Global Heat Seal film Market: Overview
Sealing of a product is an integral component in the food packaging industry, to maintain the freshness and protect the contents of packaged product from leakage. Barrier properties of the film are provided in order to keep the aroma of the food intact, however, sealing is for safety & quality of the product. The manufacturers in the packaging industry are offering a wide range of protective lids and labels to enhance the quality of packaging. To enhance the product packaging format, heat seal films are also used in pouches, in which stand-up pouches keep a major share. The stand-up pouches are convenient packaging solutions and get highlights on the retail shelves. The heat seal film market is dominated by the consumption of stand-up pouches across the world. The sealing of a product has a huge impact on its packaging quality, as it maintains the integrity of packaging format.
Global Heat Seal film Market: Dynamics
Sealing strength of heat seal film in high as well as low temperatures is the crucial factor adding value to the quality of packaging, and driving the global heat seal film. The heat seal film is also used as the lidding film on the thermoformed trays and containers and other plastic containers. The manufacturers in the heat seal film market are providing different material options to the consumers such as polyethylene, polypropylene, PVdC and EVOH among other materials. Heat seal film is used by the companies to reduce the packaging storage area. Also, it is a cost-effective solution as compared to rigid lids. The increment in the food & beverage consumption is estimated to boost the heat seal film market growth. Food & beverage segment is the key segment driving the heat seal film market growth. Introduction of bio-based heat seal film will create a high incremental opportunity for the market in the near future.
Global Heat Seal film Market: Segmentation
On the basis of material type, the global heat seal film market has been segmented as
- Poly Ethylene
On the basis of application, the global heat seal film market has been segmented as
- Flat Pouches
- Stand-up Pouches
On the basis of thickness type, the global heat seal film market has been segmented as
- <45 microns
- 45-60 microns
- >60 microns
On the basis of end use, the global heat seal film market has been segmented as
- Food & Beverage
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Electronics & Electrical
- Homecare Products
Global Heat Seal film Market: Key Players
- Ester Industries Ltd.
- The 3M Company
- Borealis AG
- Toray Plastic Inc.
- Cosmo Films Inc.
- Plastic Supplier Inc.
- Polyplex Corporation Ltd.
- DIC Corporation
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Dow DuPont Inc.
Global Heat Seal film Market: Key Developments
- Manufacturers such as DIC Corporation & Plastic Suppliers Inc. are offering bio-based packaging solutions boosting the growth rate of global heat seal films market.
- Key heat seal film market leading players such as Bemis Company Inc. and Berry Global Group are investing in research and development for sustainable growth of their businesses
Global Heat Seal film Market: Regional Outlook
According to FPA, Flexible packaging accounts for 90% of the plastic, in which, 46% is the packaging films market. Heat seal film is used for better performance in temperature variations during shipping and storage. The heat seal film market is anticipated to expand significantly in the upcoming years, owing to high demand for protective packaging. The North American heat seal film market is expected to According to Plastics Europe, in packaging industry, the demand for plastics converters was 39.9% in 2017, which ultimately boosts the growth of heat seal films market. The China, India, and Mexico, the fastest growing countries, are expected to witness high degree of competition offered by the manufacturers in the heat seal film market. The manufacturers are looking forward to create recyclable heat seal film in the market.
On the basis of region, global Heat seal film market has been segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- East Asia (Japan, China, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.