Heat stable flavors are flavors that do not degenerate their structure and remain steady at high temperatures. Heat stable flavors are ideal to be used in bakery applications and also remain a preferred choice for other applications, such as processed food, beverage dairy and confectionary, among others. As heat stable flavors are able to withstand the heat which is released during the baking process, the final product creates an outstanding taste experience. Heat stable flavors also help to protect the final product against oxidation. Even after a long period of storage, heat stable flavors remain heat resistant and heat stable. They also provide added functionality for savory products, even those challenged with low sodium content, low-fat content as well as low-calorie content. The best thing about heat stable flavors is that these flavors can be easily whisked out with the help of other dry ingredients.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Problems associated with biotech flavors or natural flavors which are not heat stable is their lower shelf-life as well as stability and reaction issues affiliated with these flavours. However, this is not the case with heat stable flavors which are spray dried. Increased shelf-life and stability of heat stable flavors prevents the flavor from interacting with other elements in the product. On the other hand, improved heat and oxidative resistance protects the flavor from processing heat, reducing volatility/ evaporation of molecules and protects the flavor from the degradation caused by air and other contaminants.
The consumer buying behavior has transformed substantially in the recent years. This can primarily be attributed to increasing disposable income and rising consumption of healthy foods. As a result, consumer demand across the globe for specialized baked products has been growing substantially in the recent past, resulting in new product offerings during this period. Also, demand for food products that offer additional benefits is increasing at a rapid pace, especially in Japan. This can be attributed to increasing consumer awareness and rising consumer spending on food and beverages. For instance, international and local companies in their respective geographies are focusing on the development of encapsulated heat stable flavor solutions, offering increased shelf-life and long-lasting flavours to products.
Global Heat Stable Flavor: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
On the basis of application, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Cereal and Oatmeal
- Snack Food
- Frozen Food
- Dairy Products
- Beverage & Instant Drinks
- Pharmaceutical & Personal Care
On the basis of nature, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
On the basis of flavor, the global heat stable flavor market has been segmented as –
- Citric Flavors
- Berry Flavors
- Spice Flavors
- Nut Flavors
- General Fruit Flavors
- Chocolate Flavors
- Coffee and Tea Flavors
- Vanilla Flavors
- Other Flavors
Global Heat Stable Flavor Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global heat stable flavor market are Symrise AG, Archer Daniels Midland Company, International Flavours & Fragrances, Inc, Sensient Technologies Corporation, FONA International, Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, FrieslandCampina Kievit GmbH, Tate & Lyle PLC, Mane SA, Robertet SA, T.Hasegawa Co.,Ltd. and Synthite Industries Ltd., among others.
As the European market dominates the bakery industry, the usage of heat stable flavors is also expected to be highest in Europe.
Global Heat Stable Flavor Market: Key Developments
- In June 2017, Symrise AG opened a creative center in Mumbai, India, to expand its presence in the country. This investment is expected to aid the company in co-developing fragrances, heat stable flavors and cosmetic ingredients
- In May 2016, Givaudan SA became the first global flavor manufacturer to open a new laboratory and office facility in Pakistan so that the people of Pakistan get access to its products, locally. The company’s objective is to spread its heat stable flavor application services to all the business sectors and rural regions of Asia Pacific
- In March 2017, Firmenish S.A initiated the construction of its new manufacturing facility for flavors in Zhangjiagang, China. This new plant will enable the company to operate throughout Asia Pacific region and provide superior services to its customers
- In July 2014, Archer Daniels Midland Company acquired Wild Flavours, which is a producer of flavors and heat stable flavors, to expand its business in heat stable flavors. Recently, Wild flavors launched SavorCrave, a heat stable flavor with an aim to enhance its product portfolio
Global Heat Stable Flavor Market: Value Chain
Opportunities for Market Participants
Globally, companies are investing more on bringing advancements in the spray drying flavor technology to enhance their production capacity as well as product portfolio. Therefore, technological advancements in heat stable flavor production is a key driving factor for heat stable flavor market. Big heat stable flavor manufacturing companies are implementing advanced technologies to produce high quality, good-for-health flavors that are able to cater to changing preferences of customers. These advanced technologies protect flavors against deterioration. For instance, Frutarom Switzerland Ltd., which is a flavor company, uses various innovative technologies, such as Durarome, that protect flavors from oxidation and also help in preserving freshness.
Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the flavor, application and encapsulation process of the segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Heat Stable Flavor market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.