the type of material used, high barrier film laminates market is segmented into:
- Ethylene vinyl alcohol
- Biaxial – oriented polyethylene terephthalate
Based on the type of application, high barrier film laminates market can be segmented into:
- Decorative application
- Sandwich Laminations
- Lidding Applications
- Pouch Packaging
Based on the type of application, high barrier film laminates market can be segmented into:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Consumer packaging
- Food & beverage packaging
- Personal care & cosmetics
High Barrier Film Laminates Market: Regional Outlook
Consumption of high barrier film laminates is highly concentrated in the Asia-Pacific regions with countries such as India, where China accounts for a large percentage of market share in the global high barrier film laminates market.
The high barrier film laminates market is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period with rise in disposable income and growth in food industry in the Asia-Pacific region.
Developing and emerging economies are expected to expand in market twice as fast as the advanced countries and offer the best prospects for the market for high-barrier packaging films.
High Barrier Film Laminates Market: Key Players
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- Uflex Ltd
- SRF Limited
- Polyplex Corporation Ltd
- DUNMORE Corporation
- Toray Plastics (America)
- Jindal Films Americas LLC
- Hongcheng Telecommunication Material Co. Ltd.
- Dongguan City Best Craftwork Products Co., Ltd.
- Wenzhou Starlead Film Material Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin TEDA Ganghua Trade Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Pengyuan New Material Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Kingsign International Trade Co., Ltd
- Huizhou Yang Rui Printing and Packaging Co., Ltd.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on high barrier film laminates market segments and geographies.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.