Global Foam Insert Market: An Overview
Foam inserts ensure damage-free transportation of fragile products from one place to another during the process of shipping. To meet the different needs of packaging, foam inserts are being developed for the safety of products. High-level protection is offered to the packaged goods when packed with a form insert. Manufacturing companies provide foam inserts as per product fabrication, container dimension, and package size. Foam inserts are generally used by the manufacturers of electrical and electronic products due to their fragile nature. Foam inserts are also used by the defense industry to protect artilleries and other defense equipment from damage or spoilage. A foam insert is lightweight, durable, and easy to mold according to the goods or products. Foam inserts are used in various industries including automotive, electrical & electronics, food & beverages, military applications, manufacturing, and healthcare among others.
Global Foam Insert Market: Dynamics
Applicants responsible for the demand for foam inserts are electronics and appliances, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and consumer product manufacturing industries. The foam insert market is driven by manufactures of fragile goods. These foam inserts are shaped according to the shape and size of the products, which are to be packed in the container and ensure damage-proof packing. Some chemical products which can be hazards when directly exposed to the environment are properly kept in packed containers with the help of a foam insert. It also gives stability and rigidity to the packaged goods to prevent any physical damage. Highlighting a largely fragmented and unorganized market structure for form insert, the increased in number of small scale regional manufacturers, is expected to grow the global market for foam insert.
Use of foam packaging is steadily witnessing a ban across some parts of the world, which can restrain the foam insert market. Catering to various specifications of product packaging is a resolvable experiment, however, it requires significant expenditure on recalibration of production machineries and replacement of traditional protective packaging methods. Market players in the foam insert market are been forced by the environmental protective agencies to consider recycling and reusing foam insert packaging products. This has lowered the profit margins and affected operation costs.
Global Foam Insert Market: Segmentation
The global foam insert market is segmented as follows -
By material, the global foam insert market is segmented into –
- Antistatic Polyethylene
By product type, the global foam insert market is segmented into –
- Charcoal Foam
- Neoprene Foam
- Anti-static Foam
- Polystyrene (EPS)
- Egg-crate Foam
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Form
By end-user industry, the global foam insert market is segmented into –
- Electrical & Electronics Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Automotive and Mechanical Parts
- Medical Device & Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Building and Construction Industry
- Defense Industry
Global Foam Insert Market: Regional Outlook
A profitable open market for foam inserts is observed to be the Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) region. Manufacturing centers like China, South Korea, and India will factor the acceptance of foam inserts in the APEJ region. The report has projected that the demand for foam insert packaging products made of polyurethane materials will be prominent. The increasing demand for the ESD form in Asia Pacific region will also push the demand for foam inserts.
Recent Developments in the Global Foam Insert Market
A foam insert is an additional item which provides protection to packaged goods, which are to be delivered or shipped. Purchase patterns in the retail market have seen more inclination towards online shopping, simultaneously leading the demand for protective packaging such as foam inserts, over the coming years.
- In terms of material type, neoprene foam materials will register prominent sales in the forecast period.
- In July 2016, Orlando Products, Inc. (Baltimore, Maryland, USA) successfully acquired Absolute Packaging, LLC, and (Springfield, Virginia, USA). This acquisition provides Orlando Products with additional manufacturing capacity and expands the company's presence in the Northern Virginia market.
Global Foam Insert Market: Key Players
Some of the leading players operating in the global foam insert market are as follows –
- Sonoco Products Company
- DRB Packaging
- Volk Packaging Corporation
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Pregis Corporation
- Tucson Container Corporation
- Rogers Foam Corporation
- Wisconsin Foam Products
- Plastifoam Company
- Armstrong Brands, Inc.
- Tucson Container Corporation
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the foam insert market
- Historical, current, and projected size of the foam insert market in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in the foam insert market
- Strategies of key players and products offered by them
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on performance of the foam insert market
- Must-have information for foam insert market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint