External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL): Introduction
- The external-cavity diode laser comprises a laser diode chip having one end anti-reflection coated and the laser resonator extends to the output coupler mirror
- The other type of external-cavity laser is a resonator, based on an optical fiber instead of free-space optics
- External cavity diode lasers are primarily utilized in undergraduate and graduate laboratories. They are easy to use, can be customized, inexpensive, and are available with variety of wavelengths. Therefore, they can be employed in optical metrology and spectroscopy experiments
- External cavity diode lasers are also utilized in atomic physics to measure and manipulate the quantum state of atoms
Rise in Demand for External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Globally
- An external cavity diode laser (ECDL) can be tunable to an atomic transition. This property is beneficial for conducting atomic experiments and applications such as grating period measurement, micro-fabricated atomic clock, and for investigating two photon transition in rubidium
- The mode-locked type of external-cavity diode lasers are extensively utilized in data transmitters for optical communications, and the tunable type of external-cavity diode lasers are useful for laser absorption spectroscopy of trace gases.
- ECDLs are highly preferred for use in rubidium saturated absorption spectroscopy, optical design, and water vapor absorption spectroscopy
North America to Lead Global External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Market
- North America is expected to dominate the external-cavity diode lasers market due to the presence of large manufacturers and market players in the region
- Rise in demand for external-cavity diode lasers in various industries such as manufacturing and optical is fueling the external-cavity diode lasers market in North America
- Asia Pacific is also rapidly adopting external-cavity diode laser technologies with the entry of major & established players for diverse uses in optical communication systems
- The external-cavity diode lasers market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period, while the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Market
Key players operating in the global external cavity diode laser (ECDL) market are:
- Lahat Technologies Ltd
- Alpes Lasers
- RPMC Lasers
- Toptica Photonics
- Eagleyard Photonics GmbH
- Opton Laser International
- Power Technology Inc.
- Optasense Inc.
Global External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Market: Research Scope
Global External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Market, by Type
- Tunable External-cavity Diode Lasers
- Mode-locked External-cavity Diode Lasers
Global External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Market, by Application
- Optical Communication
- Optical Storage
- Laser Printing
Global External Cavity Diode Laser (ECDL) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.