Heat stable flavors are flavors that do not degenerate their structure and remain steady at high temperatures. Heat stable flavors are ideal to be used in bakery applications and also remain a preferred choice for other applications, such as processed food, beverage dairy and confectionary, among others. As heat stable flavors are able to withstand the heat which is released during the baking process, the final product creates an outstanding taste experience. Heat stable flavors also help to protect the final product against oxidation. Even after a long period of storage, heat stable flavors remain heat resistant and heat stable. They also provide added functionality for savory products, even those challenged with low sodium content, low-fat content as well as low-calorie content. The best thing about heat stable flavors is that these flavors can be easily whisked out with the help of other dry ingredients.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Problems associated with biotech flavors or natural flavors which are not heat stable is their lower shelf-life as well as stability and reaction issues affiliated with these flavours. However, this is not the case with heat stable flavors which are spray dried. Increased shelf-life and stability of heat stable flavors prevents the flavor from interacting with other elements in the product. On the other hand, improved heat and oxidative resistance protects the flavor from processing heat, reducing volatility/ evaporation of molecules and protects the flavor from the degradation caused by air and other contaminants.
The consumer buying behavior has transformed substantially in the recent years. This can primarily be attributed to increasing disposable income and rising consumption of healthy foods. As a result, consumer demand across the globe for specialized baked products has been growing substantially in the recent past, resulting in new product offerings during this period. Also, demand for food products that offer additional benefits is increasing at a rapid pace, especially in Japan. This can be attributed to increasing consumer awareness and rising consumer spending on food and beverages. For instance, international and local companies in their respective geographies are focusing on the development of encapsulated heat stable flavor solutions, offering increased shelf-life and long-lasting flavours to products.
Global Heat Stable Flavor: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Cereal and Oatmeal
- Snack Food
- Frozen Food
- Dairy Products
- Beverage & Instant Drinks
- Pharmaceutical & Personal Care
On the basis of nature, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
On the basis of flavor, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
- Citric Flavors
- Berry Flavors
- Spice Flavors
- Nut Flavors
- General Fruit Flavors
- Chocolate Flavors
- Coffee and Tea Flavors
- Vanilla Flavors
- Other Flavors
Global Heat Stable Flavor Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global heat stable flavor market are Symrise AG, Archer Daniels Midland Company, International Flavours & Fragrances, Inc, Sensient Technologies Corporation, FONA International, Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, FrieslandCampina Kievit GmbH, Tate & Lyle PLC, Mane SA, Robertet SA, T.Hasegawa Co.,Ltd. and Synthite Industries Ltd., among others.
As the European market dominates the bakery industry, the usage of heat stable flavors is also expected to be highest in Europe.
Global Heat Stable Flavor Market: Key Developments
- In June 2017, Symrise AG opened a creative center in Mumbai, India, to expand its presence in the country. This investment is expected to aid the company in co-developing fragrances, heat stable flavors and cosmetic ingredients
- In May 2016, Givaudan SA became the first global flavor manufacturer to open a new laboratory and office facility in Pakistan so that the people of Pakistan get access to its products, locally. The company’s objective is to spread its heat stable flavor application services to all the business sectors and rural regions of Asia Pacific
- In March 2017, Firmenish S.A initiated the construction of its new manufacturing facility for flavors in Zhangjiagang, China. This new plant will enable the company to operate throughout Asia Pacific region and provide superior services to its customers
- In July 2014, Archer Daniels Midland Company acquired Wild Flavours, which is a producer of flavors and heat stable flavors, to expand its business in heat stable flavors. Recently, Wild flavors launched SavorCrave, a heat stable flavor with an aim to enhance its product portfolio
Global Heat Stable Flavor Market: Value Chain
Opportunities for Market Participants
Globally, companies are investing more on bringing advancements in the spray drying flavor technology to enhance their production capacity as well as product portfolio. Therefore, technological advancements in heat stable flavor production is a key driving factor for heat stable flavor market. Big heat stable flavor manufacturing companies are implementing advanced technologies to produce high quality, good-for-health flavors that are able to cater to changing preferences of customers. These advanced technologies protect flavors against deterioration. For instance, Frutarom Switzerland Ltd., which is a flavor company, uses various innovative technologies, such as Durarome, that protect flavors from oxidation and also help in preserving freshness.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.