Self-heating Food Packaging Market
Self-heating Food Packaging Market (Packaging Type: Cans, Bottles, and Pouches; and End Use: Food [Ready-to-eat Food, Confectionery, and Baby Food] and Beverage [Soups and Tea & Coffee]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Evolving Consumer Taste and Lifestyle Changes to Drive Demand
Consumer trends, preferences, and niche interests have played an important role in the development of the food & beverages sector. In the past few years, packaging trends in the food & beverages sector have also witnessed large-scale evolution as a result of the growing consumer appetite for ready-to-eat, convenient, mildly processed food products with long shelf life and high quality levels. Lifestyle changes have played a substantial role in bringing about noteworthy changes in modern-day food packaging wherein self-heating food packaging has garnered significant popularity. The packaging sector is gradually moving away from traditional packaging techniques and toward recently developed innovative techniques, including intelligent packaging, active packaging, and bioactive packaging.
In recent times, intelligent packaging has gained immense traction, and with it, the demand for self-heating food packaging has increased at a substantial pace. Significant development in packaging technologies and growing adoption of intelligent packaging devices, including time-temperature indicators, sensors, self-cooling, and self-heating containers wherein electronic displays are embedded, are likely to boost the growth of the self-heating food packaging market during the forecast period.
Personalization is another key trend that has gained significant momentum within the self-heating food packaging market. The growing trend of personalization, advent of new patented self-heating food packaging technologies, and shift toward holistic products are some of the major factors that are likely to drive the global self-heating food packaging market during the forecast period. The market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 77 Mn by 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Self-heating Food Packaging Market
Indolent Consumers Boost Demand for Self-heating Food Packaging
Fast-paced consumer lifestyles, particularly in urban areas across the world, have opened up new avenues within the food & beverages and food packaging space. While stakeholders up the ante in their pursuit of innovative packaging solutions, interests in self-heating food packaging solutions have moved in the upward direction in the past few years. Heat insulator layers are increasingly being used in the self-heating food packaging market to prevent external heat from interacting with the food stored inside the food container.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Furthermore, self-heating food packaging, which was predominantly used by field engineers and military personnel, is now becoming a part of the routine among indolent consumers. Moreover, self-heating food packaging is also gaining popularity among parents who have to travel around with their babies. Although the self-heating food packaging market is at the nascent stage, growing consumer awareness regarding the functionality and benefits of self-heating food packaging is likely to create significant demand during the forecast period (2019-2027).
Stakeholders Focus on Innovations and Product Launches to Gain Advantage
Evolving consumer interests are projected to strongly influence the growth of the self-heating food packaging market in the coming years. Stakeholders in the current market landscape are expected to monitor these evolving consumer preferences and develop products in sync with these demands. Additionally, brands are also expected to increase investments in the self-heating technology to improve their self-heating food packaging offerings. While beverages are expected to generate more revenue for market players in the self-heating food packaging market, revenues from food are projected to increase at a considerable rate during the forecast period.
Brands are focusing on launching new products to increase their presence and foothold in the self-heating food packaging market landscape. For instance, in 2018, a Chinese company, Ba Shu Lan Ren launched a self-heating mini hot-pot wherein any type of instant food that requires water, including mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, and vegetables, can be cooked. While the product was available for sale across e-Commerce platforms in countries of Eastern Asia, the company announced that the product is likely to hit the markets in the West post the approval of the FDA.
In September 2018, Spanish player 42 Degrees acquired a patent and technology for self-heating cans, which enable the company to produce as much as 10 million self-heating cans annually. The recently developed self-heating cans can be used to heat an array of beverages, including liquid foods, tea, and coffee. Apart from expanding their product portfolio, participants in the self-heating food packaging market are expected to focus on product pricing, branding, and marketing strategies.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Self-heating Food Packaging Market
The global self-heating food packaging market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3% during the forecast period. Evolving consumer preferences, advent of new self-heating technologies, and rising investments in research and development are some of the factors that are expected to fuel the growth of the self-heating food packaging market. Companies are likely to focus on product innovations and invest in new technologies to develop products with improved capabilities. As the self-heating food packaging market in the Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest growth during the forecast period, stakeholders should align their operations to leverage opportunities in this region to increase their presence in the current market landscape.
Self-heating Food Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global self-heating food packaging market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, the market is anticipated to be driven by the increasing demand for packaging that offers self-heating features within the packaging itself when consumers are on-the-go
- The global self-heating food packaging market is projected to expand 1.3x its current market value by the end of 2027
Rising Adoption of Self-heating Food Packaging in Beverage Industry to Boost Sales
The global self-heating food packaging market is expected register a value CAGR of 3% during the next eight years. Demand for ready-to-consume edible products, increasing number of on-the-go consumers, and increasing consumer spending on packaged food and beverage products are key factors contributing significantly to the growth of global self-heating food packaging market.
- As per TMR analysis, the beverages industry is anticipated to account for prominent market share, by end use, during the forecast period 2019-2027. End users prefer cans and bottles for the packaging of liquid products such as soups, tea, and coffee. Moreover, increasing demand for self-heating food packaging has been witnessed more from the beverage industry.
- Most of the fast-moving consumers prefer self-heating packaged food products over traditional packaged food products, attributable to the elimination of an external heating source required to heat food and beverage products before consumption.
Multiple Benefits of Using Self-heating Food Packaging to Propel Market Growth
- Self-heating food packaging encompasses cans, pouches, and bottles. This innovative packaging solution provides lucrative benefits such as-
- Convenient and Instant Use
- Self-heating food packaging is a highly convenient packaging solution for packaging food and beverages. Consumers can instantly and conveniently heat food and beverages products in self-heating packaging anywhere.
- Long Shelf-Life for Lyophilized Food Products
- Self-heating packaging enables food products to be packaged at room temperatures, and can heat them from normal room temperature to heating temperature appropriate for the product.
- Time and Energy Efficient
- Use of products in self-heating packaging saves time and energy for fast moving commuters, enabling them to consume food and beverages on-the-go. Self-heating packaging takes less than 15-20 minutes for heating its contents before consumption. This packaging solution is intended to be used for single serve, and must be discarded after consumption.
- Packaging at Adequate Temperature (room temperature)
- Food products such as baby food, hot chocolate, coffee, and soups in self-heating packaging can be stored at room temperature and can be heated and consumed instantly. No additional external source of heating is required.
- Complete and Integrated Packaging Solution
- Self-heating packaging offers a complete self-heating solution, integrating seamlessly with conventionally processed food and prepared beverage packaging solutions
- These advantages offered by self-heating food packaging over conventional packaging solutions are expected to increase the adoption of the former and support growth of the self-heating food packaging market
North America to Dominate Global Market with High Demand
- TMR’s team found that North America is dominating the global self-heating packaging market, attributable to the increasing number of consumers with busier and fast moving life-styles that prefer on-go food. North America is anticipated to account for more than 40% of the total market share in the global self-heating food packaging market during the forecast period. Europe is expected to witness a positive outlook over the forecast period, the growth rate is estimated to be sluggish.
- Millions of dollars were invested in research & development in the global self-heating food packaging market for developing self-heating packaging solutions, owing to rising demand for on-the-go food packaging across the above mentioned regions.
- The U.S.-based beverage packaging company HeatGenie, LLC, which is a manufacturer of self-heating aluminum can, has received an amount of US$ 6 Mn funded by ARTIS Labs, with additional investment from Almanac Investments and private individual for development of self-heating beverage cans.
Weak Distribution Network and Low Consumer Awareness to Hamper Market Growth
- Weak distribution networks for self-heating food packaging solutions has led to low availability of these products. This has stagnated sales of self-heating food packaging solutions in the past few years.
- Awareness among consumers about the benefits offered by on-the-go food with self-heating packaging is relatively very low, and conventional packaging formats are predominant even in mature markets such as Europe and North America.
Self-heating Food Packaging Market - Competition Landscape
- Some key players that are profiled in the global self-heating food packaging market report are
- Tempra Technology
- The 42 Degrees Company
- Heat Food & Drink Ltd
- Luxfer Magtech Inc.
- HeatGen, LLC.
- TMR has identified HeatGen, LLC., and Tempra Technology as players that hold a maximum market share in the global self-heating food packaging market. The intensity of competition is expected to be on the higher side in the global self-heating food packaging market, attributable to the presence of unorganized and small-sized manufacturers.
Self-heating Food Packaging Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) published a new report on the global self-heating food packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2019-2027. In this report, growth opportunities for the self-heating food packaging market are analyzed. The report provides valuable insights, which will enable readers to make winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the self-heating food packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Self-heating Food Packaging Market Report
- What will be market size for self-heating food packaging by the end of 2027?
- Which packaging type is expected to be the most preferred for self-heating food packaging? What was its market size in 2018?
- Which is the most preferred end-use for self-heating food packaging in the global market?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative for market growth?
- Who are the major key players in the global self-heating food packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the self-heating food packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates key market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global self-heating food packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users has been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of packaging types. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the self-heating food packaging market have been covered in the report to help readers understand future prospects of the market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The self-heating food packaging market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the self-heating food packaging market, along with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of self-heating food packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users of self-heating food packaging.
The report further includes company overview of various key players. This includes detail analysis of self-heating food packaging manufacturers at the global level. Some key companies profiled in the self-heating food packaging market report are Tempra Technology Inc., HeatGen, LLC, The 42 Degrees Company, Heat Food & Drink Ltd., and Luxfer Magtech Inc. and others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the self-heating food packaging market report for the study evaluation period. This TMR report comprises detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research has been employed to obtain keen insights into the study of the self-heating food packaging market. The report has further gone through a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the self-heating food packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Self-heating Food Packaging Market: Segmentation
The global self-heating food packaging market has been segmented on the basis of packaging type, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers a comprehensive view of the market.