Electropneumatic Positioners: Introduction
- Electropneumatic positioners are devices used in control valves with pneumatically operated actuators. These valves are operated by means of electric controllers or control systems. Electropneumatic positioners convert the control signal into a pneumatic output in proportion to lift of the control valve.
- Electropneumatic positioners are the conventional pneumatic positioners that have an additional integrated electropneumatic transducer. The transducer receives the DC analogue input signal from the control system and converts it into a proportional pneumatic signal, which is then sent to the conventional positioner.
- Certain pneumatic positioners available in the marketplace have the option of adding an integrated electropneumatic transducer. This option provides customers with a facility to upgrade their existing control technology, while continuing to use their current reliable positioner technology with which they are comfortable and familiar.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Electropneumatic Positioner Market
- Various factors are responsible for growth of the global electropneumatic positioner market. Some of the factors such as easy maintenance of electropneumatic positioners directly provide low usage cost. The user can save on the cost of new installations and recurring expenses on purchase of products.
- Electropneumatic positioners are available with the alarm point-out function as well as built-in microcomputers and sensors that allow easy remote parameter change and monitoring
- Different manufacturers operating in the market also offer easy-to-operate electropneumatic positioners
- Manufacturers are focusing on advancements in electropneumatic positioners so as to offer positioners with a torque motor having quick and ultra-precise response, compact design, rugged construction, and resistance to vibration
- Most manufacturers are also focusing on providing products with easy and precise calibration having zero and span adjustments. Also, internal and external mounting of position transmitters and limit switches is made easily possible.
Ongoing Advancements in Electropneumatic Positioners Driving Global Market
- Manufacturers are focusing on providing the best facilities and the most efficient electropneumatic positioners. The newly developed products also feature positioners with efficient programmability and precision.
- Growth in the popularity of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is also one of the factors positively affecting the global electropneumatic positioner market
- The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) uses networked sensors and intelligent devices directly on the manufacturing floor, thereby collecting data to drive artificial intelligence and predictive analytics. Electropneumatic positioner software are expected to be synced with the AI in the near future.
- The usage of IoT and AI would be much more convenient with advancements such as programmable tight shut-off function and corrosion-resistant coatings that are designed to withstand extensive vibration
- The above-mentioned benefits of electropneumatic positioners are expected to drive the global electropneumatic positioner market at a rapid rate during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market for Electropneumatic Positioners
- A majority of manufacturers operate in the market in countries of Asia such as China and India. The region leads the global market for electropneumatic positioners. North America is expected to be the second-largest market for electropneumatic positioners during the forecast period.
- Manufacturers and researchers are conducting continuous research for advancements in electropneumatic positioners.
- Manufacturers in Asia Pacific as well as other regions are focusing on the development of linear positioners and rotary positioners for use in advanced electropneumatic positioners
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global electropneumatic positioner market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Actuant Corporation
- Danaher Corporation
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Hilti Corporation
- Hitachi Koki Ltd.
- Makita Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Techtronic Industries.
- SAMSON Controls Inc.
Global Electropneumatic Positioner Market: Research Scope
Global Electropneumatic Positioner Market, by Form
- Linear Positioner
- Rotary Positioner
Global Electropneumatic Positioner Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Metal & Mining
Global Electropneumatic Positioner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.